Remove Advertisements

Question about Vindication

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Question about Vindication

Postby Tev » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere else (I checked the stickies and no luck), but on level 80 bosses (specifically those in nax) does Vindication have any noticeable effect, or is it still everything is immune, or has such high base damage/health that vindi does nothing?

I'm considering vindi at level 80 if it has a real effect. I kind of assume that they focused it more for pvp, but I wanted to hear from people who were in beta at 80 if it has any worth at all for tanking. If so besides being nice on bosses, having it proc from consecrate would be nice on trash.

Thanks in advance.
Tev

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:32 pm

Bosses are still all immune to Vindication. All bosses from Razorfen Kraul are immune to Vindication.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tev » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:27 pm

/sigh

Oh well on that idea, thanks for the reply.
Tev

Postby Dianora » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:25 am

Worldie wrote:Bosses are still all immune to Vindication. All bosses from Razorfen Kraul are immune to Vindication.

Although for a brief glorious time, Voidreaver was not. They fixed that quickly after some raid brought ret pally.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 am

I thought most mobs didn't even have normal stats like players, but instead had raw AP/health values. I'm probably wrong though.
Brute

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:15 am

Brute wrote:I thought most mobs didn't even have normal stats like players, but instead had raw AP/health values. I'm probably wrong though.
You're pretty much right. Most of their stats are AP, SP, HP, MP and Mp5 instead of str, agility, spirit, intell, and stamina. Vindication is a throughly pvp talent.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby ricmrune » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 am

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I noticed that Vindication can be particularly helpful in certain situations. Many boss encounters come with adds and a good number of them are not immune to Vindication.

Sartharion - elementals and drakes are not immune. I was also surprised that Hand of Reck also procs it. I assume the debuff would make it easier for dps to aoe them down when called for.
Gluth - zombies are not immune. I'm not sure if Vindication + decimate would actually be enough to kill them since I was on Gluth most of the time.

I wasn't paying attention to Noth or Farlina. But we haven't done Gothic or Malygos yet.

I usually swap into arena ret spec during the weekend so when I went back to prot for Sarth 3D one night I figured why not try it out.

Obviously speccing into Vindication isn't ideal, but with current content being fairly easy, it's not completely necessary to min/max talents.
ricmrune

Return to WotLK