Remove Advertisements

Northrend 5-mans

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Kathane » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Zironic wrote:
it doesn't matter how much you know when the boss hits for 13k and you got 12k hp ^^

When you know that he doesn't move while casting the cleave and you can run through him and take no damage, I'd theorize that it does :lol:
"What's the kill order?"
"This room, the next room, the hallway, and then the boss."
*throws shield*

Kathane

Postby dornstar » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:56 am

I tanked Azjol 3 times today between 71-72. It's a super fast instance. We did it in exactly 21 minutes on our 3rd run.

Boss 1 - Sort of like first boss in Hyjal. There's 3 trash waves followed by the boss. Party can heal and mana up for about 5 seconds between waves. Tank and spank the boss.

Boss 2 - There's 3 groups to pull before him. Pull them back to back to stop the little adds from running up. Boss is tank and spank but he cast an AOE poison.

Boss 3 - Everyone in the party needs to be in the circle or you get locked out of the fight. Boss doesn't attack until you're nearly in melee range. Every 25%, he submerges and you have to kill the adds. There's like 2 bigger adds that you have to kill before he comes back up. Beetles will show up and none of the adds does any real damage. Also, spikes pop up out of the ground throwing you in the air, but they do no damage. There's an animation before hand. Really easy fight. Down the boss, down the adds, rinse and repeat.

Overall, it's by far the fastest and easiest instance that I've ever done.
dornstar

Postby Andryana » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:41 am

Only done Azjol,Nexus and Utgarde so far, i absolutely loved Azjol! Such a fantastic environment, not much trash and straight to the point, every dungeon so far looks awesome, a lot better than crap like slave pens or blood furnace when i got into TBC..
Andryana

Postby dornstar » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:15 pm

Ya, the new instances really make the old ones look bad.

Going for my first Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom (73-75) run tonight!!!
dornstar

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:27 am

One thing is sure, Violet hold sucks.

Gimme my cloack already :(

The random boss thing is ok but not when the bosses have different lootlist.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:41 am

give me my shield :P

Oh btw I lost cloack to a dk who was dpsing , FUCK SAKE..
Io.Draco

Postby Andryana » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:21 am

I got the cloak last night, still need shield and not sure if the pants are better than the inscribed aldor ones.

I liked the place actually, didn't quite understand what was the deal with the ethereum boss(we have to kite it around?) but it was still easy, good place to some instance grinding, runs are 15-20 minutes tops, BM without the trash before and no need to mount, i like it!

Other instances i've done, Old Kingdom simply amazing in terms of scenario and the last boss is lots of fun! Also done Drak'Tharon, pretty nice too.
Andryana

Postby caboom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 am

Some boss encounters are nice and chalenging, some are still just tank'n'spank overall dificulti of dungeons is however very low.
caboom

Postby caboom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 am

caboom wrote:Some boss encounters are nice and chalenging, some are still just tank'n'spank overall dificulty of dungeons is however very low.
caboom

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:56 am

Hmm ye , I found some bosses in violet hold quite a fight , and some others aswell

some are still just tank'n'spank overall dificulty of dungeons is however very low

Replace this with MOST :P
Io.Draco

Postby Valinora » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:35 am

For UT final boss....how do to get out of range of Dark Smash in time?

I have run it 3x, and each time I try to run he gets me still....I sit and watch for the cast bar to start.

I have been using strafe, should I just run through him instead?
Valinora

Postby Losbullitt » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:47 am

Nexus = cake.
Utgarde = cake.
Ajernone Nubland = cake.

The end boss at Ut gives me the most problems with his shadowprimalheadsmashninjalolbbqwtf attack. Getting hit for 5-10k at a time just sucks. :cry: I try to run out when I see his cast bar moving up. It works only a handful of times.

12 hours and I'm almost at 72.
Losbullitt

Postby Lookit » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:17 am

I've had a blast so far in the new 5-man's. This weekend I ran Utgarde Keep, Nexus, Azjol'nerub, Old Kingdom, Violet Hold, Drak'thar Keep, and Gundrak, and really enjoyed them all.

Everything was pretty straightforward. Most of the bosses have interesting mechanics, but nothing difficult to figure out, and the trash was all "pull 2 groups and AOE it down".

The one part that gave us trouble was the second boss of Azjol'nerub, Hadronox, who is quite easy if you know the right time to engage. The fight is kind of a "reverse gauntlet" where you are in one room fighting trash while the boss slowly makes its way to you. So, you have to finish off the trash before the boss gets to you. In the room you are fighting in, there are two openings through which a continuous stream of mobs will pour, most of them heading to the boss, but some of them heading towards your group.

The key is this: when the boss finally enters the room, the first thing it will do is throw up two webs that cover each of the openings spawning the mobs, meaning they will no longer produce adds. This is imortant because the boss has a lifesteal poison that she will put on everyone periodically. It's no problem for the group, just cleanse it from your party members. But if there are a ton of adds, they will all be healing her with it. She also gets 10% of her health back everytime she kills a target, so between those two abilities, she can heal from 50% to full in just a few seconds if there are lots of adds.

So, just make sure that when she finally enters the room, you let her finish off whatever adds she's fighting and watch for her to throw the webbing over the two openings. Once she's done that, its a simple tank and spank with cleansing and moving out of the poison clouds.

Our first attempt, I pulled her as soon as she was within range, and we had dozens of adds throughout the fight, and we held on for a good 15 minutes before finally wiping it, because she simply kept healing to full.

One other thing I'll mention about the fight, I am not sure exactly why it happened, but on our second attempt, I actually went down into the hallway and pulled her even before she got into the room, and there was a huge surge of elite adds that decimated the boss, literally killing her in under 10 seconds, but then which went on to wipe out our group in about the same amount of time. We got credit for the kill and got to loot, but it's probably preferable to just wait for her to block the openings and then fight her normally ;)
Lookit

Postby Logane » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:19 am

Losbullitt wrote:
The end boss at Ut gives me the most problems with his shadowprimalheadsmashninjalolbbqwtf attack. Getting hit for 5-10k at a time just sucks. :cry: I try to run out when I see his cast bar moving up. It works only a handful of times.

12 hours and I'm almost at 72.

I just hit Q and start straffing left, it's the cue to the group to move out. Very easy. Tanked at 9k hp (reroll into pally).

As for Nexus, Guillex is right on the final dragon Keristrasza - just jump and make sure that the rest of the raid moves or jumps. Also try and cleanse the chains if you don't have another raid member to do it.

On Ormorok you should watch your feet, but more importantly make sure your healer watches theirs as well. My priest wasn't paying attention and got 1 shotted.

BTW, I completed both the Nexus and Utrgarde last night. I ran with a shaman, a mage, a priest, and a dk. The shaman, priest, and I dinged 70 the night before WotLK (all rerolls into those classes). The DK was only 68 but did fine. The mage was in t4/charity epics. Both are definitely doable - and pretty easy - with low geared and low level groups. The most important thing is to hit places like this thread and know what you are getting into before you start.

Oh, one last thing, the BE in the nexus (Grand Magus) casts primarily fire when she's by herself, so it helps to change auras.

Edited: because I never learned left from right.
Logane

Postby Logane » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 am

Valinora wrote:For UT final boss....how do to get out of range of Dark Smash in time?

I have run it 3x, and each time I try to run he gets me still....I sit and watch for the cast bar to start.

I have been using strafe, should I just run through him instead?

What's your ping like? Do you have your castbar up in a place that you can see it? For me, I put my back to the wall he starts up against and tank him there. A simple strafe left when the bar is about 25% full means I will be out of range. You don't need to turn, just strafe. I never get hit.
Logane

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats