Best AoE leveling spot for 70+

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Best AoE leveling spot for 70+

Postby Smote » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:52 pm

In the Howling Fjord I found an area that yielded roughly 600,000 xp per hour at level 71 and 530,0000 xp per hour at level 72. Let me share :)

Once you obtain the Iron Rune Construct quests located at the Explorer's League Outpost, get in a construct and go to the Thundering Cave, located in just south of the Explorer's League Outpost, in the side of the hill... Once there, find the area that the big group of dwarves spawn and exit the construct... Enjoy the ENDLESS waves of dwarves. Unrested they yield about 815 at level 71 and 715 at level 72. In the time I spent farming here, I got 60+ gold in coin drops, 15-20 green items, 3 BoE blues, and several stacks of Frostweave Cloth... Happy grinding.
Smote

Re: Best AoE leveling spot for 70+

Postby guillex » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Smote wrote:In the Howling Fjord I found an area that yielded roughly 600,000 xp per hour at level 71 and 530,0000 xp per hour at level 72. Let me share :)

Once you obtain the Iron Rune Construct quests located at the Explorer's League Outpost, get in a construct and go to the Thundering Cave, located in just south of the Explorer's League Outpost, in the side of the hill... Once there, find the area that the big group of dwarves spawn and exit the construct... Enjoy the ENDLESS waves of dwarves. Unrested they yield about 815 at level 71 and 715 at level 72. In the time I spent farming here, I got 60+ gold in coin drops, 15-20 green items, 3 BoE blues, and several stacks of Frostweave Cloth... Happy grinding.

I'd been there in Beta ... they had fixed the spawn rate from one build to the next ... So I'd say if you're going to do this, go do it now.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Barathorn » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:23 am

Dependant on level the spot given by Aergis in this thread looks awesome,

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... 0&start=15

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby econ21 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:28 am

Aergis's spot is the same as the OP's one, I think. Sadly, I completed the quest before reading this thread.
econ21

Postby CountZero » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:50 am

You don't need the Quest. Just go down to the cave and kill dwarves. It's fucking awesome.
CountZero
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:02 am

I was planning on questing my way up, but with mining nodes being hit so hard, I decided to level my hunter first via questing, since the skinning is plentiful and there are tons of unskinned kills around.

So for my pally, I can't really bear the thought of going and doing all these same quests again, so I will try these AOE spots and instances. I don't mind the endless AOE farming that much. It's probably better than repeating quests you just did on another toon. I'll go back and do questlines for gold and rep later if needed.

Only question is... PLG still the way to go?..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby unboundarea52 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:53 am

Argent Strand in Zul'Drak

F'ing amazing. I'm not prot right now, but ret, and Ill tell ya, it's ALL undead, respawn in VERY fast, they are all lvl 75-76.

I didn't track xp/hour or anything, as my goal is to get rep with the argent crusade. But the few quests I did right in front of the strand lead me to believe this place could be pretty solid for a prot pally, there are enough mobs to regen mana fast from BoS and if your Ret it isn't too bad, but eventually youll need to rest.

Try it out. Ret + Healer out there would be able to handle the whole spawn endlessly I think. Plus they drop a daily quest item, frostweave and items as appropriate.
Unbound - Area 52
Prot Pally
unboundarea52

Postby Spectrum » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 pm

unboundarea52 wrote:Argent Strand in Zul'Drak

F'ing amazing. I'm not prot right now, but ret, and Ill tell ya, it's ALL undead, respawn in VERY fast, they are all lvl 75-76.

I didn't track xp/hour or anything, as my goal is to get rep with the argent crusade. But the few quests I did right in front of the strand lead me to believe this place could be pretty solid for a prot pally, there are enough mobs to regen mana fast from BoS and if your Ret it isn't too bad, but eventually youll need to rest.

Try it out. Ret + Healer out there would be able to handle the whole spawn endlessly I think. Plus they drop a daily quest item, frostweave and items as appropriate.

I would definitely be interested in learning about areas to go to in the 75-80 range, as this one might get a bit old fast.

And remember to bring a few spare shields if you don't want to go back for repairs.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby MrDuck » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:59 pm

unboundarea52 wrote:Argent Strand in Zul'Drak

Actually, i found the spawn rate rather slow, and its a bit annoying to pull the mobs 'cos they attack the npcs there.

I found one pretty nice spot near Wintergarde, there, a bit above naxxramas on the map, are a few camps of mobs that respawn relatively fast,and can be pulled camp by camp of 10-15, however they're around level 73, so its a bit low for 75+, but lower levels should find some really nice xp there. (on 76 its still around 400k/hr)
MrDuck

Postby Morpheren » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:15 am

I've been in this cave a few times tonight and can't for the life of me find any damn dwarves......

I'm following the directions found in the first comment here http://thottbot.com/q11495
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby CountZero » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:22 am

Strange.

The right cave has two exits and dwarves and Iron Rune Golems in it. http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=24271

I just jumped down with bubble and entered the cave. Here is a Screenshot of the right spot. http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11495
CountZero
Maintankadonor

Postby Kaienn » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:39 am

You need someone to have just gone in there with the quest or else the dwarves don't spawn. Once they spawn, make sure you are attacking them or they will quickly despawn after Loken goes away. Once your batch of dwarves die, they quickly start to respawn as you kill them.
Kaienn

Postby maurok » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:19 am

Kaienn wrote:You need someone to have just gone in there with the quest or else the dwarves don't spawn. Once they spawn, make sure you are attacking them or they will quickly despawn after Loken goes away. Once your batch of dwarves die, they quickly start to respawn as you kill them.

as a horde pally, where exactly should I wait? just in the middle of the cave?
maurok

Postby Suzytincan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:13 am

I went to the cave last night. I'm 75 now, but it was still free mindless XP while I watched tv.

However, I am curious... three times when I was in there, I suddenly started taking a lot of damage. I looked at my screen and I wasn't dodging/parrying/blocking at all. I checked my gear, and nothing was broken... it was as if the game thought I had my back turned to them, but my client still showed me with my back to the wall.

I started to run out, turned around, and saw "Block" pop up... so I went back to my spot. It happened 2 more times, less than 10 minutes apart. Anyone experienced something similar? Could this be Blizz's "fix" to make sure people are at least paying attention?
Suzytincan - 70 BE Paladin, Blackhand, US
0/55/6
Suzytincan

Postby Suzytincan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:16 am

maurok wrote:
Kaienn wrote:You need someone to have just gone in there with the quest or else the dwarves don't spawn. Once they spawn, make sure you are attacking them or they will quickly despawn after Loken goes away. Once your batch of dwarves die, they quickly start to respawn as you kill them.

as a horde pally, where exactly should I wait? just in the middle of the cave?

There was a pack just below the glowing statue*. That's where I stood... there are a couple little corners you can tuck your back into. I just made sure that my consecrate covered enough of the dwarf spawn area to pick stuff up quickly.

* If that statue is Loken, then he talks way too much.
Suzytincan - 70 BE Paladin, Blackhand, US
0/55/6
Suzytincan

Next

Return to General