Remove Advertisements

Couple of tips for starting wrath

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby semp » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:23 am

I was under the impression that quests done at 70 even not turned in will not yield Xp the day wotlk hits. Is this not the case?
semp

Postby Deflect » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:41 am

Does this really give you a nice exp boost... I mean, how many bars is this into 70?
Deflect

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:45 am

Daily quests do give exp.

turning in 25 quests from TBC will yeild about 4 bars worth.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Taragor » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:51 am

Thank you Elsia for that great informative post. All this "ready set go" never made a whole lot of sense until I realized that those of u on PvP servers would need to get ahead fo the crowds. That really makes so much more sense now. Funny i started my MMORPG life on a PvP game called Helbreath (any old schoolers out there?). I hated getting ganked cause i was never "ahead" , I was always playing catch up. Perhaps that is why subconsciously I went to a non-pvp type of gaming experience (save for the Halo death matches with my soon to be 11 yr old son, who has gotten significantly better since he was 5 damnit).

Anyways, I do want to take it a bit easy, and really delve into the lore. The last few days have been exciting and I have been tanking heroics, finishing up quests (I actually soloed The Ata'mal Terrace quest, pulled all the locks and the spwns out of LOS and concecrated my arse off) then put the hurt on Shadowlord).

Just want to say thanks again, and thanks to the MT community (I even ordered a shirt). I have been learning so much more and playing WoW as a protec pally is so much more fun now that I know what i am doing, and what to expect out of my character and gear =)
Taragor

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:15 am

semp wrote:I was under the impression that quests done at 70 even not turned in will not yield Xp the day wotlk hits. Is this not the case?

Did you read the thread? I've personally answered the question twice in this thread alone.
Belloc

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:17 am

Quick question for you guys:

I'd really like to start in HF then move to Dragonblight, am I going to miss out on a bunch of "lead-in quests" by not going BT to DB?

Alliance:

Are there any specific zones I should look into that focus on Paladin lore, Uther, the Ashbringer, etc?

I'm pretty obviously interested in Paladin lore and Dragon lore so any suggestions in that vein would be great.

Thanks guys.
Dragonzbane

Postby honorshammer » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:19 am

Dragonzbane wrote:Alliance:

Are there any specific zones I should look into that focus on Paladin lore, Uther, the Ashbringer, etc?

Major Paladin lore quest early on in Howling Fjord.
honorshammer

Postby Morolann » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Andox wrote:No, they are much like Dun Morogh and Elwynn Forest.

Smelly and full of Humans?
Morolann

Postby Samuelus » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Belloc wrote:I already explained it earlier in the post, but I'll do it again.

Daily quests will, no matter what, reward XP as long as you are not max level.

The system doesn't care if it's the first (yellow) daily quest or a repeat (blue) daily quest. They all give XP. All quests with a gold reward grant XP.

Yes, I did test this on the beta. I went to the Isle of QD, completed some daily quests, and received XP. These were repeated (blue !) daily quests.

even if you TAKE the quests prior to them showing an exp reward and complete them?

IE you do your lil quest thing pre wotlk and turn in AFTER loading ?

cause what Ive been hearing is if you accept the quest and it has a monetary reward and no exp one listed at the time of taking it .. you will ONLY get the gold..

what worked in beta doesnt mean it will work live..
Samuelus

Postby Holyday » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:48 pm

Samuelus wrote:
even if you TAKE the quests prior to them showing an exp reward and complete them?

IE you do your lil quest thing pre wotlk and turn in AFTER loading ?

cause what Ive been hearing is if you accept the quest and it has a monetary reward and no exp one listed at the time of taking it .. you will ONLY get the gold..

what worked in beta doesnt mean it will work live..

God who cares, just do all the quests and don't turn them in till xpac. If you get xp sweet, if you don't, you missed out on one days worth of daily's gold, and these are dailies you probably wouldn't be doing that day anyhow since you are going to be messing with the new content.
Holyday

Previous

Return to WotLK