Remove Advertisements

Special Edition

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Special Edition

Postby Lisson » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:55 am

Hmm, for all those that preordered the special edition at your game stores... may want to double check on that. i got a call from my local store saying that the company, originally able to order as many special editions, was revoked all the copies they received per store but 1. i was told their company (game crazy) lost close to 900 pre orders for it, as well they heard another store (game stop) also got shafted some pre orders.

may want to double check and find out if u gotta get in like some hours early like me :( ... im goin a good 10 hours early to start a line.
Lisson

Postby Zumor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:49 am

you dont "order" a collectorsedition as a shopowner, you just get some
you cant sell more collectorseditions as there are given to the shop, its a fail on the shops side, not blizzards
ok, bigger shops = more CE's, but you cant say "hey blizz, 100please, kkthxbye
Zumor

Postby Doktah » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:22 am

All I know is I preordered my collectors edition it became available. I was billed or it last week so I best be getting it or someones gonna lose an eye.
Doktah

Postby guillex » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:24 am

Doktah wrote:All I know is I preordered my collectors edition it became available. I was billed or it last week so I best be getting it or someones gonna lose an eye.

Yeah, I'm waiting on mine to go through the verification process now so that I actually get it ...

I talked to them on the phone (/sigh at having to call back 4 times to actually get INTO THE DAMNED QUEUE!), and nobody said anything about my preorder being revoked.

I went through EBgames ... I know GameStop is the American side of the company, but it may have made a difference.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Aldonza » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:10 pm

I'm fairly certain that mine and the others that are being purchased at my household are good to go. Mind you, we were the first ones down for the pre-order, and the store we pre-ordered for only took pre-orders for the CE for about 48 hours.

As soon as Blizzard "announced" the CE, we were constantly calling and harassing to upgrade our normal pre-order to CE.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:10 pm

If they don't have my two collector's editions for myself and mew I will eat them and then eat a shark to eat the remains of them in my stomach.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby guillex » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Vanifae wrote:If they don't have my two collector's editions for myself and mew I will eat them and then eat a shark to eat the remains of them in my stomach.

Take pics and videos please.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Lumenos » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:14 pm

I work at Best Buy and we're getting 60 copies of the CE in. I'll be snatching one up for myself and setting it aside as soon as they come in.
Lumenos

Postby Altrussia » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Had to call my Gamestop manager to make sure both copies I had coming were still in ( I was scared). Our local store had pre-orders up for it for 5 hours before they were unable to take anymore, luckily (or perhaps unluckily because I spend too much money), the manager is my friend, so I got a phone call as soon as they went up!
Altrussia

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Walmart, 11:45 PM, 15 minutes until Burning Crusade is released: Sitting in a line, about 15 people in.

Walmart, 12:07, front of the line: I'm the 2nd person to buy the collector's edition, despite having 15 people in front of me.

Pre-orders are a waste of time and, often, money. I didn't pre-order BC and I didn't pre-order my Wii. I got both of them on launch day with very little time spent waiting in line. WotLK will be the exact same way. As long as you put a little thought into it, you'll almost always be able to get what you want without pre-ordering.

My advice is to hit Walmart at 11pm if you want to be safe. 11:30 if you want to be a bit more reckless. Bring a book or a magazine and just wait in line. You'll get your collector's edition.
Belloc

Postby Shirak » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:54 pm

I pre-ordered from Gamestop online and paid for the guarenteed deliver on the day of release or we get a refund for the cost of shipping.

It better be CE or I feel sorry for the guy I talk to on the phone...
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby EvilNuff » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:47 am

The problem with pre-orders is they are not a guarantee. What you do when you pre-order is you give them money and lock yourself into buying from their store. They don't guarantee you get it day of release, in fact I have seen NUMEROUS times gamecrap and the like is they just sell the copies they have on hand to whomever walks in the store, pre-order or not. Why on earth would they actually save your pre order copy for you? You can't get your money back after all.
EvilNuff

Postby towelliee » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:52 am

Actually you can def get your money back from any pre-order, even if its been 6 months since game released...GameStop that is.
towelliee

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:54 am

EvilNuff wrote:The problem with pre-orders is they are not a guarantee. What you do when you pre-order is you give them money and lock yourself into buying from their store. They don't guarantee you get it day of release, in fact I have seen NUMEROUS times gamecrap and the like is they just sell the copies they have on hand to whomever walks in the store, pre-order or not. Why on earth would they actually save your pre order copy for you? You can't get your money back after all.

Gamestop official policy is that you have 48 hours to pick up your preorder before they consider it abandoned. They'll occasionally sell copies they have on hand if they know they're getting another shipment in soon (ie: they're not something like the Collectors Edition).

It *is* a guarantee in the sense that they *will* sell you a copy, but if it's something they're getting more of you want to get there early.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Caelia » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:55 am

i will harass my friend at EB Games if i do not get my copy.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Next

Return to WotLK