Special Edition

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Erutaron » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Had a friend of mine called a couple local store inquiring about the CE.

From what he was told, Blizzard made the collector's edition a GameStop/EB exclusive.

There are apparently only 18 copies of the CE in the city I live in.... and I got one :-D
Erutaron

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Erutaron wrote:Had a friend of mine called a couple local store inquiring about the CE.

From what he was told, Blizzard made the collector's edition a GameStop/EB exclusive.

There are apparently only 18 copies of the CE in the city I live in.... and I got one :-D

Oh sweet. So now I just have to wait for my CC to clear, and I'll get mine by Friday-ish.

Just too bad the post doesn't come by on Saturdays like it does down in Texas... Then I'd have it for the weekend. lol
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Erutaron wrote:Had a friend of mine called a couple local store inquiring about the CE.

Sounds like an asshole employee is lying to get people to shop at his store.
Belloc

Postby djlar » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:49 pm

I pre-orden mine at BB, with the in-store pickup option, will they have it at the pickup booth Thursday?

A good thing is that they won't charge you a penny until your order is confirmed ant in-stock ready to be picked up..
djlar

Postby Morolann » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Belloc wrote:

Possibly, I know with BC in Australia you were only given 1 Collectors Edition per 25 normal copies you ordered (well from our dealer anyway), and it's possible that EB/Gamestop used their powers to steal all of the Collectors Editions as they have done that previously out here.

Basically they tell the supplier, give us all of the Collectors Editions or else we wont buy from you again, EB are big enough that it could feasibly hit profits in a big way.
Last edited by Morolann on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morolann

Postby cryst » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:11 pm

djlar wrote:A good thing is that they won't charge you a penny until your order is confirmed ant in-stock ready to be picked up..

"Oh, sorry, we didn't receive a large enough shipment as we had anticipated...BUT good news, we didn't charge you for the game you don't have as you walk out of the store empty-handed! Have a good day!"

>.>
cryst
Maintankadonor

Postby Pelendralaar » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Lumenos wrote:I work at Best Buy and we're getting 60 copies of the CE in. I'll be snatching one up for myself and setting it aside as soon as they come in.

I work at best buy too and I would like you to know that you should not be setting 1 aside for yourself. But I can vouch that bestbuy will have limited supplies of the CE at everystore and will be provided out on a first come first serve basis.

If you do not work on thursday just get in line like the rest of us :P
Pelendralaar

Postby Zumor » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:05 am

many stores make it like this

"HEY we have CE's of WotLK"
1000000 preorders comming in
the first preorders get their CE
1-2days before WotLK launches email to 99% of the preorders:
"sorry, out of CE's, you dont get one, have a nice Day"
Zumor

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:39 am

Morolann wrote:
Belloc wrote:

Possibly, I know with BC in Australia you were only given 1 Collectors Edition per 25 normal copies you ordered (well from our dealer anyway), and it's possible that EB/Gamestop used their powers to steal all of the Collectors Editions as they have done that previously out here.

Basically they tell the supplier, give us all of the Collectors Editions or else we wont buy from you again, EB are big enough that it could feasibly hit profits in a big way.

With 11 million players, I think Blizzard has the upper hand here :)
Belloc

Postby Morolann » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Belloc wrote:With 11 million players, I think Blizzard has the upper hand here :)

You'd hope so, but I don't think it's Vivendi (I believe they're the publisher?) who does the wholesaling to suppliers out here in Australia, I think it's a sub-contractor who might be scared of losing the business?

That's the only reason I can see that they capitulated to the EB Exclusivity on certain Ultima Online* expansions.

*Note UO is EA not VU but they've of a similar size and I know EA has a branch out here as we used to purchase from them direct.
Morolann

Postby BubbaBill » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 pm

Ok I'll bite and sound kinda newbie here....What's so special about the collectors Edition vs Regular Edition?
BubbaBill

Postby Doktah » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:11 pm

bubba, u need to be burned at the stake....

No seriously, only difference really is an ingame pet, kick ass art book and something else I cant remember off the top of my head.
Doktah

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Amazon has shipped the regular editions (got my email from them)... CE should be shipping as well.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby knaughty » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Guildy friend of mine owns a toy store, order 50 copies of regular / 50 of CE.

Got 50 reg. 2 CE.

Needless to say guild was pissed with Blizzard (the CEs were mostly for our guild).
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:46 pm

When BC launched, Fry's electronics had piles of the CEs around. But I'm not paying extra for a pet. (Now, if they had a mount..... )
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK