Remove Advertisements

How much gold have you saved for WOTLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Wakeman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:45 am

10k in total.

Interestingly, all the AH trading is still very active. Some items even sell better than a few months ago iirc. I guess I need to thank the recent raid contents nerf that everyone have picked up some new items that need enchanted and gemmed.
Last edited by Wakeman on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Torakka » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:20 am

About 11k total, but I'm fairly sure I manage to spend most of that leveling inscription & enchanting combo and getting crafted items at lvl 80.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby Calanas » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:36 am

I got about 17k saved up. Plan to power level smithing.

Got it from dailies, zaxxis grinding, and doing thorium farming in Burning steppes. For some reason thorium was going for 40g a stack for a while on my server. I was cleaning up on that stuff.
Calanas
Level 80: Gilneas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:54 am

Every penny I have left will vanish tonight when my mage dings 70 and goes for his slow flier. I'll go into WotLK with one day's worth of daily quest gold on both chars.
I'm not good at saving (and buying 30 mounts didn't help).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Wakeman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:13 am

btw, Inscription looks like another new money sink that probably won't be very profitable.....
Wakeman

Postby Kracus » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:30 am

I haven't been seriously raiding, I'm up to 32k right now between my 4 toons. That is after getting the albino drake on my main.

Wakeman wrote:10k in total.

Interestingly, all the AH trading is still very active. Some items even sell better than a few months ago iirc. I guess I need to thank the recent raid contents nerf that everyone have picked up some new items that need enchanted and gemmed.

Yea it surprised me too, had to stop selling my ore cause I wanted to save for leveling JCing. But even little things like netherweave cloth have sold. But I guess with all the new profession goodies, people have been trying to burn them out before the xpac hits.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Dianora » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:52 am

Kyrael wrote:I had about 4k.

Now I have a white albino drake and about 400g...

Hopefully LPS / Voids will sell for more after a while, so I can offload my stockpile. No point flooding an already lousy market with 200+ voids.

Odd that LPS & Void Crystal market on Korgath Alliance have completely collapse. LPS now cost for about 1.6g and Void 6g. Greater Planar price is still holding up and selling for 15g.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Whait » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:59 am

i have 3k atm and just got epic flying, hopefully it will last until lvl 80 dailys
Whait

Postby Wakeman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:10 am

Dianora wrote:Odd that LPS & Void Crystal market on Korgath Alliance have completely collapse. LPS now cost for about 1.6g and Void 6g. Greater Planar price is still holding up and selling for 15g.

Maybe due to the fact that getting epics is so easy lately after the raid contents nerf and with the scourge invasion. Everyone are disenchanting their old gear or epic raid/scourge invasion drops.
Wakeman

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:36 am

Wakeman wrote:
Dianora wrote:Odd that LPS & Void Crystal market on Korgath Alliance have completely collapse. LPS now cost for about 1.6g and Void 6g. Greater Planar price is still holding up and selling for 15g.

Maybe due to the fact that getting epics is so easy lately after the raid contents nerf and with the scourge invasion. Everyone are disenchanting their old gear or epic raid/scourge invasion drops.

Some that, and it's all the guild leaders that were hording shards and voids like they were gold in the gbanks, and now are finally selling them off..

My guild leader is still so tight that we have 60 voids in the bank that will never get used... meanwhile guild members are running around with gear that should be enchanted...

IF I was running one of these guilds, I'd have an enchanting party, and go through the gear on everyones' toons, and get everything enchanted.

But expect prices to go up in Wrath for a while on these once the surplus is burnt through... already happened with Primal Air and Clefthoof.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby honorshammer » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:41 am

Drathian wrote:I use the term "split" fairly loosely. I now have 10k, but my relationship has never been better!

I'd say that's money well spent.

As for me, about 3k.
honorshammer

Postby Lewyn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:55 am

only about 3.5K. I couldn't bring myself to do dailies after I hit exalted with the SSO. Most of my money's coming from strat farming for the rest of my AD rep and doing quests I forgot about.
Lewyn

Postby semp » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 am

Sitting around 17K. Cleaned out most of my 2 banks (rare gems, primals, etc.) Still nede to buy my paladin his epic flyer, but i'll just wait till level 77 for that.
semp

Postby AutomaticZen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:39 am

28K or thereabouts.

Probably burn a nice chunk of that on leveling BS and JC.
AutomaticZen

Postby Squishums » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:21 am

Damn, WotLK profs will start at 350?>.<

I assumed it would be like TBC where you needed to be maxed to 300 to get to the easy xpansion stuff.

I might just level it up anyway....I think I have almost all the eternium I need, I just need to farm the fel iron....any headstart will probably be nice when everyone and their mother is camping the ore nodes.
Squishums

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK