Holiday boss v. Karanerfed

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Invisusira wrote:I love how when you walk up to the door he's like, "I SMELL HUMAN... DELICIOUS!" or "I SMELL DWARF... DELICIOUS!"

That is pure win. I'll have to check that next time I'm in there.

Our first attempt at this guy we cleared half-way around the circle and we got to the door. I opened it and thought, "holy crap! oh, he didn't aggro, that's go... HOLY CRAP!"

We wiped, then came back, cleared the rest of the ring, and kicked his butt.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Sederia » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:54 pm

was saved when he showed up, but with our reset we dropped him tuesday...

people not listening, went and opened the door, didn't los etc and died, 3 or 4 people dead he still went down like a chump

good thing I practiced kiting backwards by doing the reaver kite beforehand :lol:
Sederia

Postby Meehnea » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:33 am

I 3manned this boss with me tanking, a t6~ hunter dps'ing and a t5+za geared priest healer :D took quite some time tho :wink:
Meehnea

Postby Voxe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:39 am

Meehnea wrote:I 3manned this boss with me tanking, a t6~ hunter dps'ing and a t5+za geared priest healer :D took quite some time tho :wink:

BTDT (been there done that) :D indeed it took some time.

it was me (T4 tank) + T5 Rogue + T5 Disc Priest.

I was kiting him all from where he stood, through Moroes room, up unto Opera. Just to keep it interesting.
Voxe

Postby cardo » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:53 am

done him twice easy boss indeed first time I was dead bc the pug group didn't know what stop the dps means and he was in love with being me (even when dead) second time I tanked him all the way and we just killed him in one shot with a guild run. Now I have 2 bats and one axe to boot.
cardo

Postby Losbullitt » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:54 am

The pug I ran with last night (hunter) was just terrible.

I suggested that we fight upstairs until he drops the 20 orbs. Then we drop to Attumen's floor and kite him back to the front door. Half the group wiped from the fall because they were too close to the orbs. I did say "DON'T GO NEAR THE ORBS" but to no avail.

Then the moron 2nd Hunter says "All melee DPS on the boss, ranged DPS on Orbs".

><

Wipe.

Finally we just kited the mutherfucker around the room while people dropped left and right because they couldn't bubble/shadowmeld/fd out of the mirror.

:roll: The next time someone asks me "Have you cleared Kara before" and follows it up with "Some of us haven't", I'll be sure to decline. The gear was terrible, the DPS was terrible and I hate pugs.
Losbullitt

Postby xuldinga » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:13 am

Losbullitt wrote: :roll: The next time someone asks me "Have you cleared Kara before" and follows it up with "Some of us haven't", I'll be sure to decline. The gear was terrible, the DPS was terrible and I hate pugs.

While I completly understand the fustration ( I really do), but it's attitudes like that creating your situation. I tried to do Kara for months with decent gear on (all blues with the tankatronik goggles) and I was denied because of lack of experiance. I had even been invited to groups after being inspected only to be dropped when I said I never ran kara. Finally when someone asked if I had ran it when invited I just said yeah. I just read up on boss fights and listened to instructions and we made it with little problems (we wiped several times on the netherspite so we skipped him). So just remember there was a time where you hadn't done something either.
Wrath/LvL 70 Dra Prot Pally/Drak'Thul.

Which side are we on?
We're on the side of the demons, chief.
We're evil men in the gardens of paradise,
sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go.
xuldinga

Postby iwillpunishu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:54 am

The bat pet vendors for 10 gold, so don't destroy it.......
iwillpunishu

Postby djlar » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:17 pm

iwillpunishu wrote:The bat pet vendors for 10 gold, so don't destroy it.......

Another pet for the achievments....

I SHOULDA viewed this thread before I went in. When I was tanking it I was expecting BOMBS not ORBS, after I died the raid leader said "move him down here far from the ORBS", a bit too late LOL.

We managed to kill him though. 2 badges, quest done, a bat, and... no luck on Arcanite Ripper roll (11), what I'm angry about is that people that can't 2 hand or have any use for it rolled need also.. an effing mage won the roll only for show, that's a nice weapon for ret spec..
djlar

Postby Kaedan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:25 pm

I lucked out. We had a few VERY experienced raiders with us who knew the fight. They told me to open the door, and just keep walking backwards while throwing everything I have at the guy. I went oom twice :? and we lost quite a few dps'ers, but a couple of us made it to the end. I'm not the one normally rezzing people at the end of the fight :) OH, and I got the axe because nobody else wanted it.
Kaedan

Postby Kaedan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Wiped on him this weekend, and nightbane! I jumped into a pug for kara as an OT. They were already in progress and we were starting on nightbane. After wiping (it was sad) I learned that it was one of multiple up against him. The warrior asked if I wanted to try and tank it, and *tada* nightbane goes down. I spent the rest of the time OT'ing, and pretty much bored to tears, but our tank had to go at the end when we decided to take on the new boss. On the way down ( I was a little ways behind ) one of the dps'es decided to open the door, yeah we wiped big time. The next run the raid leader wanted us to try and kill him in moroes, so I kited him around moroes while everyone beat on him. It went much better.

Still no king's defender on this run :(
Kaedan

Previous

Return to Karazhan