4%
Forget the Starting Zones, I'm going straight to Grizzly Hills
1%
Forget the Starting Zones, I'm going to level in Outland
6%

Total votes : 143

Postby Kierna » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:27 am

Rehlachs- wrote:actually, he gave the reason ^^

It's not possible to skip the starting zones, you need to be 71-72 to start questing in DB/GH.

Depends on how you read what he said. If you knew that the quests had a level requirement, then that would make sense. If you didn't there could be other reasons for the statement. Ex: The mobs are level 74-75ish which would make it difficult to quest there. You have to do some quest from the starting area to reach the next zone.
Kierna

Postby Widdox » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:14 am

bomjac wrote:I'm thinking that I will do 70-73 in Black Morass. Should give 100k+ exp per clear, 5 clears per hour rested. Other option is the mobs on in the BT roof / outer zone.
Then start quest grinding in the opening zone.

Compared to months grinding hardcore CS/Baal in D2/LoD, a day or so on this is nothing.

I'm clearing trash in Kara 5 man style .. for the first few lvls.
Widdox

Postby Arcand » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:21 am

I'm going Fjord because fjords are rocky. If the mapmakers allow themselves to be influenced by real-life geology, they might put more mining nodes there.

(Probably not. But when you don't really have another reason to prefer one or the other...)
Arcand

Postby Vash » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:22 pm

I was all for going to Howling Fjord simply because I really liked the sound of the Vykrul and Utgarde Keep is there too. It seemed like a no brainer until I read more about BT(So weird that not meaning Black Temple), and it's whole Saurfang+Garrosh+awesomeness of Warsong Hold dynamic.

Apart from the obviousness of those two characters being so cool, I prefer Orc and Tauren lore to the Forsaken, though I still think they're cool.

When my warrior finally climbs to 70 from 47 I'll probably go to the Fjord with him.
Vash

Postby Adryl » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:57 pm

I do have a question about this as well. I wasn't sure if it was mentioned already b/c I'm too lazy to look. Will we be getting any sort of XP for dailies? Or not since they are dailies? I know that we can't just do them till the sun comes up but like the Obsidian Warbeads quest in Nagrand, we get XP for the first Quest then just rep. Will the dailies bear nothing because we already have done them a first time?
Adryl

Postby halfviking » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:37 pm

Which one has the vikings again?

:twisted:
halfviking

Postby Chunes » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Tankznspankz wrote:Howling fjord horde
Gonna skip the lower tier quests and go straight up the elevator.

this exactly. gonna try and get 1 or two levels there, then snap out dragonblight, grizzly hillz, zul'drak, storm peaks and icecrown if needed in that order.
Chunes

Postby Amirya » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:12 pm

Adryl wrote:I do have a question about this as well. I wasn't sure if it was mentioned already b/c I'm too lazy to look. Will we be getting any sort of XP for dailies? Or not since they are dailies? I know that we can't just do them till the sun comes up but like the Obsidian Warbeads quest in Nagrand, we get XP for the first Quest then just rep. Will the dailies bear nothing because we already have done them a first time?

I imagine that it'll be rep and cash only. And you'll need the cash for Northrend and your DK.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Amirya wrote:
Adryl wrote:I do have a question about this as well. I wasn't sure if it was mentioned already b/c I'm too lazy to look. Will we be getting any sort of XP for dailies? Or not since they are dailies? I know that we can't just do them till the sun comes up but like the Obsidian Warbeads quest in Nagrand, we get XP for the first Quest then just rep. Will the dailies bear nothing because we already have done them a first time?

I imagine that it'll be rep and cash only. And you'll need the cash for Northrend and your DK.

Any once/day will continue to give xp as usual. Evidence is in the BG dailies.
Elsie

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:40 pm

In beta they definitely gave exp, because people often had to rely on them to level after running out of other quests for exp.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Håvard » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Wherever there's less people, for me.
Havard, 80 Blood Elf Paladin, US Moon Guard
Håvard, 60 Human Paladin, US Moon Guard
Håvard

Postby Tunnis » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:48 am

Where ever the rest of the guild goes. But I prefer Howling fjor just coz I wanna hear the non Scandinavian ppl say the word "fjord" in vent :P
Tunnis

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:03 am

The way I always level: dot around all over the place, doing the quests that sound least annoying at the time. I end up repeating mostly the same quests with each character that I level.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby EvilNuff » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:47 am

For the people who voted skipping straight to Dragonblight/Grizzly. Might want to re-think that, you can get zero quests there before 71 and xp grinding is very slow compared to questing.
EvilNuff

Postby Chunes » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:27 am

Arcand wrote:I'm going Fjord because fjords are rocky. If the mapmakers allow themselves to be influenced by real-life geology, they might put more mining nodes there.

(Probably not. But when you don't really have another reason to prefer one or the other...)

actually cobalt nodes are sparse in the two starting zones. I noticed the node density increased a little with each zone i went into

Cobalt
little<-----------------Average-------------------------->Lots
BT/HF------------DB/GH/StormPeaks-------------------Z'D

Saronite
Little<--------------------------------------->HOLYSH*TTON
Z'D-----------------------------------------Storm Peaks

I hear sholazar has a bunch of saronite too. never quested there. I'd imagine icecrown is also rich with saronite too, but then again, i never went there either.
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK