First time how far can I get

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

First time how far can I get

Postby justintime » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:36 am

Hello,

So my first time in this place tonight I was wondering if my gear is currently good enough and what I should replace for tonight.

I have the moroes trinket and S2 spell dmg gavel I guess place this instead of the darkmoon trinket...

Any thoughts?

Armory:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Justinp

Ps: I know i'm currently crittable I'll replace the amulet for the one from maiden
justintime

Postby Ryuusuke » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:50 am

In all honesty?
Why do you even bother? Wrath will be shipping tomorrow(US)/thursday(EU)
So no one would even bother going Hyjal anymore. And when you're crittable your in no way suited to tank anything.
Pick a few ghouls and that's basically it.
(can't check the actual gear due to proxy blocking =))
Ryuusuke

Postby justintime » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:57 am

Ryuusuke wrote:In all honesty?
So no one would even bother going Hyjal anymore. And when you're crittable your in no way suited to tank anything.

Well because the group I'm going with still likes to raid even before wratch and they were short of a pala tank.

And ofc I won't be crittable tonight I'll make sure of that.
justintime

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:03 am

As long as you are not crittable you can tank all of hyjal, even archimonde.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby dmok » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:10 am

Some poeple like to raid to see the content before it becomes obsolete. How many raids did you see headed to BWL or MC in the past year? Not many I bet. For someone who may not have seen Hyjal, this is the perfect time to go. Just get in there, see the sights, and not get sick and tired of doing the same god damn thing for months.

Run forward, consecrate, run back, consecrate, consecrate, consecrate, taunt, consecrate ... *repeat*
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby justintime » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:33 am

dmok wrote:

Some poeple like to raid to see the content before it becomes obsolete. How many raids did you see headed to BWL or MC in the past year? Not many I bet. For someone who may not have seen Hyjal, this is the perfect time to go. Just get in there, see the sights, and not get sick and tired of doing the same god damn thing for months.

Run forward, consecrate, run back, consecrate, consecrate, consecrate, taunt, consecrate ... *repeat*

Most are undead right? So i should be able to use AW lot;s or not?
justintime

Postby dmok » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:56 am

justintime wrote:Most are undead right? So i should be able to use AW lot;s or not?

Currently, since Divine Wrath is now instant-cast, you can now use that in your threat rotation as well. It also helps the healers out, since it simultaneously stuns all the mobs for 2s allowing them to catch up if needed. Feel free to use it as required.

[edit] One other thing to add after looking at your gear. You are significantly better off than I was when I first stepped foot in Hyjal (SSO shield, kara boots, MgT mace, kara cloak, andomo's tear, not yet exalted with Violet Eye, etc) with the exception of shoulders. Just find some (any) shoulders with defense to help you get uncrittable. 50 defense is alot to make up with just a neck and trinket slot, though I do suppose it is possible.

Oh, and I recommend reenchanting your weapon with potency over mongoose. Search around for why.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Return to Mt. Hyjal