Remove Advertisements

Lvl 80s - Where are you?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Novariety » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:05 pm

My lvl'ing looked a bit like

Fjord--->Dragonblight--->Grizzly--->Basin--->Icecrown

All as prot

Of those, Basin I really enjoyed. Good xp, the zone was nice and tight so not huge areas to cover to get to mobs/npcs. Also having the ability to use my flying mount albeit still normal speed made it a lot easier. Basin I pretty much solo'ed and Icecrown I solo'ed till I hit 80 which was last night. The other areas I grouped with a warlock mate. Had to go back and do a few quests in the Fjord as that area was just a gankfest early on, but once in Dragonblight and further horde usually left us alone.

Done the majority of the instances plus a couple as heroic and can't really pick a favorite as I enjoyed them all.

The quest chain that people speak of in DB would be my favorite quest.

Now that I have hit 80 I will be working on my enchanting 416/450 atm. Alchemy is going to struggle 380/450 as I will refuse to buy the over exorbitant prices for herbs to level, so any free time hopefully will see me also level my mine/herb epic flightform druid.

Will continue to do heroics also and gear towards 25 mans. Hopefully tonight a few more people will ding 80 so we can go hit up some of the 10 mans and get those started.
Novariety

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:10 pm

HMm

Fjord-Tundra-Dragonblight for Wrath chain - Grizzly - Dragonblight again - Zul'Darak - and like 10 quests in the bazin with good ol' hemet

And yes I do complete every quests in all those zones I leveled

Fjord can lick my balls btw , most crappy zone in game EVER , go tundra MUCH much easier
Io.Draco

Postby Vanifae » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Icecrown is the best.

Gearing up in Level 80 instances and heroics.

This is fun again.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby mavfin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:04 pm

Io.Draco wrote:Fjord can lick my balls btw , most crappy zone in game EVER , go tundra MUCH much easier

I think Blizzard did this very well again. You loved the Tundra, I loved the Fjords. Appealing to more players = $$$. Tundra was ok, but I like Fjord a lot better. YMMV, obviously. :D
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Mialina » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:24 pm

I was 80 for a few days now, just specced retri and did quests that way. Even tanked instances in my prot gear as retri, not a problem.
Haven't had much time to play after hitting 80 but did a few heroics and will do more till rest of my guild levels to 80 for naxx and other raids.

Favorite Zone: Icecrown (Fun&Educative quests and lots of mines)
Favorite Instance: Old Kingdom (Due to last Boss)
Favorite Quest Line: Matthias Lehner quest line
Mialina

Postby Elsie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:19 am

This just in: Heroic halls of lightning is a bitch, but looks amazing.
Elsie

Postby amh » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 am

Normal is a bitch when you´re doing it at 77 -_-

Bastards shouldn´t have given me my epic mount before I hit 80. Give me the ability to fly and I think I´m a God. Can´t imagine what that place looks like when you´re standing there decked out in quest rewards..
amh
Maintankadonor

Re: Lvl 80s - Where are you?

Postby Tekkel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:04 am

As you were leveling, what were your favorite zones/instances/quest lines?
I've done most of Howling fjord, grizzly hills, sholazar basin and storm peaks. Esp sholazar was nice for getting fast xp/hour.
I liked the old kingdom instance. Most stuff is really fast and got bored after 5 runs there.

How did you do it? Spec? Questing? Instances? Solo? Groups?
I specced prot with imp hammer of justice and reckoning and put all my leftover points in retri to get more crit as I levelled.
Did alot of instances at the start to avoid the overfarmed content outside but after hitting level 73 outside was fine for me. Solo'd the quests.

What's next? Raiding? Alts? Professions?
Next is doing alot of heroics for badges and level my enchanting and cooking to 450. After getting the stuff I want i'm going to level my alt for mining and drop herbalism on my main for blacksmithing as that seems a more beneficial profession for raiding.

[/b]
Tekkel

Postby Markoh » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:41 am

Elsie wrote:This just in: Heroic halls of lightning is a bitch, but looks amazing.

Heroic halls of stone, omg that damn event. I swear I don't know how we did it, there are just SOOO many adds.
Markoh

Postby Ryu » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:44 am

Quested as Ret all the way, since there is zero downtime I just kept killing stuff nonstop along the way to quest objectives, I didn't do instances unless there were a few quests for it, it slows down leveling otherwise. Got to 80 in 41 hours.
Ryu

Re: Lvl 80s - Where are you?

Postby Kracus » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:01 am

Doogiehowser wrote:I know there are a couple lvl 80s that frequent this site. Show yourselves! Nothing to be afraid of.

As you were leveling, what were your favorite zones/instances/quest lines?

How did you do it? Spec? Questing? Instances? Solo? Groups?

What's next? Raiding? Alts? Professions?

Show us the way to the promised land!

Hit 80 last night, such a relief.

I only did BT, HJ, DB, SB and Icecrown. Full quest clear on all but Icecrown.

Favorite Zone: DragonBlight (Dragon Lore geek) with Icecrown in a close 2nd. Favorite questline is the Gate event, there is a good epic feel to the stuff in Westguarde. However the starting stuff and the amount of phased questing in Ice Crown is just awesome. In the Basin I would advise people doing the two faction quests, you get a companion that does differing abilities and could be a good help for questing in that zone. Zloot owns.

Did it: Prot from 70-80, majority questing but I did run through most all of the instances up to Gundrak. I like Gundrak and Old Kingdom. happy that some of these places will take 30 minutes on heroic for Orb farming.

I leveled Solo.

Next, hitting the def cap and waiting for everyone else to get to 80 so we can start instancing and gearing for raiding. Alt soon enough so that I can drop mining and pick up JCing.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby EvilNuff » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:23 pm

Life at 80 is all about rep and instances for me! Doing all the quests i didn't do to unlock quartermasters and what not. SO much fun I havent even logged in my alts.
EvilNuff

Postby Consecrator » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:49 pm

Leveld 70-80 prot and it was easy cheesy. Thought about the ret thing then the prot/ret combo and then the prot/prot thing, but in the end i leveled 1-70 prot so i felt i was obligated to do 70-80 also. It was pretty fun actually. I didnt get to bothered with ganking since i was prot and the grinds werent to bad either. my favorite quest (dont rmemebr the chain) was the one with the harpoon. You are on the dragon and you need to harpoon another one in flight and it pulls you over to its back where you need to kill its rider. Graphics were awesome as you fly through the air.
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Consecrator

Previous

Return to WotLK