Heroic's and 10 Man's in WOTLK a Joke?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Taragon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:59 am

In sunwell/t6 you defiantly can't just walk through some heroics. I recall getting hit for 11k from a boss in heroic Drak'tharon and remembering that it could of been 22k considering I'm still critable by 40 defense. A -75% armor debuff, Heavy bleed defbuff(+75% damage from bleeds) and a grievous wound do not fit well if you're expecting to just reactivity heal. >.<
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
Taragon

Postby Jobah » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:35 am

Blizzard made the game easier so we'll all get bored and go get lives. Get a job and lower that unemployment rate and help stimulate the economy!
Jobah

Postby Passionario » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:22 pm

If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Vanifae » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Utgarde Keep on heroic is pretty easy.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Heroics are this easy because it doesn't make sense to have them drop better loot than the easy 10-man introductory raiding. It's why the risk-reward was fail in TBC until they nerfed the hell out of them.

But I'm still pulling for Epic dungeons with Valor tokens and real challenges. I want the original purpose of Heroics restored -- raid difficulty dungeons for 5 player groups.

Also, the achievements are no substitute for challenging content. It's entry-level, we accept that. But if Ulduar were made just as easy and they handed out achievements to say "okay, well good play won't reward you with gear anymore but you get shiny titles" they might as well shoot themselves in both feet and try to hitchhike home from a state prison border.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:45 pm

I too am glad that heroics are a little bit easier this time around.

I remember 5-6 months ago when i got my pally to 70.
Followed eanims (speeling?) guide, got uncrittable, as close as i could to uncrushable without the badge libram...
Around 10.5k to 11k health, i got knocked silly in heroics.

The average 3 man pull was ok, if 1 of the mobs was CC'ed.
A 4 man pull with 1 mob cc'ed was nastly, the primal mooncloth geared priest was pretty much just madly spamming greater heals on me, forget the rest of the group.

The first 15 badges to get the libram were BRUTAL... after that i got to do kara runs as OT and got alot of purples that made life easier.

Getting purples in kara was actually easier than heroics for the most part.
More CC, a MT to tank the nastier stuff i couldnt, a dedicated healer just for me, vastly superior loot drops, and probably more badges of justice per hour as well.
Last edited by masterpoobaa on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby semp » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:50 pm

Every post about "lolheroics" or "easymodecasual" is usually coming from someone that was decked out in T6/SWP going into the expansion. Im sure those that either changed to a new "main" character for wotlk wont be steaming through heroics as soon as they ding 80.

The instances were tuned for people to be able to complete them in gear they obtained from questing from 70-80 with no prior epics.
semp

Postby Passionario » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:13 pm

EJ thread on the same topic wrote:On gear resets:

If you're in Sunwell gear, especially if you killed anything in Sunwell pre-3.0, you don't just out-gear it, you out-skill it.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:50 pm

yes skill is what alot of people dont recognise is a big factor.
Im so used to raiding with guildies i only mark 1 mob, people automatically know i do LOS pulls with casters, run in-n-out with the last boss of utgarde keep.

Lots of little things that keeps the runs fast, risk free and easy.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Angelus » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:09 pm

I agree with PsiVen that Achievements don't make up for challenging content.

I also like the idea about Epic-difficulty 5-mans. I'd like to be able to have fun being challenged when I'm bored at night without having to schedule it a week ahead.

Last I checked the ability to switch dungeons to an Epic-difficulty is already built into the client. Just no dungeons that support it yet.
Angelus

Postby Andryana » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:07 pm

Just remember how hard it was for a tank to start heroics if you weren't on a guild off-tanking kara or something, some heroics were ridiculously hard before most of the badge gear was introduced, just prevents the "sorry you don't have 30k to tank heroic Utgarde crap" from happening this time.
Andryana

Postby Kethion » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:25 pm

The variation of the difficulty for these heroics is pretty wide. We steamrolled nexus in about 25 minutes without really trying, but some of them are harder. Either way, group makeup plays a huge factor in the difficulty. Try healing heroic Oculus as a holy paladin >.> beacon can hardly keep up the healing required even if the tank does some crazy acrobatics.
Kethion

Postby Vanifae » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:33 pm

Just did Heroic Culling of Strathholme, I am not crit capped but it seemed relatively moderate.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Grimmal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:36 pm

WotLK Launch - For the casual players and some extent the raiders
WotLK Content Patches - For the raiders and some extent the casuals

Personally I'm happy with this design change.
I had a hook in my back and a light to guide me
Grimmal

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:01 pm

Some are easy , some require gear to be easy , some require BRAINS to be easy , and some are just IMPOSIBILE without brains , read occulus heroic .
Io.Draco

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats