Remove Advertisements

[H] Ahn'Kahet Need Help!

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[H] Ahn'Kahet Need Help!

Postby mconeone » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:07 am

That last boss is just crazy. Everyone has 4 adds with 12k hp, including a healer. Having an all-ranged group seems like a big liability since ranged can't snare them and kite. I was able to avoid mine by AS'ing them and running out the room and down the hallway so I could get them all in AOE range. The 2 mages we had just got owned though by themselves and the hunter.

Does anyone have any tips on this?
mconeone

Postby Nalyn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:58 am

Ya, we had issues with this as well, in general, the whole instance was a bit of a wake up call, no more zerg, face rolling in heroics. This just comes down to using all your abilities to manage/CC the rest of your group, people need to remember they have other abilities than just pure damage, and remember that anything goes, use CC, stuns, fears interupts, kiting, heals, etc, to get the healer down, or out of the way, and get one or two people down, once you've got even one of your group mates finished off, you should be in relatively good shape.
Nalyn

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:24 pm

The theory of this place is that it's a heavy DPS check... 2nd, 3rd and 4th boss are dps checks. Your DPS need to manage to CC the dangerous clones and nuke down the healer before it heals too much. Healer and tank should just outlive their adds until the others are done and can help. If you managed to pass 3rd boss, there you needed to pop 60k damage in 7 seconds, with 3 dps, that means that any DPS should be able to make bursts of 4-5k DPS if needed.

The trick of last boss should be saving all CDs for the insanity part... it's still a horribly hard place, probably the hardest heroic so far.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:54 am

Before he casts insanity each time, have everyone in the party dogpile the boss so everyone is all clustered and easy to blow up.

^^
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby amh » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:27 am

If you´re going as retribution on the last boss, make sure you swap to SoCommand during Insanity.. I killed myself again -_-
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Ursula » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:58 am

We found the rest of the instance quite easy, our DPS was quite impressive though. The last boss is indeed pretty difficult, but somehow the DPS managed to kill their adds fast and helped me kill mine.
Ursula

Postby antiy4ho0 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:31 am

Ran Ahn'Kahet last night and it was pretty crazy. The trash wasn't so bad, but we had some issues on 2 bosses. The boss that shoots the fire orbs wwe had issues keeping people alive. I figured having people spread in a circle would be best, when the boss started casting the orbs everyone should of ran straight back to avoid taking damage from all orbs?

Well didn't quite work. Funny story, healer died so me and a hunter started running away to try to leash the boss. Boss does not leash, and I run allll the way back to the entrance and we just end up graveyard zerging the boss a the front. Boss died on the web ramp right at the entrance of the instance.

Also had issues on the last boss, DPS died during second insanity and me and the healer duoed the last ~25% of the boss.

Group:
Prot Paladin
Resto Shaman
Combat Rogue
Marksmen Hunter
Arcane Mage
antiy4ho0

Postby Vaer » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 am

Group:
Prot Paladin (me) 24k unbuffed crit immune in blue/heroic gear
Ret Paladin
Mut Rogue
Destro Lock
Holy Priest

Our problem was the priest putting up renews on everyone that full heals in a few ticks. The Ret pally was having little trouble bursting down his adds but I was getting stuck after killing one as the priest could easily keep the other 2 up.

The Trick: The AI isn't very smart and is easily kitable, we had the Ret pally kill his and everyone else just focused on survival and kitiing. Then one by one the Ret pally would come and kill the rest of the adds. It took us 3 wipes to come up with this but it was almost trivial once we did, although not every class comp is going to be so easily kitable it can work really well
Redridge County College
Guildportal Spotlight Guild
http://rcc.guildportal.com
Vaer

Postby Charie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:24 am

Only major problem we had with this boss was our resto druid. During insanity the resto druid spams Nourish(sp??). Dps had to be on top of the interupts/stuns to down the druid.
Charie

Postby Daenerys » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:20 pm

only did this once so far. resto druid tried switching into cat form but it didn't work, the cat spammed nourish. rogue&druid died during first insanity, and me (tankadin), ele shaman (healed), and shadow priest lasted long enough through 2 more insanity phases before rogue and druid got to us. In some ways, it was easier because the resto druid was dead and no longer part of the insanity:p

edited to fix spelling
Daenerys

Postby Non » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:34 pm

This is the best HC ever. The insanity part is so fun. Did it with me tanking, holy priest, boomkin, mage and a shadow priest. We wiped 2-3 times first because I was the only one who managed to kill the adds.

The first insanity went well when we finally killed him. But on the 2nd everyone except me and the spriest died from the reflections. 2 sec after the insanity part was over the boss used his shadowbolt volley and killed the spriest. I did the last 30-45k myself. Lay on Hands, Bubble+Bandage, trinkets, Pots, Nightmare Seed. I had 600hp left when he died.

Paladin power

Just focus on the healer and try to take it down to 75%-50% and pray for no hots. Wait until HotR, Judgement, ShoR and AS is ready then stun and use everything you got. That should kill the healer, f not you need survive until stun is ready again.
Non

Postby Arcia » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:52 am

Never had any problems with last boss.

Healer and tank just needs to stay alive so the dps can help them out.
Although I ussualy have a fury warrior and retadin with me, they dont die as easy as clothies do and they dont suffer from pushback.

As for the second boss.

I ussualy tank him where he stands, ranged dps and healer stand in the slope leading up to the boss, when he does the fire balls ranged dps and healer can easily outrange them if needed by going down on the sloop, me and the melee run in whatever direction we need to too keep away from the orbs, if everyone does this perfectly no one should be damaged by them.
Second thing you need to do is bunch up close to eachother immediatly when he vanishes so you can start dps'ing him right away, remeber that you cant heal the victim on HC so healer can help with some dps to.

In all honesty everytime Ive did this instance we have been able to get the boss down to about 75-150k health before all the dps is dead, fortunetly it seems he stops doing the embrace thing when its just 2 ppl left so me and healer have been able to take him down quite easily, sure it takes awhile for a protpala to do 150k damage, but with 2 ppl its really easy to avoid the fireballs and such :)
Arcia

Postby Talwen » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:21 am

Charie wrote:Only major problem we had with this boss was our resto druid. During insanity the resto druid spams Nourish(sp??). Dps had to be on top of the interupts/stuns to down the druid.

So true! After running this quite a bit the last week, I am convinced that my druid healer is the hardest boss in any heroic. Nourish is just crazy.
Talwen

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:54 am

If you are having troubles killing the adds due to healing, have your healer run as far away as possible before insanity. His add will have to run all the way back, giving you time to burn the rest of the adds down.
Belloc

Postby Rothes » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:50 pm

I have heard you can LoS the insanity... anyone tried that?
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Next

Return to General Strats