Remove Advertisements

Special Edition

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby xstrykr » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:02 pm

halabar wrote:When BC launched, Fry's electronics had piles of the CEs around. But I'm not paying extra for a pet. (Now, if they had a mount..... )

Yeah, I saw those too. I was tempted to buy a couple for friends that didn't get the CE. Highly doubt it'll be like that now, but you never know.
xstrykr

Postby Kaedan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Maybe I'm not hardcore, but I can't justify the extra $20 for a little pet at this point in my life, particularly with 2 accounts. And I don't need no stinkin art book :)
Kaedan

Postby Erutaron » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:00 pm

Belloc wrote:
Erutaron wrote:Had a friend of mine called a couple local store inquiring about the CE.

From what he was told, Blizzard made the collector's edition a GameStop/EB exclusive.

There are apparently only 18 copies of the CE in the city I live in.... and I got one :-D

Sounds like an asshole employee is lying to get people to shop at his store.

You might be right about this. Guess we will have to see.
Erutaron

Postby mavfin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:06 pm

Lore wrote:
Gamestop official policy is that you have 48 hours to pick up your preorder before they consider it abandoned. They'll occasionally sell copies they have on hand if they know they're getting another shipment in soon (ie: they're not something like the Collectors Edition).

It *is* a guarantee in the sense that they *will* sell you a copy, but if it's something they're getting more of you want to get there early.

Well, if they don't have my copy that I paid for at midnight, I'll just go down the street and get it elsewhere, and tell my bank to reverse the transaction tomorrow. If you don't reserve for me what I paid for in person, then I'll take my money back. (And yes, I can do that with my debit card. I did it before when a merchant tried to keep money for something he didn't supply on time.)
--Mav
mavfin

Postby ZombieRitual » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:43 pm

Collector's edition includes:
-Big, big art book
-TCG starter packs/boosters
-Frostwyrm whelp pet
-Making of/behind the scenes DVD
-CD of the new in-game music.
-possibly another couple things I'm missing, the original CE had a map of azeroth, the TBC one had a mousepad, etc.
ZombieRitual

Postby Morolann » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Zombieritual wrote:Collector's edition includes:
-Big, big art book
-TCG starter packs/boosters
-Frostwyrm whelp pet
-Making of/behind the scenes DVD
-CD of the new in-game music.
-possibly another couple things I'm missing, the original CE had a map of azeroth, the TBC one had a mousepad, etc.

Looking at my box you're missing:

The make non-combat pet bigger TCG Loot Card
Mouse Mat map of Northrend
Morolann

Postby fafhrd » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:52 am

Wasn't planning on getting a CE, showed up at futureshop at 11:40 to stand in line. Some guys came outside and asked if anyone wanted collector's editions - a few of us raised hands, they gave us numbers, and presto 30 minutes later we redeemed them for CEs :o

they ran out of the noveltly caps they give to preorder customers long before they ran out of CEs.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby agnara » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:18 am

The CD is kinda useless though, as you can already extract the files from the .mpq files. I'm still going to get the collector's edition though, it's either gettng the collector edition, or buying the regular version + a new mousepad.

Edit: ended up getting the normal one, the store I went to didn't have the collector's edition, and I didn't bother to go somewhere else
Last edited by agnara on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
agnara

Location: Somewhere, thinking about something, most likely off-topic.

Postby Balbanes » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:32 am

I preordered a Collector's Edition last week. Just went in to the shop a couple of minutes ago, flashed my receipt, payed for the game and now it's in my bag next to me. They only had one and just as I got away from the till I heard someone was asking if they had any Collector's Edition and the guy at the counter said he just sold the last one. I then bolted right out. Got the game for a good price too, £50.
Balbanes

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:02 am

Queued at around 11:30, HMV doors open at 11:45, 2xCE in hand by midnight.

So I have the hard decision now of what to do with my 2nd copy, upgrade a different account, or something altogether more fun.

CEs sold out fast.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Petrus » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:33 am

I actually ordered from Amazon in the second round of Collector's Editions that they offered. I had a $30 gift card I didn't know about and "Release Day Arrival" only cost $5. I'm getting it in the mail today and it only cost me $45 total :D
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Razakel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:40 am

Just got my CE from Amazon...why the hell are there 4 hours left in my work day?
Stanislaus - 66 BE - Robot Kitten Happy Train - Tichondrius
Razakel

Postby Nehor » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:30 pm

Just went by a Frys Electroncis to find a player's guide and saw a Pallet of CE in the middle of the store.
Cowards die many times before thier death, the valiant taste of death only once.

Nehor 85 Silvermoon, US
Jagged Edge Guild
Nehor

Postby Morolann » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:54 pm

Balbanes wrote:Got the game for a good price too, £50.

Ouch I hadn't realised how much you guys in the UK were getting ripped off for games.

That's quite expensive (even for the collectors edition) :shock:
Morolann

Postby Corman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:46 am

Seeing as I had a piece of paper taped to my desk as a mousepad, the mousepad was welcome though I could have gotten one cheaper. The book is actually really nice. Picked up my pet biscuits but as there are only 50 of the things, that's sort of crappy. Why not just give us an unlimited biscuit? Now I gotta save them to annoy raid members with my amazing, growing one-eyed sleepy willy 3 times a week.
Corman

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK