naxx 4 hoursemen

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

naxx 4 hoursemen

Postby daemonym » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 pm

so i've been going over a few (admittedly outdated) strats for naxx and it seems to me that this is the most interesting and difficult fight in naxx. it's like a raid wide gear check and coordination test it seems. all the other fights have a few interesting mechanics or are just don't stand in green goo/fire, are you wearing mostly greens/do you have an OT styles of fights.

well, with all 4 of them constantly stacking their debuff simultaneously, it won't take long at all before they wipe the raid, and with 800k(??) combined hp, it seems a little difficult to have all 4 tanked and shot down in time before the stacking debuff overwhelms your 2-3 healers.

anybody have a decent strat on these guys? cuz it seems to me that you just want some resto shammies spamming lolchainheal the entire time and just go at it as usual. i may just be thinking this cuz most of what i read is from the lvl 60 40man version. thoughts?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Falkman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:31 pm

Basically what you do is rotate the raid around, so that when the guys currently fighting Lady Blaumeux get 3 stacks of her mark, they switch with the group fighting Sir Zeliek etc.
That gives both groups time to let the first mark fall off, while they start getting the other rider's mark instead.
Watch some videos on it and you'll understand :)
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Postby daemonym » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:34 pm

oooooooooh! so it can be out ranged then? i totally missed that /facepalm. i thought it was like all 4 put a mark on you for X damage, time passes, all 4 put another mark on you for X damage. i take it that healers and ranged dps can out range the mark while still doing their thing?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Falkman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:38 pm

Afaik on the original Naxx healers and ranged could not outrange the marks while staying in range of their target, but I do not know if this still holds true at lvl 80.
Falkman

Postby Marklevin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:45 pm

do they have any unique tanks? because there's no way in hell most guilds will bring in 4 tanks (maybe in 25 man, but not in 10)
Marklevin

Postby Arianne » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 pm

AFAIK you use a mage and a priest tank on two and then normal tanks on the other two.
Arianne

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 pm

two of the horsemen are tanked by any ranged player, including healers. You simply have two players stand nearest the horseman that they are tanking, and they switch positions when the stacks reach a certain point (2 or 3). Also, they have to avoid void zones.

I do believe that the mark range has been reduced as well. It's really not as hard as it sounds and it's nowhere near the difficulty of the old fight.

http://www.worldofmatticus.com/?p=2481
details the fight.

Basically, you have a healer and a dps/healer/hybrid tanking the caster mobs. They heal each other and themselves. If you don't have a hybrid, the one healer should be alright. They switch at 3 marks.
Melee tanks have two dedicated healers, and the tanks switch at 3 marks. The link suggests that both melee mobs be killed simultaneously, but you can burn the first one down if you'd like (and you really should if you happen to have 2 paladin tanks)

The rest of the nuances are somewhat detailed in the link.
Last edited by Belloc on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belloc

Postby Falkman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:51 pm

10 man four horsemen works as following:

When the fight is initiated, all four horsemen run to the four corners of the room (one horseman in each corner).
After this, Baron Rivendare and Thane Kor'thazz needs to be picked up by proper tanks.

Lady Blaumeux and Sir Zeliek works differently, they always aggro on the person closest to them.
If in melee range of Blaumeux or Zeliek, they will melee you, but if you are the closest aggro target, but out of melee, they will only blast you with spells. This means you can put casters to "tank" these two horsemen.

Baron Rivendare and Thane Kor'thazz will obviously follow their tank around when he moves, so to get around the problem of the marks the two tanks on these horsemen will need to switch horsemen whenever the marks stack too high. They are both tauntable to help with this.
Falkman

Postby djlar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Do you know if DBM is updated for wotlk yet?

this add-on or similar will surely help, like "switch tanks now", or something like that..
djlar

Postby Falkman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:06 pm

djlar wrote:Do you know if DBM is updated for wotlk yet?

this add-on or similar will surely help, like "switch tanks now", or something like that..

Just make a /rw macro for it and hit it when you have 3 stacks of the mark :P
Falkman

Postby Arcand » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:08 pm

So if a silly healer runs past one of the casters, they will get melee-blitzed. Excellent!
Arcand

Postby Notorius101 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Arcand wrote:So if a silly healer runs past one of the casters, they will get melee-blitzed. Excellent!

They shouldnt be going near the mobs they should always be at range on them, if they get melee'd they are just being retarded
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Notorius101

Return to WotLK