Remove Advertisements

[Suggestion] Relic Itemization

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Consecrate » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:24 am

This is the reason why librams suck:

They are hard to get and they only effect one ability, if there isn't one for the abilities you use, or if they aren't easily obtainable the slot is wasted.

Also, they don't give you anything towards being uncrittable at the early end game, nor do they give tangible stats that non paladins can see (health, armour etc) where as gun/bows do.

Good things about librams:

Erm.

Err.

The Tome of the Lightbringer is quite good?

Dunno, I can think of lots of reasons why i'd rather have a gun.
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby mazater » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:25 pm

Warriors aint gonna steal your libram when it drops, nor is any other class for that matter.

That's a reason enough to have unique librams.
mazater

Postby Sabreyn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Amarant_Pally wrote:BT Libram...does...not...exist... :(

Is there another BT libram? Cause all our rets and holies got theirs and we started bringing in alts to get it (before 3.0) :wink:

On the other hand, we never got the rogue boot drop off Mother. Not once.
Sabreyn

Postby Squishums » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:59 pm

I prefer relics as they are.....insanely buffing a very specific ability of a specific class.

Having them as drops is a bit of a problem because there will be alot of different items needed...and relitevely few people who want each. They should make them mostly be quest items, or badge rewards...which is looks like they are doing because the BT libram's wotlk equivalent is now from badges.

I was really lucky, I got my libram on our guild's and entire server's first kill of mother.....but it seems like it doesnt drop too much. I dont think it ever droped again for my guild, and only a handful of people ever got it on the whole server.

I think a few relic rewards for raid-boss quests would be cool. Them being drops is not practical, but its kind of boring if they are all "welfare" as in soloable quest and badge rewards.
Squishums

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 pm

I love how my libram slot is completely and utterly useless because the only good libram still in the game is the one from mother and it doesn't drop...

That being said I like the idea of the relics, it's unique and it's better than the days of having nothing.

It's true however that the common folks that play this game usually have no clue and go like "Warri0r haz more hpz, he tankz, kk?" even if the libram is better in the long run...WTB educated people.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Previous

Return to WotLK