Remove Advertisements

Are they sorting our class??

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Are they sorting our class??

Postby Macha » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Crumplezone wrote:As a quick example I'm a prot pally in BT/SWP gear... I solo tanked ZA yesterday and I was having mana issues..


How?
Solotank it and use some random plate class to soak lashes. Anybody with a shield can easily just stand there in dps gear and take it.

If you do it like that, your mana is totally fine. At trash just pull 2-3 groups like before.
Macha
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Postby Talese » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 pm

I simply haven't been using holy shield while running heroics. I'm in t4/t5 gear with badge stuff.
80 Belf Paladin
Shattered Hand
Talese
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:13 pm
Location: In your instancez, tank'en ur mobz!

Postby Crumplezone » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:46 pm

I apologise, I didn't want to start a massive debate about ZA.. I was merely wondering if they would bring us back to how we were after the patch that changed our tanking completely think it was 3.0, well maybe not there but closer than we are now.. regarding the mana/threat issue as I don't follow what GC has to say an awful lot.

The ZA thing was a now and then example, previously we had no worries with the mana to threat ratio, now that's not so much the case in my opinion, it gets eaten up very fast, yes there are mana pots and yes I had sanc up in the run..

The point is we took a giant leap forward and now it feels like we've been pulled back some of the way if you understand where I'm coming from, granted I've taken on board what Levantine had to say and its very valid, also the divine plea, but this is something we've been over already.

maybe approach it from a different point of view....

Do you guys think there's an issue with the amount of mana back we get now from our talents/skills/buffs etc... respective to the amount of threat we have to push out?. given your group is geared to your level??
Last edited by Crumplezone on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Crumplezone
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:49 am
Location: I come to you

Postby Zironic » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Talese wrote:I simply haven't been using holy shield while running heroics. I'm in t4/t5 gear with badge stuff.


Isn't that counterproductive? With BoSanc up Holy shield pretty much pays for itself with the extra blocks.
Zironic
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:07 am

Postby Embher » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:48 pm

I am really confused. I have T5/T6 gear ( which is less than yours i know) and i wasn't running oom in za. I use sanctuary, it gives as much as spiritual attunemtn 2% mana per dodge/parry/block, which is practically every hit out of misses and your spells are about 2% mana.

I think you forgot to put on sanctuary blessing.

-Embher
Image
Embher
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:57 am

Postby Lave » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:31 pm

tanking raids you outgear by far is about one simple thing: gear for threat
fixes both - mana and threat problems
Image
User avatar
Lave
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:50 am
Location: Berlin, Germany

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:03 pm

Crumplezone wrote:I apologise, I didn't want to start a massive debate about ZA.. I was merely wondering if they would bring us back to how we were after the patch that changed our tanking completely think it was 3.0, well maybe not there but closer than we are now.. regarding the mana/threat issue as I don't follow what GC has to say an awful lot.

The ZA thing was a now and then example, previously we had no worries with the mana to threat ratio, now that's not so much the case in my opinion, it gets eaten up very fast, yes there are mana pots and yes I had sanc up in the run..

The point is we took a giant leap forward and now it feels like we've been pulled back some of the way if you understand where I'm coming from, granted I've taken on board what Levantine had to say and its very valid, also the divine plea, but this is something we've been over already.

maybe approach it from a different point of view....

Do you guys think there's an issue with the amount of mana back we get now from our talents/skills/buffs etc... respective to the amount of threat we have to push out?. given your group is geared to your level??

I feel that I consistently have more mana than I ever did in a comparable situation pre-3.0. I'm also putting out loads more threat. Our threat is certainly lower in 3.0.3 compared to 3.0.2, but it's still leaps and bounds ahead of where it was pre-patch. I can't speak for every player, but I'm seeing better threat out of us than any other class.

Having to drink every now and then is fine, as is having to use potions. Regardless, I think it's pretty much accepted that our mana/threat situation at the moment is, without a doubt, awesome.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Postby d503 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Zironic wrote:
Talese wrote:I simply haven't been using holy shield while running heroics. I'm in t4/t5 gear with badge stuff.


Isn't that counterproductive? With BoSanc up Holy shield pretty much pays for itself with the extra blocks.


This. I even HS when doing dailies...2 blocks easily pays for it...honestly, the dmg you're soaking from HS is less of a problem than all the dmg you're AVOIDING from having stacked dodge...

Take off your avoidance trinkets/pieces and get some threat stuff on, imo...
User avatar
d503
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:31 pm
Location: Northern California, US

Postby marsbubble » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:25 pm

ditch some dodge rating, put on a green shield or something. esp. with the 2pc t6 bonus and the SA glyph damage = mana for you. your dodge is just too high for ZA.
marsbubble
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:18 am

Postby Bliss » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:33 am

What you're saying is blatantly wrong. When we get 2% base mana returned for EVERY avoidance....WHY would you EVER drop avoidance?

If mana's an issue..don't judge. Use your Hammer as your main threat device while keeping HS up at all times. IF you still have enough mana, do consecrate. DPS can't often pull off even that small amount. The way our threat is now, we really don't have to go all out unless we're in a fully buffed raid environment.
Bliss
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby majiben » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:43 am

Bliss wrote:What you're saying is blatantly wrong. When we get 2% base mana returned for EVERY avoidance....WHY would you EVER drop avoidance?
To increase the amount of the attack table block takes up. Blocks instead of avoidance means the same amount of BoS mana but more SA mana. I highly recommend a high block chance, low avoidance set for content you overgear.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby Bhall » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:10 am

I seriously cant understand how can you go oom with BoSanc. It doesnt matter how much the mobs hit for, if you pull 2-3 melee mobs you wont have mana issues, because you get loads of mana per block, parry and dodge.
Bhall
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Postby Macha » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:46 am

Belloc wrote:I think it's pretty much accepted that our mana/threat situation at the moment is, without a doubt, awesome.


On our own yes, compared to other tanks no.
Macha
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:43 am

Give a paladin BoS and he'll say "oh good, I won't have to drink as much".

Give a warrior BoS and he'll be too busy having an orgasm to reply.

Something a little off about that I think :)
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby Crumplezone » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:53 am

That's the whole debate tho Bliss, the rogues I was in with had warglaves etc... and were piling in there so I did have to hammer the threat if u get where I'm coming from, so by the end of a confrontation with a pack lets say I'd come out with about 15-25% mana left and then have to move on without stopping to another pack.

Things were dying at a fast rate, and we were moving at a fast pace we still didn't have this lopsided mana issue before, ok so I change gear out to worse gear with less strength and my threat still suffers cos the gear isn't as good but I'm getting mana back, do I just chug mana pots.....again... like last time??.
Blizz were supposed to be improving our situation I didn't think that's what they wanted for us, I believe I read somewhere that in TBC we weren't supposed/expected to MT, we had to Chug mana pots then, we're supposed to have moved on from that, at least I thought we were, maybe my mistake there.
Do I ask the dps to Slow down a bit? if so next time they'll just take a warrior in cos he can start it with a shockwave and crit shield slam and hey presto.... he's pwning ok the warrior would have to change gear out in order to make a lot of threat too but as long as he's got high BV it wouldn't matter he'd beable to sustain that threat rotation.
I agree with what Macha wrote.. against other tanks our situation doesn't feel AS good.

On the other hand, with Divine Plea, and a shield slam of our own It may get better I guess, seeing as things are geared for lvl 80, and I'm over geared for nerfed content...who knows.

In my opinion a little bit more mana back for us wouldn't hurt the way things are done.

This feels a bit too much like I'm QQing now and I don't like that so I'm going to say thanks all for your input I very much appreciate it.
If the dev's do decide to improve our situation I guess I'll see it here first :).

Have fun and good luck guys :)

regards

Crump
Image
Crumplezone
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:49 am
Location: I come to you

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest