Remove Advertisements

Best AoE leveling spot for 70+

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: clarification as to where its at?

Postby guillex » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:06 am

CKaz wrote:I just combed the mountain area, the one cave spot I saw and outside a lot of aggro (which provided some aoe anyways) I cant find this spot at all.

Any locs/suggests? Is it near the top/middle/bottom?

thanks for any help!

[mario voice]Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we gooooooooooooooooo![/mario voice]

Go to the Expedition camp.

Head south into the Excavation area.

You need to jump down to the middle-ish row of ramps ... If not, you can always drop to the bottom and work your way up into the mine itself.

Once you're inside the actual mine, it's a bit hard to miss the spot. Both ramps (going up and going down) meet at a HUGE statue carved out of the rock.

Stick on the ramp headed up, or the one headed down (just around the corner from the statue), and you'll find the mobs there once someone comes in for the quest.

Ees that simple!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby CKaz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:18 am

Is it a small cave that connects two open points on the mountain face?

I found that one, but just regular mobs/nothing going on.
Anything special about the site itself?

If it still aludes me I'll run my other-server ally on the quest tonight
Wowhead usually does the trick, but not for what I'm looking to do here, heh

edit - kk thanks for the responses, give it a go when I'm not on a lunch break :}
fuzzygeek wrote:Some people have always endeavored to avoid int.
CKaz

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Did my first farming of the dwarves last night.
Wow. Just wow.
That place is designed ONLY for pallies.
I found that the upper group of mobs easier to work with, slightly less spread out than the lower group.

Also there does seem to be a timer involved with the respawns, i had a priest with me holy-nova'ing and if we killed them too quick, they all died before they respawned and the spot 'died'

end result.
PILES of cloth, greens, BOE blues, and according to my calcs almost exactly 180k exp for 1/2 an hours grinding. Thats with TWO people there.
Double if you do it solo, double again if you are on rested exp.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Othersider » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 pm

I grinded this spot to level 78. 77-78 still gave about 400k unrested xp per hour. Unfortunately you need to wait for someone to come by and trigger the quest. It isn't too bad of a wait for now, but once most people level triggers will be few and far between (not to mention blizzard might patch this), so use this while you can.
Othersider

Cave part 3

Postby BlueRaja » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Did this again today to get my first few bars of 75. getting about 600 now per kill. gonna continue this til at least 76. too good not to...
BlueRaja

Postby CKaz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:00 pm

bah I'm just cursed then

* I was in the right spot at lunch earlier, noone came by

* Finally someone came, bored I was just clearing the area
- I aggro'd HUGE, even looked like some big gold golem that wouldnt go down, so after blowing CDs I died
Guy was done and quest over by the time I returned
[Heck probably by the time I released]

Big o waste of time for me
Maybe my server isnt populated enough

so then I'm hanging around the middle and I get both waves and I just get crushed again, this time just the dwarves but I might have got 20+ of em, using PLG, maybe I dont have the gear? I'm not in ghetto 70s but it's definately not great either, I'm still a bit of a fresh 70.

for 3rd attempt was gonna just do the top but noones coming by, might be time to rejoin the quest collective lol =b oh well
CKaz

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:22 pm

hmm... think i'm in the right place, but no one questing...

dang

just keep killing Iron rune golems :(

----

two hours of checking, no one doing a quest... pfftt....

logged out under statue's ass. pally might stay there a long time. Need to go spend 5,000G on saronite, since I can't get this guy aoe leveled. (Yeah, I know I sound frustrated....)

-----------

ok, finally got it started... 1,200,000 xp in one session (rested) almost 71 now. Will have to go back. again and again.

next time ret gear bag will be empty, and will have some spell power buffs handy as well
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

might go back

Postby CKaz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:39 am

I got a several upgrades from early 70 quests, halabar how's your gear?
I might go back, although frankly I might keep upgrading instead lol.

I just usually have to wait quite awhile - if I knew someone would do the quest I'd go right back. But not knowing... that can be a big waste o time.

I feel bad on one quest I didnt take a jamming spellpower 1h - I took the 2h figuring I may end up Ret.
After that I've been offered 2 more 2hers almost exactly the same and no spellpower wpn since. Bleh.
CKaz

Postby Impervium » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:48 am

If anyone plays horde on daggerspine, I'd be happy to trigger the event for you sometime. I've been keeping the quest and abandoning it after each grind session so I never have to wait. Contact me via PM on these boards and I'll try and work out a meet up time.
Impervium

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:51 am

My gear is Kara+ (ZA boots, badge chest, guardian belt, etc), weapon is prob the worst (S1 mace or HH sword).

I'm going back tonight or tomorrow with an extra bag empty (was full of ret gear), some spell damage food, 2 PLGs with spikes (3 if I can find a BS that will spike the third), and some kind of oil for the weapon, and a flask.

Seems like once you get it going, with BoS, RF, Jol, DevAura, you can keep going indefinity, at least until the shield breaks, or your fingers cramp up.

Looting is a bit of a problem, since you can't dump the grey items that get auto-looted. Is there an add-on that blocks grey items from being looted?

But I'll def be back again. I hate questing as prot, so this is certainly a viable way to level.

Wonder how far I can get in three hours on a Sat morning?...

halabar

Postby gmanathus » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:09 am

That spot is comical.... I levelled from 70-71 in barely a couple hours. Also, I'm an engineer with like 50 repair bots. I pop one of those suckers right next to me... I can repair/sell loot while im fighting.
gmanathus

Postby BlueRaja » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:28 am

gmanathus wrote:That spot is comical.... I levelled from 70-71 in barely a couple hours. Also, I'm an engineer with like 50 repair bots. I pop one of those suckers right next to me... I can repair/sell loot while im fighting.

LMAO!!!! GENIOUS!!!!!!
BlueRaja

Postby milehighako » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:11 am

Looks like the dwarf cave has been nerfed, or at least, it isn't give xp anymore at level 78, despite them being green.

Looking for another place to AOE grind i guess. Even at 77 was doing just shy of 500k xp per hour, which is nice when you're on a slow connection as I have been this week (hotel).
milehighako

Postby Impervium » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:38 am

It was working for me at 73 last night. Ended up with about 700k/hour unrested.
Impervium

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Yeah, it was working last night... and I don't think they hotfixed, so... will try again tonight and/or tomorrow morning. I'd be happy getting to lvl 77 there... I need some cold weather flying so I can mine, and the smaller aggro range while doing so...

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General