Remove Advertisements

Quest Mod for WOTLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kelaan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:50 am

RTFQL? Works well usually... other times, not so much. :)
Kelaan

Postby gibborim » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:45 pm

Non wrote:I will use RTQL. It's an awsome tool! RTQL aka Read The Quest Log

Nice post.
gibborim

Postby AusDante » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:56 pm

I actually use Quest Helper and Carbonite, I found that sometimes the one will not have something for a quest but the other one will.

Just my experience anyway :)
AusDante

Postby Averroes » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:59 pm

I done all the quests with out mod or wowhead, thobott, allakazam, or where ever you can find source. Just read it carefully and presto.
Averroes

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:40 pm

Non wrote:I will use RTQL. It's an awsome tool! RTQL aka Read The Quest Log

The answer to 99.9999% of people's problems on Beta.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby elfjorc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:43 pm

Whar is Mankrik's Wife?
elfjorc

Postby Amarant_Pally » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:50 pm

elfjorc wrote:Whar is Mankrik's Wife?

*Mankirk.

You have to misspell his name too, or it's not funny.
Amarant_Pally

Postby mavfin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:39 pm

I have one installed, but I only use it when I get stumped. Just my way, doesn't have to be yours. Of course, I'm also not under any compulsion to speed-level to 80. YMMV.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Andox » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Hm. Just DLed Carbonite, it's pretty, but I can't pick which quests I want to track. I can only show six quests in the Quest Watch. What I would like is a scrolling menu there, so I could pick which quests I wanted to track. Is there any option like that?

Or do you think Lightheaded is better?
Andox

Postby daemonym » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:47 pm

i just use quest helper (i think thats the one) basically the only feature i need is when i mouse over a mob it tell me what quest, if any, they're related to, quest name, and drop i need. directions are usually easy enough to figure out after 3.7 seconds of skimming the text.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Andox wrote:Hm. Just DLed Carbonite, it's pretty, but I can't pick which quests I want to track. I can only show six quests in the Quest Watch. What I would like is a scrolling menu there, so I could pick which quests I wanted to track. Is there any option like that?

To get the full features of Carbonite, you have to pay... like $11 for the year.

The thing I really love about Carbonite is the way it tracks where mobs spawn. Makes it a lot easier to find those 30 turduckens to kill. Also, being able to click on a quest in the log to get directions to the quest or turning location. Really helps for efficiency so you are not running back and forth all the time.

You can use it in combination with Lightheaded and double-wide.

Esp if you have limited time, Carbonite can save a lot of it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Arcand » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:02 pm

Carbonite uses a heads-up display to lead you to quests, which I found distracting even when I made it 95% transparent.

It does have a nice interface and a lot of additional features like map notes, locating known gankers and such.

If all you care about is finding where Defias Smugglers spawn, and being reminded that you need one piece of coal and this vendor sells it, I didn't see any way that Carbonite did that better than QH does.
Arcand

Postby Archimeades » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Arcand wrote:Carbonite uses a heads-up display to lead you to quests, which I found distracting even when I made it 95% transparent.

It does have a nice interface and a lot of additional features like map notes, locating known gankers and such.

If all you care about is finding where Defias Smugglers spawn, and being reminded that you need one piece of coal and this vendor sells it, I didn't see any way that Carbonite did that better than QH does.

I rarely found the little HUD useful; it was the reason I went from Carbonite to Questhelper.
Archimeades

Postby Arcand » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Also, it seemed like Carbonite had to be told what quests to track. When you enter a new zone, or even as you move around within a zone, QH updates its tracking list to show you the five nearest quests.
Arcand

Postby Andox » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:30 pm

halabar wrote:
Andox wrote:Hm. Just DLed Carbonite, it's pretty, but I can't pick which quests I want to track. I can only show six quests in the Quest Watch. What I would like is a scrolling menu there, so I could pick which quests I wanted to track. Is there any option like that?

To get the full features of Carbonite, you have to pay... like $11 for the year.

The thing I really love about Carbonite is the way it tracks where mobs spawn. Makes it a lot easier to find those 30 turduckens to kill. Also, being able to click on a quest in the log to get directions to the quest or turning location. Really helps for efficiency so you are not running back and forth all the time.

You can use it in combination with Lightheaded and double-wide.

Esp if you have limited time, Carbonite can save a lot of it.

Can I activate the tracking from the questlog or just from the quest watch? Since the Watch only show 6 quests its hard to track the qs you want.
Andox

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK