Remove Advertisements

10v25

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

10v25

Postby VikrumthePally » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:40 am

Those of you that have done both. How much weaker are the 10's or harder are they 25's?

Either way you want to look at it.

Just bored and curious on this cold Friday morning.
VikrumthePally

Postby Joanadark » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:16 am

Cold Friday morning indeed. I froze my butt off in formation this morning!

I'd say to a certain extent you could argue that the 10 man is slightly more challenging, simply because you A)Wont have complete raid synergy and assurance of having all the buffs as well as things like Replenishment, and B)You only have a certain number of healers and tanks, who can only do so much at once. In the 25, some of the encounters can simply be brute forced by bringing extra healers/tanks to counter disasters or attrition. 2-healing 10 man Sapphiron, for example, is rough.

On the other hand, for the most part the 10-mans have slightly less technical execution requirements and less demanding mechanics.

Kel Thuzad on 25 man mind controls people, which is inconvenient to deal with because there is a lot of stuff all going on at once and everyone has a job to do, so you have to compensate on the fly for key people getting mind controlled at a bad time. It requires redundancy in your roster, and your assignments. The 10-man Kel Thuzad does not mind control however, which makes the whole thing noticably less challenging, since you only have to worry about doing your own job right, and not potentially someone else's too.

The DPS checks are more tightly tuned on 25-man, to counter the greater raid synergy they will have and the fact that they wont be running with people in hybrid specs or anything like that like you might see in a 10 man.

By and large, the 10 man contains all the same stuff, the pulls just have fewer mobs in them and they deal much more reactable damage.

I think they did a good job of tuning both zones appropriately. I think Kel Thuzad makes an excellent 25-man introductory raid end-boss.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby VikrumthePally » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:05 am

Great write up. Thanks a lot Joan.
VikrumthePally

Postby Sinnegorth » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:58 am

I've heard you can run both heroic and normal in the same raid cycle before a reset - Can anyone confirm?
Sinnegorth

Postby Splug » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Sinnegorth wrote:I've heard you can run both heroic and normal in the same raid cycle before a reset - Can anyone confirm?
Yes, the dungeons are unrelated for lockout purposes.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:54 pm

For the most part Naxx25 is even easier than Naxx10. The hard bosses are harder in 25, but everything else just feels like 3.0 Sunwell. You know how the fight works, but it's not a big deal because the boss dies so fast.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:50 am

As for 10th i didn't really have the impression bosses died fast, but tactics are very easy.
Even with people who've never seen old naxx and had no idea about tactics or whatsoever (even both tanks) we cleared 7 Bosses on first evening, all in 1-3rd try
DPS was me on ~3k BM Hunter and all others 'round 2.2 - 2.8 depending on what fight. (i took PW for example)

There are few encounters where you need to get your own tactics to work, Gluth Kiting for example, but in general everything is down so fast and very many bosses will be down in first try, it's qool
Ryuusuke

Postby VikrumthePally » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:05 am

Im kind of gathering that. So does content feel like it did in 3.0 launch? I have been playing my warrior as a tank (brand new) and I cannot get the mechanics down because all I do is TC, Shockwave, wtfpwn things and everything is dead.

I just really hope the entire game hasn't turned into absolute nonsense just zerg the living crap out of things. Seriously I haven't used marks since 3.0.

Anyone else? I realize this is derailing my own thread but meh.
VikrumthePally

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:32 pm

The 10 and 25 dungeons are roughly comparable in difficulty. The 25 actually seemed easier in several locations due to having more tanks and healers available to split between tasks.

Yes, the game is currently about as easy as 3.0 Sunwell. It looks like the intent was to split the leveling race up from the raid-content race. This encourages people to actually take their time and enjoy leveling through Northrend, as well as looking at all the lore and quests that were added - a lot of work clearly went into that, and Blizzard's goal seems to be ensuring we have time to observe and enjoy it. My speculation is that Uludar will be more interesting from a raid difficulty perspective.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon