Remove Advertisements

How to Make Money in WOTLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How to Make Money in WOTLK?

Postby towelliee » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:45 am

Get the +16 Defense Pattern for JC!

Made 650 Gold last 2 days cutting gems for tanks lol. I may be only person on my server with the cut.
towelliee

Postby Kellel » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:45 am

smelt and sell titansteel bars!
Kellel
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:54 am

Quest grind and sell the rewards. :roll:
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:11 am

All you 80's should sell Frozen Orbs. I just paid 3k for one, but I suspect the prices will come way down eventually, and probably to 1k or so in a few weeks. (They will stay high for a while for all that crafted gear that needs them).

I could have waited but, I had the G to burn, and I wanted to have the Orb to make my goggles on my hunter (and will need another for my pally, but am holding off since I'll need 2 goggles for my pally, and might go BS on him, so am not gonna spend 1Kg+ on an orb for him).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby iwillpunishu » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:59 am

Ive been looking at the food from the cooking vendor, and a lot of it looks fishing related, also alchemist need some fish for certain elixirs. I'm thinking fishing( if you can tolerate it) will be very profitable. I was just screwing around waiting for a friend and fished up like 40 fish, and some of them sold for 5 gold a piece.
iwillpunishu

Postby Samuelus » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:28 am

I started at midnight my time opening day and snuck about leveling mining.. once I gathered a good chunk of ore I leveled blacksmithing to 423.

sold a bunch of what I had made in the AH for very inflated prices:D

I hit 442 blacksmithing on the third day now all the lvl 80s are looking for a BS to craft titansteel stuff ( between pals of mine and myself Id gotten 12 titansteel bars crafted from my mats ) now im taking thier frozen orbs and selling them my bars for 2k each and crafting more. ive got four ingame mails for more stuff today...

I started expac with 340g

I leveld mining and skinning on my DK to 300, got the epic flyer for both my pally and DK ( set the gold aside) and still have 4.7k left..
Samuelus

Postby Tronden » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:25 pm

iwillpunishu wrote:Ive been looking at the food from the cooking vendor, and a lot of it looks fishing related, also alchemist need some fish for certain elixirs. I'm thinking fishing( if you can tolerate it) will be very profitable. I was just screwing around waiting for a friend and fished up like 40 fish, and some of them sold for 5 gold a piece.

This... Yes, I like fishing. Then again I have a LOT of patience. Then again - what pally doesn't? Slow and steady wins the race for a paladin...

Either way, I make some good money on this. prices actually went up for the pygmy suckerfish. I seriously sold them for 35 gold apiece last night... and I put em up there at that price because there were like 30 already posted at that price.

I made about 500g on just fish last night.
Tronden of Runetotem (US)
Guildmaster <Guardians of Azeroth>
Tronden

Postby Elsie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:45 pm

I don't make money. I just sort of gain things by attrition. I'm somehow up 2000g from leveling, and gave away 300-750g in enchanting mats along the way (almost to that blasted 440).

I am thinking of selling my two frozen orbs, though. An abyssal shard went for 350g last night for someone I know.
Elsie

Postby unboundarea52 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:14 pm

For the first week or so I just prospected all the cobalt I got and sold the raw mats. Even though they have come down in price, a single uncommon gem sells for between 18g-30g (dependant on type). Gaining an average of 6 gems per stack of ore you can see where this has been profitable.

Initially though a stack of 5 bloddstones would sell for 200g or so.

Also selling all the frostweave I get, because while I wouldn't mind First Aid to 450, I just don't care as healing myself with bandaids will never occur during the leveling process.

at 120g per stack of frostweave I was making bank.

All told Ive made about 4k outside of quest/item reward money, and I now have 3 titansteel bars that I can't decide to sell or not. I really would like to save them for the Destroyer.
Unbound - Area 52
Prot Pally
unboundarea52

Postby I Am Rumpole » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:38 pm

Stand on the dock where you arrive in Borean Tundra and /1 Selling Overcharged Capacitor
Selling for 250g the first day and it went steadily down in price as the days passed.
Whilst lolling at 3 people bitchin about the price for 15 minutes in /1 i sold 7 of them.
Got enuff to buy my alt his epic flyer :) Mwhaahhaha
KZ 13/13 - GL 2/2 - MAG 1/1 - ZA 6/6 - SSC 5/6 - TK 3/4 - MH 2/5 - BT 2/9 - SP 0/6
I Am Rumpole

Postby Neato » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:26 am

Yep, selling Overcharged Capacitor's was great the first day or two, but now (at least on my realm) they're everywhere and are going for a fraction of what I was getting before.
Neato

Postby mavfin » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm making money steadily just questing and selling the quest rewards I don't use. Greens are going to my enchanter, and I've already given up the first batch to my enchanter friend who's trying to level enchanting. Good investment for me, as that's free enchants for my tank later, for sure. I'm at 76, and up 12-1500, even counting spending 300g on saronite to feed my BS till I get around to mining my own. What I haven't done is buy anything else. My only outlays have been repairs and the saronite I mentioned and a stack or two of food.

One thing I did do was both start zones. That way, all the 70/71 quests were done, and there will be more high-end quests left for cash at 80.

I expect to hit 80 over the Thanksgiving holiday. Gotta work 4 nights counting tonight, off till Sunday after that.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Elsie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:44 am

How to make money:

Step 1: Kill stuff quickly, en masse
Step 2: Loot stuff
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Icecrown is ridiculous gold per hour even with blues.
Elsie

Postby Ryu » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:44 am

Since I have no use for badges, I sell Frozen Orbs for 500g per piece, made like 8k already.
Ryu

Postby Elsie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:53 pm

unboundarea52 wrote:Also selling all the frostweave I get, because while I wouldn't mind First Aid to 450, I just don't care as healing myself with bandaids will never occur during the leveling process.

All told Ive made about 4k outside of quest/item reward money, and I now have 3 titansteel bars that I can't decide to sell or not. I really would like to save them for the Destroyer.

Yeah I saved up 7 titansteel bars to make gear, and now it turns out the best ret paladin weapon is a blue from halls of stone. Go figure. Also, all the blacksmith tanking gear is terrible compared to dungeon drops and reputation items. The epic boots only have 35 defense rating on them. The only really good tank items I've found through crafting are jewelcrafting (ring and necklace) and the engineering goggles (granting a possible 97 defense possible).

But as for cloth, it's so easily obtainable leveling to 80, and still at 80, that there's no reason not to make a fortune and hit 450 first aid (not that I ever use bandages, it's just a pretty number in my tab).
Elsie

Next

Return to WotLK