Remove Advertisements

Addressing the Kings VS Sanct. Issue to Blizzard

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Addressing the Kings VS Sanct. Issue to Blizzard

Postby Equitas » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:37 am

Has anything been said from Blue's side towards this issue or is this being ignored? Because quite frankly i cant remember Ghostcrawler making a statement about this anywhere.

Would be great if we could have both without having to bring a second paladin for Kings / Sanctuary.
Making it an applicable like Vigilance or any other buff would be great.

So any news?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby CountZero » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:40 am

Why should we get both?
CountZero
Maintankadonor

Postby Aranbenjo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:42 am

CountZero wrote:Why should we get both?

One of the reason could be because in this way we can fix a lot of issues...
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo

Postby guillex » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:05 am

CountZero wrote:Why should we get both?

Because you may not always have a ret pally who's specced into Kings?

There's actualy a discussion on taking Kings, and I believe that Knaughty addresses the issue in his FAQ.

In response to the OP: No, I don't think any Blues have gotten back to us on this concern. I remember a post being answered by GC, but in answering it felt a little like a brush-off.

Who knows?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Ayka » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:11 am

I'd like it if Blizzard duplicated the buff on other classes, much like how replenishment and the Battle Shout/BoM work now. Multiple Classes can fill the same buffing role, so that we are not pidgeonholed into bringing certain specs (and classes) to 10-Man instances.

I'd like to have Kings, but sometimes its just not enough to get me to want to give up 3% Damage Reduction AND Mana Regeneration.

Make a Warrior Shout with it, Add it to Mark of the Wild, Give it as a buff to Rogues or Hunters (They don't have anything to add in that department as a casted duration buff.).

Most of my Raids will probably be going Kingsless, because the 5 Talent Points to invest into it I just couldn't justify.

-Ayk
Ayka

Postby Thels » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:08 am

Ayka wrote:I'd like to have Kings, but sometimes its just not enough to get me to want to give up 3% Damage Reduction AND Mana Regeneration.

On progression bosses Kings will help you more than Sanctuary will. The extra life that Kings grants, combined with the slightly increased mitigation from an increased Strength and Agility is worth more than the 3% damage reduction.

In progression it's not about minimizing the damage you take, but about maximizing your survivability (of which minimizing the damage you take is a part).
ImageImage
Thels

Postby caboom » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:39 am

Ayka wrote:Most of my Raids will probably be going Kingsless, because the 5 Talent Points to invest into it I just couldn't justify.

-Ayk

bring a ret bro :'(
caboom

Postby Consecrator » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:40 am

We have no ret either, but our holy pally took it for us
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Consecrator

Postby PsiVen » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:41 am

As long as you spec into both there's no real issue here. My only beef is that it costs talent points...

GC has said they're not thrilled with stuffing us with two talented blessings but that they weren't convinced baselining was the answer. In any case you can bet it's not high in the priority queue.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby mirkodeluxe » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:18 am

Ok, so Im not raiding yet and most instances are just ezmode..

But my feeling is: When you feel you need kings, you probably wont need sanctuary. When youre runnin oom, then you wont need kings.

Its easy enough to switch on yourself midfight, assuming you have kings. You do have kings dont you?
mirkodeluxe

Postby Thels » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:49 am

Consecrator wrote:We have no ret either, but our holy pally took it for us

That holy paladin is nerfing himself so much, it's not even funny :(
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Belarkan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:22 am

mirkodeluxe wrote:Ok, so Im not raiding yet and most instances are just ezmode..

But my feeling is: When you feel you need kings, you probably wont need sanctuary. When youre runnin oom, then you wont need kings.

Its easy enough to switch on yourself midfight, assuming you have kings. You do have kings dont you?

It does make sense.
Belarkan

Postby Elsie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:47 pm

Taking kings is the only way to assure every class gets the 3 buffs they want most with only 3 paladins. Otherwise you need 4 paladins or deal with 2 minute Battle shout - strictly inferior in a raid optimization stand point. Personally, I'd be rather annoyed on something like Gothik if my battle shout warrior was on the other side. Or on 4H and I'm on a separate rotation from him. Or if he simply forgets, like usual.
Elsie

Postby mirkodeluxe » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:56 am

Elsie wrote:Taking kings is the only way to assure every class gets the 3 buffs they want most with only 3 paladins. Otherwise you need 4 paladins or deal with 2 minute Battle shout - strictly inferior in a raid optimization stand point. Personally, I'd be rather annoyed on something like Gothik if my battle shout warrior was on the other side. Or on 4H and I'm on a separate rotation from him. Or if he simply forgets, like usual.

Yes. And there simply isnt anything better, or as good, you could take for those 5 talent point.
But anyone silly enough to skip it will probably not listen to reason anyway, so lets move on.
mirkodeluxe

Postby Seraphia » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:00 am

Ages ago GC said they would like to do something about making Sanctuary more powerful for the Paladin, but doesn't seem like that went anywhere.

I'd wish they just "Un-Bless" one of them. Make one of them something you attach to our Aura's, or a 'shout' buff or something.

I'm having a hard time think of talents as equally as annoying and mutually exclusive of the current Kings and Sanc.
-Seraphia <Slap in the Face> : Doomhammer
Seraphia

Next

Return to WotLK