Never thought I'd be happy

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Never thought I'd be happy

Postby halfviking » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:29 pm

...at work. But with servers still down, omg, i'd've gone crazy.
halfviking

Re: Never thought I'd be happy

Postby Dianora » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:48 pm

halfviking wrote:...at work. But with servers still down, omg, i'd've gone crazy.

Since I still have all of my JC tools in the mail box along with pretty much all raid consumable not soul bound, I can wait. They really need to get the mailbox fixed.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Kaedan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Dang, servers are still down? Maybe I'll find something to occupy me at work.
Kaedan

Postby halfviking » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:55 pm

halfviking

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:57 pm

So are the servers going to be down until LK comes out tomorrow?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:02 pm

Servers are down because of a bug that prevented people from getting their mail. Most of the servers actually came back up for about 10 minutes at the end of maintenance before they noticed the bug and took everything back down. Five hours in, Blizz is yet to issue an ETA for when they will be back, just a series of "wait for further updates" messages.

Since it's midnight here now, I've missed out on a whole day, and I'll have to hope they're back up in the morning so I can finally finish levelling my mage.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:44 pm

That's strange. As soon as the servers came up, I sent myself a bunch of gold from my gbAlt and had no problems.

It seems odd that they'd completely take down the servers just because mail was broken; I'm guessing there's something seriously wrong with some databases somewhere.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Samuelus » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:42 pm

Im speculating all the asshats who got wotlk and loaded early..
Samuelus

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:03 pm

Samuelus wrote:Im speculating all the asshats who got wotlk and loaded early..

I wouldn't think so. First you shouldn't be able to update your account yet and secondly you shouldn't be able to get the patch that'll you need and even if you did, it should generate a version mismatch error when you attempt to log in.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby tuberon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:39 pm

Fridmarr wrote:I wouldn't think so. First you shouldn't be able to update your account yet and secondly you shouldn't be able to get the patch that'll you need and even if you did, it should generate a version mismatch error when you attempt to log in.

But if blizz messed up any one of those...

This is blizzard we're talking about, they aren't exactly known for getting everything right the first time.
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:16 pm

Maybe if you try hard enough that betamax tape will work in that VHS player too.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kaedan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Wow, they keep saying, they will bring them online at 5...then 6....then 7....then 7:45. It's now 8:15 and still nothing. Let the mail go! I want to play!
Kaedan

Postby Siryn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:33 pm

guildies and i had our '12 step game withdrawl' meeting .. i mean talked about why it would be down for so long .. consensus being they are doing some 'background' server upgrades and the mail being borked is a convenient excuse ..

those with tinfoil hats insist they broke the mail system on purpose.
Siryn

Postby Dianora » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Kaedan wrote:Wow, they keep saying, they will bring them online at 5...then 6....then 7....then 7:45. It's now 8:15 and still nothing. Let the mail go! I want to play!

Thanks to this slight delay in the last TBC raid (which I don't think will happen now), I get to watch all 4 episodes of Macademi Wasshoi that's fan subbed. Excellent show. The mcguffin from episode 4 will make Alfred Hitchcock proud.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Belarkan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 am

Tuberon wrote:But if blizz messed up any one of those...

This is blizzard we're talking about, they aren't exactly known for getting everything right the first time.

Given the game complexity and how things usually turn out in informatics, I'll tend to think that they do pretty well so far.
If they targeted on an critical applications uptime, you wouldn't be happy with your monthly subscription fees, tests tend to consume a lot of ressources.
Belarkan

Return to General