Remove Advertisements

Boss Order

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Boss Order

Postby Arjuna » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:19 pm

So, for us that never have been in there before, and yet are going to lead our guild through there in a few weeks...

What order should the bosses go down? Any special things to watch out for(speaking class/gear here not tactics).
I know of the frost resistance on sapphiron so far...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Spider
Abom
Plague
Deathknight
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Postby Lore » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:05 pm

Lightbeard wrote:Spider
Abom
Plague
Deathknight


Honestly I would suggest:

Spider
Deathknight
Plague
Abom

Patchwerk is one of the hardest fights before Saph on your gear, Grobbulus is *MUCH* harder than he was at 60, and Thaddius still requires more raidwide coordination than any other fight in the zone. At the same time, Razuvious is still very easy (even easier now, at least in 10mans), Gothik is pretty easy, and Four Horseman isn't nearly as difficult as it used to be.

I would rank Plague after Spider if it wasn't for the Heigan dance.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Kethion » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:29 am

We did:
DK
Spider
Plague
Abom

We tried patchwerk on monday before reset after killing razuvious and it became clear the gear wasn't there yet (also had pugs and people were offspec). This week it was fine.
Image
Kethion
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:14 am

Postby Joanadark » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:04 am

Lore wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Spider
Abom
Plague
Deathknight


Honestly I would suggest:

Spider
Deathknight
Plague
Abom

Patchwerk is one of the hardest fights before Saph on your gear, Grobbulus is *MUCH* harder than he was at 60, and Thaddius still requires more raidwide coordination than any other fight in the zone. At the same time, Razuvious is still very easy (even easier now, at least in 10mans), Gothik is pretty easy, and Four Horseman isn't nearly as difficult as it used to be.

I would rank Plague after Spider if it wasn't for the Heigan dance.


I would agree with Lore.

Since things went live, they actually significantly tightened some of the encounter tuning. One of the major examples is the enrage timer on Thaddius (which was 8 minutes on beta, and allowed deaths to be tolerable) being lowered to 6 minutes on live. In entry gear, even full sunwell level, the DPS check is non-negligible for your first time in the zone, and pretty much requires that you not have any major screw ups resulting in deaths.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Postby Janduin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:42 am

Lore wrote:
Honestly I would suggest:

Spider
Deathknight
Plague
Abom

Patchwerk is one of the hardest fights before Saph on your gear, Grobbulus is *MUCH* harder than he was at 60, and Thaddius still requires more raidwide coordination than any other fight in the zone. At the same time, Razuvious is still very easy (even easier now, at least in 10mans), Gothik is pretty easy, and Four Horseman isn't nearly as difficult as it used to be.

I would rank Plague after Spider if it wasn't for the Heigan dance.


This makes me feel better...tried PUGing naxx 10 yesterday and actually managed to kill Patchwerk but Grobbulus was pretty difficult...I was pretty bummed about our chances on the rest of the bosses so it makes me feel better than Grob was toned up from 60. I was expecting him to be easy.
Image
Janduin
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Geneva

Postby towelliee » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:22 am

We are at Kel`Thuzad after 2 nights we went:

Spider
Abom
Deathknight
Plague

Hardest boss for us was Grobulus by far dunno why since he was so easy pre-bc. Patchwerk was cake.
towelliee
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:09 am

Postby Sinnegorth » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:55 am

Word seems to be coming in that the frost resist gear may not be as important, we'll have to see.

I am wondering about the tank situation on Razuvious - used to have to have like 3-4 tanks back in the day.

How does that work now?
Sinnegorth
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Postby Splug » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:13 pm

10-man is significantly different (mind control crystals are used), 25 is about the same. Except tanks can actually handle more than one target at a time now, so having one tank to one add is not necesary.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby knaughty » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:36 pm

I only did Anub and Raz at 60, and I'm one of the more experienced people in-guild. But guild was 4/6 Sunwell pre-nerf, and killed M'uru/KJ the week 3.0 was released. We tried Naxx-10 last night. In about 3 hours, cleared Spider wing and Plague wing, plus Razuvious. I had dinged 80 the day before, put some defence gems in my Sunwell gear and crafted 3 epics (shield, boots, engy hat), which was enough to put me uncrit and at 29k with utter maximum raid buffs. I have a few 78+ blues, nothing special. No rep gear, minimal enchants. Our bear had 36k, but he's been 80 for a few days.

Makeup was bear+me as tanks, holy priest + druid healer, six DPS (all pretty damn good, but most in "fresh 80" gear or Sunwell stuff). Anything solo-tank I MT'd with bear doing kitty DPS. Anything with 2 tanks, bear took the hard job and I had the easy one (his gear is better).

• Wiped three times learning the Hiegan dance - none of us had done it before.

• Wiped 3 times (lol) learning to time MCs of Raz students using crystals. I took one, priest who'd done it at 60 took the other, bestiality druid tanked one add at start for 15 secs and covered MC break/re-engage, DPS rest of the time.

One-shot the other five bosses on the "learning" attempt, including Mex where we pulled her on the wrong side of the room. Read WoWwiki and you can kill them on 10s.

Made one try at Patchwerk. NB: you must clear his room (or AE tank 30 aboms, you pick).

All this largely without boss mods installed.

Definitely far easier than progression Karazhan was.

Going to try the second half tonight, then 25-man on Wed. Would be totally unsurprised if we clear Naxx-25 in the first week we try. Will pretty much depend on how fast people learn the dance and other similar boss mechanics. Tank-n-spank stuff will simply be one-shot.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
User avatar
knaughty
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Knaughty wrote:• Wiped 3 times (lol) learning to time MCs of Raz students using crystals. I took one, priest who'd done it at 60 took the other, bestiality druid tanked one add at start for 15 secs and covered MC break/re-engage, DPS rest of the time.

So damn true lol, took us as well 4-5 wipes to figure out how to deal with it, expecially since a few guides said that when the MC breaks the adds would heal back to 100%... which wasn't true, obviously.

Atm 2 days, 4 wings clear, but i wonder if we'd have been that quick without me explaining tactics to all others (who had never done naxx, not even original at 70).

Heigan dance is fun stuff, sad thing we had almost done the achievement, then one rogue died from the disease QQ
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13346
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Tekkel » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Cleared the 10 man in 4 nights now. 1 raid before this weeks lockout and 3 in this week. First lockout we cleared spiderwing + noth. Now up to kel'thuzad. Spider+plague is pretty easy if people can dance. Abom was a gearcheck + retardcheck. The deathknight side went pretty smooth, only 4h took some more tries. Patchwerk died 1 go when we got a working raidsetup for him which includes replenish. U deffo need that to keep your healer mana up when not outgearing.
Spend like 1 hour on sapphiron and 40 minutes on kel'thuzad. None of us had ever cleared those 2 before.

All in all pretty easy. We took some fully blue geared + some swp geared dps that just hit 80. The dps race was never a problem and neither was healer mana if people didn't take damage they should never get in the first place.
User avatar
Tekkel
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:10 am
Location: EU Silvermoon

Postby Tyaera » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Lore wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Spider
Abom
Plague
Deathknight


Honestly I would suggest:

Spider
Deathknight
Plague
Abom

Patchwerk is one of the hardest fights before Saph on your gear, Grobbulus is *MUCH* harder than he was at 60, and Thaddius still requires more raidwide coordination than any other fight in the zone. At the same time, Razuvious is still very easy (even easier now, at least in 10mans), Gothik is pretty easy, and Four Horseman isn't nearly as difficult as it used to be.

I would rank Plague after Spider if it wasn't for the Heigan dance.


Can someone explain how Razuvious is easier? I don't know if he was just bugged for us, or what, but we had massive problems with either the Death Knights not restoring their health when they got released and re-controlled, or having a debuff on the mob that prevented MCing for some amount of time, which was long enough for Raz to kill the now un-Bone-shielded mob.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Image
User avatar
Tyaera
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: sneaking through minefields

Postby Tyaera » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Knaughty wrote:I only did Anub and Raz at 60, and I'm one of the more experienced people in-guild. But guild was 4/6 Sunwell pre-nerf, and killed M'uru/KJ the week 3.0 was released. We tried Naxx-10 last night. In about 3 hours, cleared Spider wing and Plague wing, plus Razuvious. I had dinged 80 the day before, put some defence gems in my Sunwell gear and crafted 3 epics (shield, boots, engy hat), which was enough to put me uncrit and at 29k with utter maximum raid buffs. I have a few 78+ blues, nothing special. No rep gear, minimal enchants. Our bear had 36k, but he's been 80 for a few days.

Makeup was bear+me as tanks, holy priest + druid healer, six DPS (all pretty damn good, but most in "fresh 80" gear or Sunwell stuff). Anything solo-tank I MT'd with bear doing kitty DPS. Anything with 2 tanks, bear took the hard job and I had the easy one (his gear is better).

• Wiped three times learning the Hiegan dance - none of us had done it before.

• Wiped 3 times (lol) learning to time MCs of Raz students using crystals. I took one, priest who'd done it at 60 took the other, bestiality druid tanked one add at start for 15 secs and covered MC break/re-engage, DPS rest of the time.

One-shot the other five bosses on the "learning" attempt, including Mex where we pulled her on the wrong side of the room. Read WoWwiki and you can kill them on 10s.

Made one try at Patchwerk. NB: you must clear his room (or AE tank 30 aboms, you pick).

All this largely without boss mods installed.

Definitely far easier than progression Karazhan was.

Going to try the second half tonight, then 25-man on Wed. Would be totally unsurprised if we clear Naxx-25 in the first week we try. Will pretty much depend on how fast people learn the dance and other similar boss mechanics. Tank-n-spank stuff will simply be one-shot.


In progression level gear, Patchwerk is a 3 healer fight.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Image
User avatar
Tyaera
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: sneaking through minefields

Postby knaughty » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:07 pm

Tyaera wrote:Can someone explain how Razuvious is easier? I don't know if he was just bugged for us, or what, but we had massive problems with either the Death Knights not restoring their health when they got released and re-controlled, or having a debuff on the mob that prevented MCing for some amount of time, which was long enough for Raz to kill the now un-Bone-shielded mob.


10 or 25?

Wrote up a Raz-10 guild for MC: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=17240

Bone-shield before taunt.
Rotating students every 15 secs
Don't cancel MC early.

Killed him first time we worked out timing + rotation of students. They don't heal when released, but it shouldn't be required.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
User avatar
knaughty
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest