Best AoE leveling spot for 70+

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Legionp » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:24 am

Any experience on locations for 75+?
Legionp

Postby Bentfork » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:20 pm

I found a moderate spot for lvl 74-ish last night. just slightly north of lights breach in zul drak there is an area with undead trolls that you can round up about 5 at a time to aoe and just further north of there is a courtyard with plenty of undead to round up as well, but there are also npc's there killing them and players as well killing them for quests. but best i have found so far for 74-75. all of them are mele too, so that helps
- the Fork
Bentfork

Postby Legionp » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm

BTW that dwarf area is awesome... just bring several shields.
Legionp

Postby gmf1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:20 pm

I went to the dwarf place in that cave there was nothing there, im horde though.

Also alot of aoe packs have had the mobs fixed to give no xp or loot. there are packs of undead in solarzy bason (whatever you call it) they have 11k hp and hit like any other mob but give no xp or loot, they might let them give xp again after everyone is 80? But that doesnt help us atm.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby milehighako » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:37 am

gmf1 wrote:I went to the dwarf place in that cave there was nothing there, im horde though.

Also alot of aoe packs have had the mobs fixed to give no xp or loot. there are packs of undead in solarzy bason (whatever you call it) they have 11k hp and hit like any other mob but give no xp or loot, they might let them give xp again after everyone is 80? But that doesnt help us atm.

Dwarf cave is still working. If you go in there and nothing is happening, you have to wait until someone comes in with the quest that causes the big group of mobs to spawn. Once they do, enjoy hours on end.

As previous folks mentioned, bring a few extra shields. I found that I could go through three shields before the rest of my year was red and needed repair. Longest non-stop combat was 87 minutes. :) I went from 74-75 in 4.5 with a few breaks. Would be faster at lower leves, I was only getting about 617 xp per kill.
milehighako

Postby æ » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:49 am

This is the most amazing spot in the game for leveling from 68 to 78~. Boreing as hell but amazing. This is a prime example of why Paladins are the AoE king.

Sadly I was a new 75 when I found out! But its still waaay more than questing. 2x at least. I was getting 550k doing full damage and not looting. At about 20% to 76, my shield broke. I didnt have anymore. I did not want to go back into town and risk them not being there when i got back. So i did this without a shield.

Along with looting and have'n no shield (do'h!) it dropped down to about 300k/h. Still better than questing unless youre going full hardcore, then its about the same.

I only tried to get ganked once. Most people kinda looked at me like "haha death to u".. later tunring into ..."what the flux?!". The one that tried to gank me, a ally mage, tossed some bolts at me. The second one crit, so I bubbled and watch his ass get owned to hell, and i casualy continued my grind.

The funny thing about this area is if you position yourself correctly, the mobs can double as protection insurance, as an ususpecting ganker will stand around where they span to get a shot at you, and wonder why 5 mobs just poped out of nowheres to murder them with the help of a stun from me. xD

Gonna post a couple picture for anyone that wants to see. I did a bunch of questing along with this too, thats why you see 10 hours. :P

Look ma, no shield!
http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... eldxf1.jpg

The clean get away
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bwahaharh9.png
æ

Postby maurok » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:04 am

Which weapon is best for the dwarf place? Amani Punisher with +40 SD, or King´s Defender with potency?
maurok

Postby Selgar » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:02 am

Spell damage weapon for this as 90% of your damage will be AE. I spent about 3 hours there the other night for 600k exp (I was boxing my wife so exp was halved). It's kinda funny keep seal of light and JoL up with sanc and you will end each fight with full mana and health. I actually did stop to loot stuff though got about 30 greens and probably 100g in cash drops (again split 2 ways).

One thing to be careful of if someone starts the event while you are fighting I noticed sometimes it resets and you have to wait for someone to start it again. I think the key is that you have to kill some during the event to start the ista-respawn cycle, if none of them have been killed during the event they dont respawn. 74 now so gonna have to find a new place to AE.
Selgar

Postby CKaz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:14 am

milehighako wrote:As previous folks mentioned, bring a few extra shields. I found that I could go through three shields before the rest of my year was red and needed repair. Longest non-stop combat was 87 minutes. :) I went from 74-75 in 4.5 with a few breaks. Would be faster at lower leves, I was only getting about 617 xp per kill.

Heh finally a use for those 2 extra lichen shields [extra shrooms]
Of course it would be nice to get a real shield too [relatively new 70]

I'm praying my copy comes today, can anyone verify these spots are still out there?

If it makes sense to stay Prot Pally (eg these spots are still out there) sounds good.

Otherwise single target burndown is just too meh and I'll probably go hard Ret.

thanks!
fuzzygeek wrote:Some people have always endeavored to avoid int.
CKaz

Postby Kracus » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:22 am

Don't think I've been to that area and I didn't level that way anyway, but I wanted to throw out a place in Ice Crown. Northwest right next to Shadow Vault, there is a combatant area which reminded me of the Demon Initiates in SMV.

About 12 packs of 2, rough guess, should be more, in a close enough range to round them all up. All melee and 79-80, also drops rep items.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby æ » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:05 am

Kracus wrote:Don't think I've been to that area and I didn't level that way anyway, but I wanted to throw out a place in Ice Crown. Northwest right next to Shadow Vault, there is a combatant area which reminded me of the Demon Initiates in SMV.

About 12 packs of 2, rough guess, should be more, in a close enough range to round them all up. All melee and 79-80, also drops rep items.

That will be the better area when this (dwarf) gets nerfed. And it _will_ get nerfed.

I'll check that area out! Another ally tried to gank me today. This time i found him in the pile of bodies though. Poor DK.
æ

OH YA! It is still working!

Postby BlueRaja » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:45 am

CKaz wrote:
milehighako wrote:As previous folks mentioned, bring a few extra shields. I found that I could go through three shields before the rest of my year was red and needed repair. Longest non-stop combat was 87 minutes. :) I went from 74-75 in 4.5 with a few breaks. Would be faster at lower leves, I was only getting about 617 xp per kill.

Heh finally a use for those 2 extra lichen shields [extra shrooms]
Of course it would be nice to get a real shield too [relatively new 70]

I'm praying my copy comes today, can anyone verify these spots are still out there?

If it makes sense to stay Prot Pally (eg these spots are still out there) sounds good.

Otherwise single target burndown is just too meh and I'll probably go hard Ret.

thanks!

I signed up to this forumn just to be able to tell you that this is still working as of last night, November 19th. I made two run throughs to the Dwarf area in the excavation site. I had 2 shields each time. First time had some rest saved up and made 10 bubs in an hour and a half. Second run made about 11 bubs in an hour and 45 minutes. This got me 3 bubs from 75. It also helped that the Horde won the PVP area, and i had a 5% XP buff!!!! It is also true that you need to wait for an Ally (if you are Horde of course), to start the event. No issue as long as you are playing during the evening. The Allies kept coming in there thorughout my whole fight...most would stare at me. Some actually cheered me, LMAO!

Anyway, yes, it is still working, and I plan on taking this route to 75 (only 3 more bubs), and maybe 76. I will have to see what the XP looks like once I ding 75.

One more hint, bring +spellpower buffs and weapons. It will make things go WAY faster!

Happy Tanking!!!!
BlueRaja

Postby CKaz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:01 am

thanks BlueRaja - got my copy last night and I just had to make a DK, but I go there with my Pally tonight /fingers-crossed!
CKaz

clarification as to where its at?

Postby CKaz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:59 am

I just combed the mountain area, the one cave spot I saw and outside a lot of aggro (which provided some aoe anyways) I cant find this spot at all.

Any locs/suggests? Is it near the top/middle/bottom?

thanks for any help!
CKaz

Re: clarification as to where its at?

Postby BubbaBill » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:04 am

CKaz wrote:I just combed the mountain area, the one cave spot I saw and outside a lot of aggro (which provided some aoe anyways) I cant find this spot at all.

Any locs/suggests? Is it near the top/middle/bottom?

thanks for any help!

Take the lift 2 stops down. Get off. Proceed to cave.
BubbaBill

PreviousNext

Return to General