Remove Advertisements

Jan'alai - Dragonhawk Avatar

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Discus » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:44 am

Tried this 2nd time last night - never been so badly wiped by a boss ! Strange because 2 bosses before seem seem relatively easy.

There was just no way we could get adds down fast enough - they were spawning at both sides at once and I can only be in one place at once... and then the bombs appear and then we all die.

Will try the hunter freeze trap trick. But I have no FR gear so going to have to rely on aura and potions.

It reminds me of the Fire boss in mech heroic - just completely, disproportionately, harder to down than the other bosses.
Discus

Postby majiben » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Your dps let both of the hatchers through.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Spectrum » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:45 pm

He's really pretty easy. Assign one DPS to kill one of the hatchers. Let the other one hatch stuff and have your AE DPS help you kill them. Then when he hits 35% the other side will all hatch and you do the same.

You really need to kill at least one of the hatchers unless you have a tank to help control both sides.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Paine » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:57 pm

ZA has been nerfed to hell since 3.0. I don't even take out my fire resist set for this anymore. Don't kill the hatchers, just tank the boss in the middle, let the two hatchers hatch everything. Ask people to stack on top of while you consecrate, tell DPS to hold off on the AOE until most of the eggs have hatched and they've sat in your consecrate for a moment. The only tricky thing about this is looking for where the bombs have dropped if you've still got a few birds clouding up your screen, but aside from that, it's very much straight tank and spank.
Paine

Postby sanctifico » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:57 am

Code: Select all
     [          ]
[==== y        x ====]
     [__,    ,__]

Kill hatcher going to Y - leave X alive (and let it spawn Y)

DPS FOCUS BOSS -

I tank boss at X first then move to Y once I have all the hatchlings.

Generally the boss hits 35% as the hatcher is spawning adds at Y so I gather all adds, and let AOE go nuts.
Boss sometimes dies before the hatchers :p

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Discus » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:12 am

Thanks all, will give it a try tonight - like the diagram :lol:
Discus

Postby Frickit » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:45 am

when geared, the new preferred strat is to kill all of the hatchers as they pop and at 35% all birds are hatched and AoEd down in about 3 seconds. Not as clean because I usually lose one or two people in the few seconds of chaos mostly to bombs...but its easy as hell.
Frickit

Postby gummyrabbit » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:43 am

Kup wrote:Easy, kill all hatchers as they spawn, position the boss in the middle, at 40% EVERYONE stack on the MT, at 35% all the birds come, consecrate, kill all birds at once, win, d/e another chest piece.

Won't the fire cone he does hit everyone if they're all stacked on the tank?
gummyrabbit

Postby Paine » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:22 am

This isn't quite "stacked on tank" like Eagle boss, this is more of a get inside my consecrate, so people can still spread out around him a bit. Although I think people have stacked on me and it wasn't much of an issue, he hits like a girl even with his fire cone. If we lose someone it's usually due to them not watching the bombs.
Paine

Previous

Return to Zul'aman