Today's dailies in tomorrow's world

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 am

Daily quests will, no matter what, reward XP as long as you are not max level.

The system doesn't care if it's the first (yellow) daily quest or a repeat (blue) daily quest. They all give XP. All quests with a gold reward grant XP.

Yes, I did test this on the beta. I went to the Isle of QD, completed some daily quests, and received XP. These were repeated (blue !) daily quests.
Belloc

Postby juggi » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:10 am

Doing the BG dailies on my alt I always received XP and a lower gold reward. I'd assume all dailies work the same when you aren't max level. But as one poster said, even if they just give gold you aren't out anything.
juggi

Postby Talima » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:18 am

I think people were getting repeatable quests (for rep and such) confused with dailies.

Repeatable give XP the first time, and none afterward. Dailies give XP every time if not level capped. If there's any exceptions to this I haven't seen them.
Talima 85 BE Prot/Ret Dalaran
Talima

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:18 am

A lot of people seem to be thinking of ordinary repeatable quests and assuming that dailies work the same way. The repeatable quests generally have a seperate quest, with a different name, that gives a reward, followed by the repeatable version of the same quest that gives no reward (except, often, rep), which can be completed as many times as you like with no limits. Daily quests, however, do not have the introductory quest, always give a reward, and are counted as a new quest every time you do them. They're a completely different system.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby etherbadger » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:22 am

I dont see what the big deal is, are you guys planning to play nonstop until you hit 80?
etherbadger

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:26 am

etherbadger wrote:I dont see what the big deal is, are you guys planning to play nonstop until you hit 80?

A lot of people want to get to max level and starting raiding ASAP so that they can be in position to get world/server/faction firsts. They're going to be very bored of Naxx by the time Ulduar is released :)
Belloc

Postby Elsie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Worldie wrote:
Dantriges wrote:How much?

Is it worth actually doing it or just some stuff, to gain little edge?

It's not going to be more than 100-200k for a full 25/25 q log of dailies.

But it's still 200k less exp to do.

It's worth it in terms that turning in 25 daily quests in outlands takes about 10-15min (including isle dailies), where as doing 10 quests in wotlk will be 200,000 xp but probably take over that amount of time with the initial burst of people.

Not to mention you will open up dragonblight sooner if you wish to, which means quicker access to the awesome putress / lich king sequence where Saurfang Jr finally evades Mrs Saurfang for good.
Elsie

Postby Doogiehowser » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:50 pm

It sounds as though the lore of Northrend is to die for. I'm going to take my time through these levels.

As trivial as it sounds, I'm going to enjoy the extra couple quests I get without doing those dailies. I even have two level 68s that will be getting even more Northrend quests since they aren't level capped. I missed BC and Vanilla, so I might as well get as much as I can from WotLK. Enjoy the journey!
Doogiehowser

Postby theshard » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:22 pm

I read somewhere that if a quest is tagged as complete when you install LK, it will not get nearly the same reward as if it was not complete or a new quest.
theshard

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:32 pm

only rumors
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:53 pm

theshard wrote:I read somewhere that if a quest is tagged as complete when you install LK, it will not get nearly the same reward as if it was not complete or a new quest.
Completely false.
Belloc

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:56 pm

You're going to notice, though, that the XP from the quests right off either boat is better than what you're gaining from Daily quests.

My point is: Don't rely on them to be a second source of income. You'll be quite happy with the way XP and quests go in Northrend.

Believe me.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Håvard » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic of the original post, but does anyone know if it would it be very counter-productive to do both BT and HF?

I did them both in beta, but that was early on when you got a level plus change out of them (each, not total.)
Havard, 80 Blood Elf Paladin, US Moon Guard
Håvard, 60 Human Paladin, US Moon Guard
Håvard

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Håvard wrote:Sorry if this is slightly off-topic of the original post, but does anyone know if it would it be very counter-productive to do both BT and HF?

I did them both in beta, but that was early on when you got a level plus change out of them (each, not total.)

I was level 72-73 before I finished questing in Howling Fjord. Of course, XP was increased somewhat after that. Still, I never even touched quests in BT, Dragonblight, and Storm Peaks by the time I reached 79ish.

As long as you're taking the turtles and not flying between the zones, feel free to do quests in both zones. The only negative I can think of is that you'd get better XP by moving onto higher level zones... but that's only an issue if you want to power level through.
Belloc

Previous

Return to WotLK