Remove Advertisements

Requirements for WOTLK Heroics

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Requirements for WOTLK Heroics

Postby Defrost » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi all,

i have about 21.4k HP unbuff, currently still only at 484 def,
am i able to tank heroics for the new wotlk instances?

If not, what are the recommanded minimum HP to tank heroics??

thx all ^_^
Defrost

Postby BigBlueCheese » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:07 pm

I thought heroics would be fairly easy, but maybe I just picked the harder instances first when I hit 80. Like Strat is pretty hard. Meathook hits like a freight train so being crittable, especially that low, just won't do.

And when you reach towards the middle where you're pushed through the houses, CC isn't really an option on the dragonkins, so hope you're healer isn't asleep at they keyboard.

But places like Utgarde Keep and The Nexus are pretty easy.

Bring CC. Don't expect to plow through heroics.
BigBlueCheese

Postby Defrost » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:55 pm

thx for the suggestion, even if i am capable of tanking heroics now. all the ppl in greens wont be able to hold dps or get oom real fast..

alot of them only have level without brains
i can easily fail any non heroic right now..
Defrost

Postby Neara » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:48 am

BigBlueCheese wrote:I thought heroics would be fairly easy, but maybe I just picked the harder instances first when I hit 80. Like Strat is pretty hard. Meathook hits like a freight train so being crittable, especially that low, just won't do.

Strat is one of the easier heroics ^^""""
Did it one hour after i hit 80, crittable with 19,9k HP unbuffed. Meathook is the hardest part of the instance, but shouldn't be much trouble if your healer isn't afk and you're ready with some oh shit!-buttons.

And when you reach towards the middle where you're pushed through the houses, CC isn't really an option on the dragonkins, so hope you're healer isn't asleep at they keyboard.

Bring some Meeles and let them handle an Agent, use HoJ to take away some burstdmg when you pick up 3 dragons.
Neara

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice