Remove Advertisements

Bad heroic experience over the weekend

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bad heroic experience over the weekend

Postby Kaedan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:14 pm

So first, let me admit that I don't often do pug's. I run with my really small guild most of the time, so I always have a dedicated healer (priest) and dps with me. This weekend they were offline so I decided to branch out a bit. I ran a few heroics with another friend (resto shammy) and we did well, and enjoyed the heck out of it. He went offline and I decided to try and make some new friends etc. Oh boy.

Saturday the heroic daily was crypts. We wiped 6 or 7 times on the first boss. He just completely overwhelmed us. I'm not sure what we did the last time (I didn't do anything differently) but he died with ease. We finished the dungeon and I logged for the night with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Sunday, nobody on again. I decided to get back in the saddle and look for a daily heroic group. Daily heroic for sunday = steamvault. I HATE steamvault, even in regular mode. The pulls in the beginning drive me batty and I've wiped too many times from someone in my group receiving a random fear that throws them into next group we wish to pull. So, one of our folks die on the 3rd or 4th pull. I feel bad, but I can't help that, it happens. Here's where the fun begins. One of the group members whispers me to tell me the team wants me to pull faster. Fine. I start pulling the next groups into the tunnel (that's how I learned to do it) and we are doing ok, until I go to pull the last group before the first boss. I pull, run for the tunnel and my group isn't following me this time. Apparently they all just fight them on the ramp, and did so in this case....without their tank. So we wipe....lovely. The healer leaves the group. I'm basically chided by 2 of the group members saying I should have fought them where they stood, and now we've lost the healer. I'm not a quitter, so I tell them to find another healer, and we'll finish this up. The rest of the dungeon is pretty uneventful, except for folks telling me to start pulling faster. We finished up, and I logged onto my mage and decided to work on her instead of staying on my pally.

I really dislike some heroics. I don't think I will ever do steamvaults again. And I felt like a kindergartner being disciplined by 5th graders for not making my macaroni picture as nice as their's.

So yeah, I just had to vent. Anyone else have bad heroic stories?
Kaedan

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:25 pm

Belongs here. As tasty as it is for us to read such stories or cathartic it is for you it is best to keep such setiment contained as to not spread the angst.

We all probably have enough stories to fill books with. Like a Pug on my resto druid where the fury warrior we had tanking was not using TC or marking and I had to leave eventually because even though I had the heals to keep 3 dps and a tank healed leather does little to save me from mobs.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Kaedan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:31 pm

My bad, if someone wants to move this there that is cool with me. I've been reading here for weeks now, and somehow missed the frustrations thread.
Kaedan

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics