Heroic's and 10 Man's in WOTLK a Joke?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Heroic's and 10 Man's in WOTLK a Joke?

Postby towelliee » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:17 am

Wow, is all I can say. I decided to start Heroics yesterday about 15 minutes after I dinged 80. I went in there with T6 caliber healing and DPS. I did the Pinnacle/Halls of Lightning/Utgarde Keep with EASE. My defense was only about 523 and my stats were something like 19/15/13.

But seriously I think Blizzard definitely catered to the casual this time around. I was so dissapointed when I did the heroics and saw that I could AOE tank 80% or the trash with just kepping HS up and popping my empy tort every now and then.

Then later in AM we did 2 ten mans. One was in Wintersgrasp some enemy named Arachcavon the something...and I got Herois Redemption Chest and he was only like a 3 minute might. THEN we went to the Obidian Sanctum and I tanked all 3 mini bosses and Saph with no issues..

Maybe for others this stems a challenge but I will be heading into Naxx tonight and I feeel like it is going to be a breeze.
towelliee

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:23 am

Entry Level Raiding.
Belloc

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:24 am

If the progression order is :

5 mans => heroics => Raids

and the early raids are push overs, wouldn't it stand to reason that the heroics will be easy too? TBC heroics were messed up in difficulty. You needed t5 gear to do well in most of them. This system is far healthier for the community. It's not like you can go in there with a hunter's pet or arms warrior and still succeed in heroics. You still need a prot tank in prot gear. (also T6 dps, tanks and heals is not a fair way to determine it's difficulty as you will burn through the mobs faster and your healer won't go oom).
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:29 am

Long story short: Blizzard failed with Tier 4 content in BC. It was way too hard. Tier 7 content is where they want it to be... Tiers 8, 9, and 10 will be more difficult.
Belloc

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:33 am

I understand the issues with people dinging 80 and creaming the content that's been released with the expansion.

But wait! Hold on! It's only the content that's been released with the expansion.

You're only seeing a tiny part of the raid content we're going to get in WotLK... Yet people here, and guilds like Nihilum/SK, are assuming that everything is going to be easy.

Just chill out. Farm stuff for now. Get heroic 10mans going, w/e. We're only in patch what ... 3.0.2? 3.0.3?

Chill out. The sky isn't falling, lol. They've just been balancing what they should've done in BC.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby honorshammer » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:33 am

Some counter perspective

http://www.worldofmatticus.com/2008/11/ ... y-priests/

"Since I’ve hit 80, I’ve started working my way through a few heroics to try and get some badges.

Let me tell you, it is not easy. "
honorshammer

Postby daemonym » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:33 am

Belloc wrote:Long story short: Blizzard failed with Tier 4 content in BC. It was way too hard.

QFT

Tiers 8, 9, and 10 will be more difficult.

QFT hopefully
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:34 am

Meh.

I have to get back on my quick typing train.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ulushnar » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:37 am

I agree with Maji.

As a tank in a formerly-T6 guild it may be hard for you to appreciate, but I got tired of people posting that they can't get started in Heroics because if you weren't at least a T5 level tank, PuGs wouldn't touch you.

I'm glad they've made it easy for folks to get a foot in the door.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Xequecal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:37 am

The heroics are a sliding scale. Utgarde Keep and Nexus are stupid easy, but Gul'Drak and Utgarde Pinnacle are extremely difficult.
Xequecal

Postby Fenris » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:38 am

Belloc wrote:Long story short: Blizzard failed with Tier 4 content in BC. It was way too hard. Tier 7 content is where they want it to be... Tiers 8, 9, and 10 will be more difficult.

This.
I still remember the second heroic i did,2 weeks after tbc started.
I do because of a 12k blocked hit from an underbog lord :roll:

They went a bit too high on the difficult-level at start in tbc .It was challening to fight past it but not a brilliant design choice,they had to fix it multiple times (heroics/kara/gruul nerfed 1 time and maghteridon twice if i recall it right,forgetting for a second the 3.0.2 nerf)

Seems this time they wanted to be sure the "learning-curve" was a bit smoother
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Candiru » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:49 am

I remember doing heroic Mech as a 70 in all blues. We had a holy priest, a ret paladin (who ended up offhealing quite a bit), me, a warlock and a mage.

Was pretty hard, as the Charged Fists would kill me very quickly if the mob wasn't stunned or the paladin start throwing some extra heals.

I don't think the bosses were too hard, it was the trash that was difficult, mostly the charged fists and the gauntlet. (Although the gauntlet you could at least reset partway through)
Candiru

Postby Fenris » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:56 am

Well,most of the heroics had trash that were more difficult than bosses,and that was another problem (once again,i still remember it felt like they had simply put a 2x dmg on trashes and left bosses untouched)

Then,there was the occasional son of a .... heroic boss (ramparts dragon,with the fun fireball+charge on the healer while flying to the ground ) :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby ulushnar » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:58 am

Candiru wrote:I remember doing heroic Mech as a 70 in all blues. We had a holy priest, a ret paladin (who ended up offhealing quite a bit), me, a warlock and a mage.

Was pretty hard, as the Charged Fists would kill me very quickly if the mob wasn't stunned or the paladin start throwing some extra heals.

I don't think the bosses were too hard, it was the trash that was difficult, mostly the charged fists and the gauntlet. (Although the gauntlet you could at least reset partway through)

I still have nightmares about Charged Fists in the early days of Heroics. As much as anything else it was one of those areas where Warriors with their Spell Reflect were clearly superior.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:04 am

I'm glad they made the heroics a bit easier right out of the gate. I remember trying to gear up for uncrushable back in the day and getting faceraped by those two boglords in heroic UB just before the first boss. Granted i had like 9k hp back then (lol pre-hp buff) and my gear sucked, but it was kind of discouraging that heroics were so out of reach gear-wise, yet so accessible as far as players required to execute them.
Chunes

Next

Return to General Strats