Remove Advertisements

Mana issues?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Mana issues?

Postby Elderin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:58 am

Am I the only one running into Mana issues while grinding?

Unless I can round up about 15 mobs, I seem to go OOM after nearly every fight.

I did a search on WoW head and I can find no tanking items with intellect on them.
Elderin- Paladin (Protection) - Whisperwind
Consecration is my crowd control
Elderin

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:01 pm

I've been having issues with mana since the last couple of levels. I think its due to the reduced avoidance.
Anubisknight

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:59 pm

When you get to 75 you can just switch to SoW and abuse of shield slap, works fine enough and eliminates mana issues.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:08 pm

Mana issues are just abundant compared to Ret. Le sigh and le RIP for fast questing now that I'm 80.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Infinite Discontinuity » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:19 pm

With divine plea on a really short 1 minute cooldown I've been trying to find a way to macro it with an ability we use fairly often, like HotR or judgement but I haven't figured out a way to get it work with all the GCDs. Someone more knowledgeable than I should take up the cause and tell me how to do it as it seems like it would be really useful while tanking as well?

It's either that or fiddle with my logitech g15 and figure out how to time the delay down to the millisecond.
Infinite Discontinuity

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:43 pm

I carry 4 stacks of water with me. Refilling my mana takes a very short amount of time. Everyone should have some downtime.
Belloc

Postby Inukshuk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Infinite Discontinuity wrote:With divine plea on a really short 1 minute cooldown I've been trying to find a way to macro it with an ability we use fairly often, like HotR or judgement but I haven't figured out a way to get it work with all the GCDs. Someone more knowledgeable than I should take up the cause and tell me how to do it as it seems like it would be really useful while tanking as well?

It's either that or fiddle with my logitech g15 and figure out how to time the delay down to the millisecond.

You can't macro two abilities that each induce a global cooldown.

/castsequence reset=60 divine plea, hammer of the righteous, hammer of the righteous, hammer of the righteous, hammer of the righteous,hammer of the righteous, hammer of the righteous,hammer of the righteous, hammer of the righteous

Something like that would work, but it would replace your HotR button with a divine plea every minute, and that's probably not what you want it to do, since you don't want to, say, divine plea right on the pull when you need that HotR to build threat or something along those lines. No, it's probably another one of those situations where it's best to just get used to it and use it as appropriate.
Inukshuk

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Use SoW, Divine Plea on cooldown, pull a lot. Not much more to be done. If on single target, just don't spam too much stuff.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby dextria » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:31 am

dunno why ppl have this problem. its all about rotation. i use seal of wis> judge wis if neede then spam holy shield and hammer of rightous. dont think i drink more then 1 stack water per lvl.
dextria

Postby Jeslena » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:38 am

The only abilities I use when fighting mobs 1 at a time are Shield of Righteousness and Judgment of Wisdom. Didn't have too many problems with mana on the way to 80.
Jeslena

Postby Tekkel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:58 am

It usually works out fine for me as well. I swap to a different gearset for soloing. Basicly 8 pieces of tank gear and the rest retri. Do more damage, get higher returns on jow and the 2 piece T6 retri helped me alot.
Tekkel

Postby Katamai » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:25 am

Just lvl as ret then switch to prot at 80. I tried going to 80 as prot but ret blew it out of the water so i just respecced when i dinged.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby degre » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:21 am

For when I run low on mana, SoW and JoL, eventually double wisdom if get really bad.

I'm having downtimes cause I'm lazy, else could grind no-stop.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby caboom » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:26 am

PsiVen wrote:Mana issues are just abundant compared to Ret. Le sigh and le RIP for fast questing now that I'm 80.

Lvld as ret completely from lvl 70 to my current lvl 79, and i can confirm that once you get Divine Plea at 71, anykind of downtime whatsoever regarding mana is gone.
caboom

Postby Silpher » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:13 am

dextria wrote:dunno why ppl have this problem. its all about rotation. i use seal of wis> judge wis if neede then spam holy shield and hammer of rightous. dont think i drink more then 1 stack water per lvl.
Silpher

Return to WotLK