Shields at lvl 80

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Widdox » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Royal Crest cause I'm alliance and finally something for my paladin that isnt pink!
Widdox

Postby Dianora » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Lythac wrote:[Titansteel Shieldwall] uses [Titansteel Bar] created by miners on a 20 hour CD. As those bars won't be cheap (used for 12 other epics) It might be fairly easy to get pre raid, but will cost a lot or rather that money could be better spent elsewhere (gems etc.). If you're a miner, go for [Titansteel Shieldwall], if not spend your time split between heroics going for [Royal Crest of Lordaeron] and [Red Sword of Courage].

Guess I'm not dropping Engineering afterall...
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Ossuary » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:23 am

Really, what it comes down to is how fast you reach 80 and whether or not you are taking time to grind gear/proff.

I know at least in my situation the only stuff I'm going to bother with are the saronite armor Pieces.
Ossuary

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:29 am

Ossuary wrote:Really, what it comes down to is how fast you reach 80 and whether or not you are taking time to grind gear/proff.

I know at least in my situation the only stuff I'm going to bother with are the saronite armor Pieces.
I'll be getting whatever blue pieces are upgrades prior to starting heroics. Once you hit 80, there is a ton of heroic blues (which are better than level 80 blues, different from the level 70 heroic loot system) and epics that are well itemized. Last I checked, it's not as difficult to get uncrittable as it was when Naxx was released on the beta. Reputation loot and heroic loot has been added that really picks up the slack in the defense department, not to mention the badge gear.
Belloc

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:43 am

Fridmarr wrote:If they follow the same form from beta, they are a pain in the ass to get, to say the least. However, beta is skewed a bit because one of the other zones that they spawn in was closed for most of it.

Well, since I have plenty of cash in the bank, I'll be saving enough ore/bars from my mining to have it all made at 80 (or whatever the req level is). Find a BS who is leveling, hand him a pile of bars, the other mats and a few hundred gold, and have a gear set done. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be saving those bars. 8)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:43 am

Fridmarr wrote:If they follow the same form from beta, they are a pain in the ass to get, to say the least. However, beta is skewed a bit because one of the other zones that they spawn in was closed for most of it.

Well, since I have plenty of cash in the bank, I'll be saving enough ore/bars from my mining to have it all made at 80 (or whatever the req level is). Find a BS who is leveling, hand him a pile of bars, the other mats and a few hundred gold, and have a gear set done. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be saving those bars. 8)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Lewyn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:58 am

kind of disappointed I went BSing only to find most of the stuff they make are BoE. So far I haven't seen any items with the "weaponsmith/armorsmith required (feel free to correct me on that.) yet. But I feel obligated to stay BS since I spent so much money on it. =(
Lewyn

Postby Janduin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:05 am

Yeah, but you get 2 extra sockets. That, plus convenience of making my own gear and belt buckles is worth it.
Janduin

Previous

Return to WotLK