Remove Advertisements

Hero MgT can be easy!

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hero MgT can be easy!

Postby Gabrion » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:20 am

For some people the title of this thread is obvious, but ever since I started attempting Hero MgT I've had a run of bad experiences.

First was a run with a guild shammy healer who asked me to come along in a group with no CC - he said it would be easy because I'm a pally tank. We failed a lot - I kept aggro, but died on most pulls.

Next few runs I put the group together and always tried to bring 2 CC. Lots more failure in many different forms.

Finally last night I got an invite from a mage who said he had a good group going, just needed a tank. I didn't have high hopes, but I can honestly say the group (2 mages, 1 enhance shammy, and priest healer) made the instance look stupidly easy. We even had the warrior, rogue, and shaman in the priestess' group.

It's no secret that good players can solve a lot of problems in instances, but I've never seen such a stark difference as hero MgT with bad players (or ppl just not trying) vs. ones who know their class and take it seriously.
Gabrion

Postby Mordinm » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:11 am

The vast majority of damage in Mgt is Magic. Get dps that can stop magic casts and the place becomes a joke. Add in a purge/dispell and your healer can sleep though the trash.
Mordinm

Postby ldeboer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:59 pm

I think I commented before 3 mages makes the whole instance a joke.
3 Ice blocks on vex and 3 sheep on the priestess fight.

I still prefer to do it without CC now I out gear it ... much easier.
ldeboer

Postby Senador » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:37 am

A lot of Magisters rely on your DPS to actually pay attention, apply some critical thinking, and be able to function appropriately. This however is very challenging in and of itself, as finding three DPS that understand "Kill Skull, then X, Then Triangle" and getting them all in the same group is apparently so amazingly difficult it makes my head spin...

Vex, Priestess, Kael all are more fights based on the DPS than the tank/healer; which is different than most other instances and fights. Spell interupts are important, as are dispels/spell steals. Watch what the group blames the wipe on. There is (With the exception of Priestess) no really random elements to the instance. Vex and Kael are both very predictable, as is all the trash.
Senador

Postby VikrumthePally » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 am

Read the other post in 5 Mans / Heroics not too far down.

Heroig MGT wipe after wipe.

Tons of ideas in there.
VikrumthePally

Postby Dendrah » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:07 pm

First time I did MgT heroic I just started on heroics. I barely had more then 12k HP and we managed fine. It is all about what to CC, how to corner pull (there are a ridiciouls lot of corners) and to use your HoJ and arcane torment on every single cooldown.

The 2-3 first packs my group will be confused with me pulling and then running half the hall back for that corner but after that they get used to it and simply wait for the mobs to come.
Dendrah

Postby Andryana » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:55 am

If you can get a Shadow Priest to Mind Control those Warlocks it makes the instance a whole lot easier with their 2k incinerates ;)
Andryana

Postby hoho » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:14 am

Andryana wrote:If you can get a Shadow Priest to Mind Control those Warlocks it makes the instance a whole lot easier with their 2k incinerates ;)
True, SP can offtank some mob effectively CC'ing and damaging two of them at once :)

Though that SP would probably do more damage on his own than with the MC'd mob. Good that those pulls aren't a dps race.
hoho

Postby VikrumthePally » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:18 am

hoho wrote:
Andryana wrote:If you can get a Shadow Priest to Mind Control those Warlocks it makes the instance a whole lot easier with their 2k incinerates ;)
True, SP can offtank some mob effectively CC'ing and damaging two of them at once :)

Though that SP would probably do more damage on his own than with the MC'd mob. Good that those pulls aren't a dps race.

I can assure you in every way shape form and fashion.

The best thing to do with MC is to just let the MC pet die. It takes on mob out of the equation.

Right when the pet it about 3-4% life I throw my shield.

But to your statement no the priest wouldn't. Those MC'd pets are VERY high dmg output.
VikrumthePally

Postby hoho » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:21 am

VikrumthePally wrote:The best thing to do with MC is to just let the MC pet die. It takes on mob out of the equation.
How about this:
Priest MC's and afks
mob is about to die -> throw shield
Priest MC's another mob
win!

As for the damage output, I might be a bit spoiled in my priests gear and being able to dot everything that moves :-P
hoho

Postby Threatco » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:49 am

My monitor doesen't show the purple of the anti-magic spheres very well, especialy when im standing in them. Healer get VERY mad when the tank does not move out of these promptly.

This is the single reason why I don't run it unless I have a good reason to. Tired of having my group spam MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE in chat then thinking im a noob. I just am too poor to buy a new flat screen!
Threatco

Postby daemonym » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:28 pm

what i always did was have an spriest MC one of the blood knights and use that aggro for the "pull" then i'd throw my shield a few seconds later and AE tank the 3-4 that i grabbed. the knights or watever they are make great tanks =p
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Xfighter » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Best group I've ran with was 2x Mage, 2x Shaman (One resto one ele), and me.

Got to the third boss in ~28 minutes, with an AFK for 5 minutes after the 2nd boss. Cleared it in maybe 50 mins total (had problems on the third boss).
Xfighter

Re: Hero MgT can be easy!

Postby Irascibly » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I solo'd up to the Ethereal and almost downed him, but I'm thinking my strat needs some kind of adjustment. Anyone else attempt to solo MGT?
Irascibly

Re: Hero MgT can be easy!

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:41 pm

by Xfighter » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:24 am

by Irascibly » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Do you spot the problem?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics