are you up?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

are you up?

Postby Claydon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:46 am

I'm at work in the UK awaiting the midnight release over here.

are the US servers up and stable?

it seems to give a good indication that the EU servers will be decent if they have fixed the problems with the US servers.
Claydon

Postby Mortehl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:49 am

Ask later. Northrend isn't live for another 16 hours and 12 minutes or thereabout.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Claydon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:50 am

ooops /blushes
Claydon

Postby Cowadin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:14 am

for wat it's worth -- all US servers were down today after coming back up shortly after maintenance... there was some bug that basically deleted everything in our mailboxes from the past 15 days or something like that... and it took just over 10 hours to bring them back up.

when they brought them back up all the arena gear was messed up -- priests and warlocks could get entire s2 sets for free... hunter s4 weapons were free, all the 2h weaps didn't req. personal rating at all.. needless to say lots of ppl were in the hall of legends (and the alliance equivalent, i assume).

so they took servers down again a lil over an hour ago.. supposed to be down for 3 hours said the blue, but not sure yet obviously.

so hopefully this doesn't mean we're screwed for 2morrow, as general maintenance has f'd things up quite a bit in the last 24 hours -- let's just hope all the problems will be gone now... but i guess we'll know in ~16 hours right?

-Cow

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:11 am

EU perfectly fine atm :)

WotLK already installed, code already prepared, 24.01 i'm exping.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Diocaska » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:00 am

I need to pick up a copy damnit. Friend couldnt get me the game early :(

Damn last minute work meetings.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby axxon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:06 am

Are the Account upgrade site working Worldie? For me it appears that the button to push is greyed out hence i cant get in to register my key
axxon

Postby mavfin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:02 pm

Well, at 3 PM Central, US servers are up and working fine.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Worldie wrote:24.01 i'm exping.

SIDE NOTE

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE EXP AS A VERB

GRAGRAGRAGRAGARGRAGRAGR okay I'm better now
Lore
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:12 pm

It makes sense to an extent.

Exp = experience ---> experiencing = Exping
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Lore wrote:
Worldie wrote:24.01 i'm exping.

SIDE NOTE

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE EXP AS A VERB

GRAGRAGRAGRAGARGRAGRAGR okay I'm better now

Get back to your PMS you.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Given the history of blizz & wow, the first few days on WotLK is going to be heartache.
Installs, reinstalls, world server crashes, stuck on realm loading screens, massive lag and instance crashes.

I dont hold out much hope...
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby towelliee » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:31 pm

WOTLK LIVE IN EUROPE

IT BEGINS!
towelliee

Postby Novariety » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:39 pm

sigh

Westeran Australia = WA = Wait Awhile. Due to our retail laws we don't have a legit midnight opening, so I have just over 25 hrs before I can pick up my copy.

oh and this is the last year of our daylight saving tester before it again goes to a referendum. Watch the populace of the backwater state, WA vote NO to DLS and put us again 3 hours behind the eastern states.

But hey at least the cows will again know what time they are needed to be milked :roll: .
Novariety

Postby mavfin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:48 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Given the history of blizz & wow, the first few days on WotLK is going to be heartache.
Installs, reinstalls, world server crashes, stuck on realm loading screens, massive lag and instance crashes.

I dont hold out much hope...
]

Never had to reinstall. Ever. Server stuff, yes, reinstall, no. Still running on my original install of WoW 1.0, upgraded to BC, and soon WotLK.
--Mav
mavfin

Return to WotLK