AoE tanking Hex Lord

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

AoE tanking Hex Lord

Postby cerwillis » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:39 pm

I've read a few posts in other threads today about tanking Hex and his adds at once, and I'm thinking about trying it tonight. Does anyone have any tips on doing this? I assume that the healer needs to go down first, but should we take out any other adds first, or just nuke the boss and take them out with collateral dmg? I appreciate any input you guys can give.

CW
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Kup » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:38 pm

I've done this the last 2 times in. It's really easy. My only suggestion is to stress to all the dps GIVE 5 SECONDS BEFORE YOU TOUCH ANYTHING!!! Your shield will only hit 3 of the 5 and depending on your tab target/hammer skills you need a few ticks of consecration on them before everyone goes nuts.

Beside that keep an interrupter on Hex for heals if they're not all dead before the first shadow bolt volley and burn them all with AOE. Yay free loot and welcome to Zul'Jin who after the nerf is LOLOLOLOLOL.

Also have hand of protection ready for anyone who may pull and use a spell damage weapon over a tank weapon because you will be tanking over 3 mobs.
Kup

Postby halfviking » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:22 pm

It would depend on which of the adds are up. My concerns would be if the ghost is one of the adds, since he fears, and the ogre, since he hits like truckload of warlocks (not now, but when they were actually OP. :lol: )
halfviking

Postby Selgar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:27 am

If you go in with a group that could kill him pre-nerf then the fight will go so fast its ridiculous. All the adds are generally down before or just after the start of the first volley, for us he was dead by the second. The fear is a legitamate concern though just bubble out of it or use your trinket if you want to bother to equip it. He will never get off more than one unless your dps is crap.
Selgar

Postby cerwillis » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:43 am

We tried one shot at this strat, but ended up going back to our tried and tested method of CCing then burning the adds quickly, they go down fast enough that way. I think the combination of the ghost, the ogre and the fire demon were the reason i couldnt get them all gathered up. Our RL warrior likes to tank hex, so I think we are going to stick with that since he lets me tank all of the other bosses.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby sanctifico » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:04 am

You can solo tank hex + all the adds (unless you have Imp or Ghost (must nuke/cc those two))

Its faster if your raid just focuses Hex, as he will die fast :p

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby gummyrabbit » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:48 am

I AOE tanked them. We had the second tank pull any of the problematic adds (if needed) do they could be DPS'd down faster. Hell, one time we had a warrior tank on Hex and I switched out my tank gear into healing gear and tanked all the adds and then helped heal afterwards.
gummyrabbit

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:01 am

Well, usually when i go in past patch it's more like those unexperienced guys first yelling at me to fucking wait, then - due to no raidmarks - they nuke everything.
Adds are down on 1st Shadow Bolts and the boss dies before the 3rd, so i don't see any problem at all. THere is no one you NEED to burst. Just have a priest fearward you for the undead and have dpsers go un healer id he's there.

Any other than that, you can just AE Burst everything...
Ryuusuke

Return to Zul'aman