Remove Advertisements

another wotlk rumor i heard

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby mavfin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:21 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Agreed. I'm pretty sure I only have, oh, about four or five blue quality recipes from BC? I have almost all the epic patterns. Go figure. This new system will take a while to get you the patterns, but at least it's not a RNG.

Yeah, steady acquisition through dailies vs OMGZ I just found one. Do I use it or sell it?
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Dianora » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:55 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Agreed. I'm pretty sure I only have, oh, about four or five blue quality recipes from BC? I have almost all the epic patterns. Go figure. This new system will take a while to get you the patterns, but at least it's not a RNG.

Or a drain on your bank account. I spend just as much on JC designs as my epic mount leveling in TBC.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Apollya » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:58 am

Well I already have Mining 450, but JCing only 401 at the moment. Sure I could increase this by blowing all the gem stocks I already have (around 5 of each) but I'm going to hold onto them and make gems that not only are useful to others but that should net me a nice profit too.

Am gonna start making tintansteel as of now too. due to the cooldown and so much will be needed for Tank gear. That and am getting Titanium and tons of the Eternal shadow and earth.

Basically I am aiming to be the first Horde player on the server to have all JC recipes as I was in TBC.

I'm honestly not very impressed with the new system, it seems it's going to take me forever to get all the gems. as i can only receive 1 token a day. Also it seems for others like me that are actually trying to grind this we are hampered and kept at the same level as others >.<

The only decent part is you get to choose which recipe you get first.

Prospecting guarantees at least one common (green gem). Often 2 common gems.

As in TBC I seem to be averaging 1 rare gem per stack of ore, not thoroughly tested, but I have prospected 200 Saronite yesterday.

Best Area to get Saronite for me seems to be Scholozar basin. At level 72 I can ride around and mine endlessly without hardly being attacked.

Recipes as said are primarily from the JC vendor (Tiffany Cartier) in Dalaran. Again there are also JC only recipes: The Recipes cost 2 tokens and the gem costs 1 token. You can equip 3 of these JC only gems in your gear and they can be put into any socket. (41Sta gem for example).

In order to get the recipes you need to complete Daily quests for Timothy Jones, again based at the JC shop in Dalaran. for every quest you complete you receive 1 Dalaran jewelcrafting Token which you can trade in for recipes, most rare recipes cost 3 tokens for the rare gems. It seems you can take the first JC quest instantly and then the rest are on a rotated daily. least I was only able to do one other quest after completing the first initial one.

On top of that the PvP gems come primarily from what I could see from Wintergrasp. again you need to collect tokens / badges and turn them in for the recipes.

Also there are drops of recipes from various instances, that have a %chance to drop and can only be seen by JCers (BoP) much like the Enchanting recipes in TBC.
Apollya

Previous

Return to WotLK