Remove Advertisements

I'm sacrificing so many stamina enchants for avoidance...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby John Ra » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:17 am

Baelor wrote:Lots of elementals/demons in those 3 instances for them to banish.

Sadly, I have a level 70 warlock and I often forget about that CC spell. :oops:
John Ra

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:25 pm

Slave Pens is pretty easy with some good CC.

Mechanar is the classic easy heroic, despite all the buffs they've given it. You can basically get the Libram for minimal effort by doing the first three "bosses" of Heroic Mech every day for 5 days.

I say "bosses" because those things are so easy that they really shouldn't count as bosses.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Demiblade » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:34 am

John Ra wrote:
Neuron wrote:1. Upgrade your libram ASAP. Or equip it at least because your armory does not show it. Unacceptable MR. PALADIN TANK!

Because different types of paladin librams GROW ON TREES.

J/K, thanks for the advice. :wink:

It kinda does grow on trees, considering all you need to do is 30mins of heroic mech 3 badge run 5 times.

Any warrior worth his salt *needs* to farm for their 41 badge auto-blocker. Now that's not considered growing on trees.
Demiblade

Postby Neuron » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:16 am

Demiblade wrote:Any paladin worth his salt *needs* to farm for their 41 badge auto-blocker. Now that's not considered growing on trees.

epicly fixt
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Tiandelin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:47 am

Mechanar probably has the best badge to time ratio of any of them. Bring a warlock and it's easy aside from maybe the nethermancer boss. Go left at the entrance and you can skip a lot of trash.

Underbog is easy and has four badges. If you can survive the double bog lord pull before the first boss, you can handle anything in there.

Slave Pens is easy too, though the defenders can eat you up if you're not careful. HoJ on the first target helps a lot.

Sethekk is pretty long for only having two badges (unless you bring a druid who can summon Anzu), and Ikiss is one of the most annoying heroic bosses I've ever seen.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby honorshammer » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:56 am

Nazran (Dragon at the end of Heroic Ramps) does NOT drop a badge, so Ramps is only 2 badges.
honorshammer

Postby quoll » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:05 am

I would work towards getting the heroic libram first as every poster as said above me, that 5% really does help add alot on to your avoidance. Leg enchant if your worried about casing ever more hp, that and its a free 10/14 agility that will never hurt really.

Scryer rep might be an idea as well. Go grind some elfs down by the black temple and start handing in those lubely signets and tomes. Dodge rating will never hurt to have \o/
quoll

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:21 am

I use this macro in game to check crushability when playing WhatTheHellAmIGoingToWearToday:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() +5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) + 20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

I also don't really take raid buffs into account when playing dress up. I probably should.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby John Ra » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:42 am

This libram has allowed me to rearrange my gear and gain 1,000 health. Thank you very much! :)
John Ra

Postby Arcand » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:51 am

John Ra wrote:What utility does a warlock offer for CC besides chain fearing, which is dangerous...?

There are pulls in Mechanar where a warlock can Enslave one demon, get it pummelled to death, then Banish a second one. Turns a couple pulls from fairly-painful to comically easy.

Fear is your friend on the elf waves upstairs, too - if you break with convention and kill Serpethrea before starting down the hallway.
Arcand

Postby Arcand » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:54 am

Sabindeus wrote:I say "bosses" because those things are so easy that they really shouldn't count as bosses.

I keep expecting them to take the badges off the first two demi-bosses, and put a single badge in that treasure 'chest' downstairs. I'd hate that, but I'd have to admit it was fair.
Arcand

Postby John Ra » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:23 am

Arcand wrote:
John Ra wrote:What utility does a warlock offer for CC besides chain fearing, which is dangerous...?

There are pulls in Mechanar where a warlock can Enslave one demon, get it pummelled to death, then Banish a second one. Turns a couple pulls from fairly-painful to comically easy.

Fear is your friend on the elf waves upstairs, too - if you break with convention and kill Serpethrea before starting down the hallway.

Did a bunch of Mech runs, although we skipped the fire boss everytime. Having two warlocks drop fear bombs on the last boss's adds was really nice. It kinda sucks that the adds immediately go for the ranged as soon as they appear. If they stuck around a little, they might like me instead.
John Ra

Postby guillex » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:15 am

Neuron wrote:Edit: after re-reading, I wanted to point out to that avoidance means not getting hit, which only consists of dodge, parry, and miss. Block means getting hit. So your avoidance total is actually: 5 + 6.52 + 14.93 + 17.53. So you have about a 44-45% avoidance, even with kings and motw. You have the worst avoidance of all the tanks you listed.

*coughs*

You still calculate your total 102.4% with block%.

Yes, it's mitigation. No, it's not PURE avoidance. But it's a part of the formula.

And really, that's all we care about when trying to reach uncrushable. Afterwards, we can play around with Block/Mitigation/Avoidance sets.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Neuron » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:39 am

Ok ya lost me.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby jere » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:32 am

Neuron wrote:Ok ya lost me.

I think you are misunderstanding them, and they are misunderstanding you.

Here is my take on it:

You were pointing out that John Ra was incorrectly calculating pure avoidance as d + p + b when indeed pure avoidance is d + p + m.

Everyone else misunderstood you and thought you were talking about what is commonly called "crushing blow avoidance", but you weren't commenting on John Ra's calculations against crushing blows if I understand correctly, you were saying his comparison of "avoidances" quite a few posts back was miscalculated. Since they though that you were talking about crushing blows they immediately responded with "you forgot block %", which you didn't because you were merely calculating pure avoidance and was not worried about crushing blows in the current correction.

Hopefully that clears it up for everyone (unless of course I too misunderstood somewhere, lol)
jere

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents