Remove Advertisements

Instance leveling to 80

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Markoh wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:3hrs/level via questing might be a best case estimate which doesn't allow for a thousand other people trying to level in the zone, PvP asshattery, etc.

Quote because I can't stress this enough, on high pop servers questing will be a nightmare. It doesn't matter how fast stuff respawns you will still have to wait, especially if you try following the leveling guide. There a lots of kill this named mob quests which will be massive back ups along with having to fight for taps.

Personally I'm gonna try and make a prot dps spec and try it out so I can quest unless I'm in a group. I'm gonna try and stay in instances as long as possible. Worse case I'll just have my hearth in northrend and use my blessed medallion to port to bt and use shat portals for quick respecs.
Again, I must stress that there are two big starting zones (with several quest hubs) that the players will be split between. If you're still having issues, move onto the next zone. Dragonblight and Grizzley Hills will be mostly empty at the start.

This isn't the Burning Crusade launch... Blizzard really did design the starting zones knowing how overcrowded Hellfire Peninsula was.
Belloc

Postby Dork » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm not sure how you can say that video is irrelevant. If you read the post, Xav and his group have planned out instances all the way to 80 and tested it. Sure i'm not saying this is for everybody, but for people like myself, who have the gear, have the groups, I don't see why it won't work.

I'm not saying we should recommend instance leveling, just saying we shouldn't rule it out, because as you can see from the thread, it has been done and with great results.
Dork

Postby Nissepr » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:14 am

Hi there. I've some questions that would be awesome if they can answered.

Can you do the normal instances/grp quests with kara retri gear + 1h and shield? (if ur running as tank). And do you need to be prot spec to even have a chance? Or can you do it with retri spec also?

Do you get to Borean or Howling from the orgrimmar zep?

How much gold will you get for normal quests? I mean, will you have more gold now then on 70? will the ah prices highers?

Hope you understand my bad English. :twisted:

Thanks! :P
Hi there, I'd like to report a bug. I specced "Improved Blizzard" but the company still sucks.
Nissepr

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:19 am

Code: Select all
Gear  Spec   Can you tank 5 mans?
Ret   Ret    No
Ret   Prot   Yes
Prot  Ret    Yes
Prot  Prot   That's overkill but yes
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Ryuusuke » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:28 am

This is so true.
Though as Prot Prot you could initially run into 74s instances or such and whilst being a little carefull you'll see pretty good XP shapes i think
Ryuusuke

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:37 am

Ryuusuke wrote:This is so true.
Though as Prot Prot you could initially run into 74s instances or such and whilst being a little carefull you'll see pretty good XP shapes i think

I did Azjol-Nerub (72 or 73 instance) at level 70 with a few 70-71s, maybe a 72... the XP wasn't much better than Utgarde Keep (level 70).
Belloc

Postby Amarant_Pally » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:09 am

Just curious...is there a list (anywhere) of instance related quests (single or chain)? I do plan to spend a lot of time in instances (not strictly, but all the same) and would like to make sure I get appropriate quests beforehand.
Amarant_Pally

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:52 am

Belloc wrote:This isn't the Burning Crusade launch... Blizzard really did design the starting zones knowing how overcrowded Hellfire Peninsula was.

I'm sure it'll be fine for many servers. High pop pvp servers are likely to still suck copious amounts of ass.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Apollya » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:33 am

I've run level 74-75 instances at 71 without any issue, all I did was equip my Empyrean Saphire tortoise Trinket for added defence to ensure I had 5.60% crit reduction. As long as your group has enough DPS and a decent enough healer its cake.

We ran with:

Prot Pala,
Retri Pala,
Retri Pala,
Fire/Arcane Mage,
Resto Shaman

Out healer was severely under-geared and when both the healer and the Mage got insta-gibbed the 3 Palas easily survived and carried on often 3 mannin Bosses.

Other than that everything remained the same as My regular BT/MH Farm gear. I've only got 3xT6 too (helm, gloves and shoulder), using 2.3 badge chest and 2.4 badge legs. otherwise its all MH/BT gear.

But as all others have said you only get around 3bars experience (Rested) per instance so definately not worth it.

Note we cleared BT jsut to keep raiding while levelling and keep us together as a group. We got 3bars rested XP at level 72... Goes to show something.
Apollya

Previous

Return to WotLK