Raid Guides

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Raid Guides

Postby Fathammer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a good place to look up raid guides for WotLK. I am going to be a tank so i think its important for me to know the fights...right?

If anyone could direct me to a good site that would be very helpful thanks
Fathammer

Postby Morpheren » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:50 pm

whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Jasari » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:50 pm

bosskillers.com
Jasari

Postby Arcand » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:50 am

Jasari wrote:bosskillers.com

Historically this one has - I'll be tactful - based most of its strategies on the assumption that only warriors would be tanking. We'll see with LK if they've broadened their horizons at all.

http://www.wowhead.com is not strategy-focused and sometimes contains conflicting information, but it's worth a look.

http://www.tankspot.com has less about overall boss strategies, but they do provide tank-specific detail which is often missed in other guides.

I haven't used http://www.thottbot.com or http://www.allakhazam.com in a while now because the wowhead interface is so shiny, but they've served with honor for many years.
Arcand

Postby Jasari » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:35 am

Arcand wrote:

Historically this one has - I'll be tactful - based most of its strategies on the assumption that only warriors would be tanking. We'll see with LK if they've broadened their horizons at all.

Blizzard has - they've said - based most of raid encounters around the assumption that warriors would be tanking. We know that with LK they've broadened their horizons.
Jasari

Postby Macha » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 am

Jasari wrote:
Arcand wrote:

Blizzard has - they've said - based most of raid encounters around the assumption that warriors would be tanking. We know that with LK they've broadened their horizons.

We do. But do the bosskillers people know, too? ;)
Macha

Postby PsiVen » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:01 pm

Bosskillers guides are in almost every case written by whoever submitted them first for the monetary prize. There are not "regular authors" as far as I know, which is why they vary widely in format, quality, and accuracy.

Nevertheless, Bosskillers is a pretty good resource if you know nothing about a fight. You just have to know how to use an imperfect tool. Wowwiki on the other hand almost never has any relevant information.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby majiben » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:14 pm

PsiVen wrote:Wowwiki on the other hand almost never has any relevant information.
I must disagree with that. No Wowwiki isn't a guide to the fight but it does give a good listing of phases and abilities. In fact I prefer to send our run of the mill raiders there for their read up we don't have deal with 20 people saying "But the guide I read said we should....". Just make sure you are reading the tactics section and not the lore secton for some of the bosses.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Return to WotLK