Remove Advertisements

Are they sorting our class??

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Are they sorting our class??

Postby Crumplezone » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:31 am

Hey guys, although I read this forum a lot, I've never posted, so apart from the vague blue posts I've seen about the paladin class, I'm unsure weather or not it's going to get fixed.

I wonder if any of you guys have heard anything new?

As a quick example I'm a prot pally in BT/SWP gear... I solo tanked ZA yesterday and I was having mana issues.. yeah yeah like a lot of others no doubt, I'm not really here to QQ.. Like I say.. I just wondered if anyone's heard anything regarding a fix to the problem, it hurts going back to the way we were before, and quite frankly I'm disheartened,

please put my fears to rest.

That said.. thanks for looking and keep up the good work theory crafting. I find it very useful as I'm sure many others do :)

Regards

Crump
Crumplezone

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:36 am

That's not really a problem, if you tank ZA at the moment in the gear you were meant to tank it before, you are overgearing it by 2-3 tiers already :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:37 am

Well, to be blunt, nerfed level 70 content with level 80 talents, in level 80 gear isn't the best way to get a feel for what kind of position the class is in. ;)
Levantine

Postby Elexis » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:40 am

Think its a general issue for tanks this patch. Since all content is so nerfed, damage intake often isn't enough for a full threat rotation. I find myself often skipping consecration i.e.

BoSanc does help it some but on other hand we don't have stuff like good old SPriest regen.
Elexis

Postby Elexis » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:40 am

Edit: Wth double post :(
Elexis

Postby Crumplezone » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:48 am

Perhaps but at the moment I see it as a catch 22... the dps we go in with just dps. and lets face it, with current changes they go hell for leather.

Now.. because of that we, (tanks) need to make appropriate amounts of threat, in order to do that we need to wear better gear (more strength etc..) now granted I have 4 bags full of tanking gear I carry around with me to change out, but if I change a lot of it to get the mana back, my gear isn't sufficient for making enough threat.

Yesterday I had two rogues keeping up with me on bosses (I was using the 9696 rotation as usual)

Hence I saw it as an issue and thought maybe it would be sorted in future?..

maybe not.. perhaps wishful thinking.

Like I say the original post was a question whether anyone had read anything new about it.
Crumplezone

Postby Crumplezone » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:49 am

fair enough Levantine... point recieved
Crumplezone

Postby ulushnar » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:12 am

As Lev mentioned, all raid content has been nerfed a couple of tiers. In BT/Sunwell gear you so overgear ZA that it's not even funny.

Also remember at level 71 we get Divine Plea, which is just awesome.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:42 am

Crumplezone wrote:Perhaps but at the moment I see it as a catch 22... the dps we go in with just dps. and lets face it, with current changes they go hell for leather.

Now.. because of that we, (tanks) need to make appropriate amounts of threat, in order to do that we need to wear better gear (more strength etc..) now granted I have 4 bags full of tanking gear I carry around with me to change out, but if I change a lot of it to get the mana back, my gear isn't sufficient for making enough threat.

Yesterday I had two rogues keeping up with me on bosses (I was using the 9696 rotation as usual)

Hence I saw it as an issue and thought maybe it would be sorted in future?..

maybe not.. perhaps wishful thinking.

Like I say the original post was a question whether anyone had read anything new about it.

The 9696 rotation is nonexistent at level 70 due to the fact that you only have one spell on a 6 sec CD. Rather than focus on a rotation just smash whatever button is off CD.
Jasari

Postby Mutley » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:50 am

Unless whatever you are tanking is below 20% health. My gcd's are a lot smoother and i get more up time out of my spells when sticking to that rotation instead of just hitting stuff when it's ready. But yeah, the first 80% is kinda chaotic :P
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Mutley

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:48 am

If you're having mana issues and you are using Sanctuary, just bring an extra mob into the fight. The extra avoided/blocked melee hits will replenish mana, and the extra hits will provide spiritual attunement mana.

I can't think of a single fight in there that would be difficult with an extra melee mob on you, especially in your gear.
Belloc

Postby Crumplezone » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:32 am

Really Belloc? lets see.. 1st boss on left is chain pull anyway, up to 2nd boss (bear) you got packs & big bears that hit hard... (quite a difference there for healers to take in especially with a pack of mobs on you as well) on to the 3rd boss with the patrolling mobs? and those mental casters?, hmm again not ideal for healers when there's huge aoe damage going just cos I need more mana, don't think pulling more is in the interests of the team tbh sounds more like a wipe... then up to 4th boss.. sure If i manage to gather em all up instead of the healers getting them then thats fine, however with the slowing de-buff the lynx put on you its hard to get another pack before they are dead anyway, so I don't think what you said is strictly accurate.

Anyway.. that's off topic.. the point was... has anyone heard anything to say whether or not this will be rectified?.. granted there's the Divine Plea incoming and thank you for making that point.. I'm Unsure how that will effect us as I haven't been past 70 yet.

I guess I'm hoping for something to bring us back closer to where we were before the nerfs, as it felt a lot better and more balanced concerning mana (as in easier to do the warrior chain pulling thing without having to worry about going oom) but I'm willing to bow down to what Levantine said, its not a perfect example of our class pitfalls, perhaps just wait and see how it changes at level 80 if when we get there and something needs doing hopefully it will get done.

Thanks again all, much appreciated feedback :)
Crumplezone

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:08 am

I'm not sure where you were pre-3.0, but before that i could be pulling 2-3 heroic packs at once and i'd end without mana. Now even if i pull a single pack, i'm 100% mana constantly.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:50 am

Crumplezone wrote:Really Belloc? lets see.. 1st boss on left is chain pull anyway, up to 2nd boss (bear) you got packs & big bears that hit hard... (quite a difference there for healers to take in especially with a pack of mobs on you as well) on to the 3rd boss with the patrolling mobs? and those mental casters?, hmm again not ideal for healers when there's huge aoe damage going just cos I need more mana, don't think pulling more is in the interests of the team tbh sounds more like a wipe... then up to 4th boss.. sure If i manage to gather em all up instead of the healers getting them then thats fine, however with the slowing de-buff the lynx put on you its hard to get another pack before they are dead anyway, so I don't think what you said is strictly accurate.

Anyway.. that's off topic.. the point was... has anyone heard anything to say whether or not this will be rectified?.. granted there's the Divine Plea incoming and thank you for making that point.. I'm Unsure how that will effect us as I haven't been past 70 yet.

I guess I'm hoping for something to bring us back closer to where we were before the nerfs, as it felt a lot better and more balanced concerning mana (as in easier to do the warrior chain pulling thing without having to worry about going oom) but I'm willing to bow down to what Levantine said, its not a perfect example of our class pitfalls, perhaps just wait and see how it changes at level 80 if when we get there and something needs doing hopefully it will get done.

Thanks again all, much appreciated feedback :)
So you were talking about trash? Just bring some extra mana pots if you're that worried about it. I don't see how you can be running out of mana on eagle or bear trash with sanc up, especially as a solo tank. You did have Sanctuary up, right?

Dragonhawk trash is much the same since almost all of the mobs are melee. At your gear level, you could easily pull a pack, stun/burn any flame casters, and then pull the next pack while still tanking the previous pack. Flame casters are only difficult if you don't know how to manage stuns or can't kill them fast enough, neither of which should be an issue for your group.

I can't see how you'd be worried about Lynx trash. I don't know if Hand of Freedom works on the slowing debuff, but if it does, then that's one issue covered. If it doesn't work, then make sure your raid (especially healers) are positioned so that mobs have to run through your consecrate to reach them. People have been pulling multiple Lynx packs since well before 3.0.

Honestly, it's all about how you run the raid. You can just go through it brute-forcing everything and be out of mana the whole time, or you can plan your pulls and execute in a way that maximizes your mana return.
Belloc

Postby Rothifer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:53 am

Swap gear. Less dodge moar block.
"Forget" to hit HS for a second or two or if it gets bad enough, dont use it. Considering how overgeared you are for ZA, the bored healers can throw an actual heal instead of hothothot"brb, imma make some coffee"
Rothifer

Next

Return to WotLK