Remove Advertisements

HELP! HoW and AS on same key...

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

HELP! HoW and AS on same key...

Postby Zorminster » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Okay, so im having a bit of trouble and didnt find what i was lookin for already floating around.

I wanna make a macro to cast hammer of wrath if i can (ie, cooldown is ready and mob is under 20% health) or avengers shield if i cant (either how is on CD or the mob isnt under 20% health).

Can anyone help me out? I was hoping a
/cast Hammer of Wrath
/cast Avenger's Shield

would work, but it ends macro when HoW fails.
[]Image
Zorminster

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Try hitting it twice fast. You could also have it cast HoW if pressed normally and cast AS if you use a modifier (alt, crtl, shift etc).
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Spectrum » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:18 pm

The problem is that there is no way to check health in a macro.

The reason that fails is it casts Hammer of Wrath, which causes it to ignore subsequent /cast directives, and when it fail it fails.

You could try:

Code: Select all
/castsequence [reset=1] Hammer of Wrath, Avenger's Shield

That will try to cast Hammer of Wrath first. The next time you press it it will try to cast Avenger's Shield if pressed within one second. Means you have to double-tap to get AS, but that has the benefit of not accidentally casting AS instead of HoW because the mob just got healed to 21% if you only press it once.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Bregor » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:32 am

I do not think it will work with a cast sequence either. I have a cast sequence macro Holy Shield -> Judgement for my rotation and if the seal drops off the macro gets stuck on Judgement (until it resets).
Bregor - Deathwing(EU) - 0/53/18
Bregor

Postby Zorminster » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:38 am

castsequence doesnt work either. sigh. back to two buttons i suppose.
[]Image
Zorminster

Postby OntetheProt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:56 am

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=15341

This.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=29, Avenger's Shield, Hammer of Wrath, Hammer of Wrath, Hammer of Wrath, Hammer of Wrath
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

/thread
OntetheProt

Postby dmok » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:02 am

OntetheProt wrote:http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=15341

This.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=29, Avenger's Shield, Hammer of Wrath, Hammer of Wrath, Hammer of Wrath, Hammer of Wrath
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

/thread

That's backwards to the priority he's looking for. He wants to prioritize HW over AS whenever possible.

Personally, I think the best way is just a command-toggle macro.

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:alt] Hammer of Wrath; Avenger's Shield

This will cast Avenger's Shield when pressed, or Hammer of Wrath if holding the alt key when pressed.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby OntetheProt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:06 am

dmok wrote:That's backwards to the priority he's looking for. He wants to prioritize HW over AS whenever possible.

Don't know why you would want to do that, but ok. My bad.
OntetheProt

Postby Zorminster » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:41 pm

OntetheProt wrote:
dmok wrote:That's backwards to the priority he's looking for. He wants to prioritize HW over AS whenever possible.

Don't know why you would want to do that, but ok. My bad.

so i can hammer of wrath trash mobs and still have AS ready to pull the next group.

I might as well use two buttons if im using a modifier keybind- when i said im running out of buttons i actually meant- "Im running out of keybind combinations that are easily and comfortably accessible"
[]Image
Zorminster

Postby dmok » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:52 pm

Zorminster wrote:I might as well use two buttons if im using a modifier keybind- when i said im running out of buttons i actually meant- "Im running out of keybind combinations that are easily and comfortably accessible"

Well, using a modifier keybind only would not work if you are using alt as something else as its own ability.

Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Zorminster » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:13 pm

no, it wont work because i already have alt+(1-7), r, f as other abilities ;p
its np; ill make do with what i've got till blizzard decides to let macros ready health or they include a SpellConditionsMet condition for macros : /
[]Image
Zorminster

Postby dmok » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:26 pm

Zorminster wrote:no, it wont work because i already have alt+(1-7), r, f as other abilities ;p
its np; ill make do with what i've got till blizzard decides to let macros ready health or they include a SpellConditionsMet condition for macros : /

I'm sure someone, somewhere can find a way. I just do not know how myself.

Hell, someone managed to write a macro for hunters where mousing over someone's "dot" on your minimap while tracking will target them.

dmok

Postby SmurfZG » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:18 pm

That sort of thing was possible before they removed casting spells and targeting with scripts, but no longer.
SmurfZG

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros