Remove Advertisements

Azgalor Adds

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Azgalor Adds

Postby Gerilith » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:44 am

Hi there,

my English is quite bad, although my certificate says it wasn't. Sorry for this.

I'm tanking the trash waves in Hyjal and Anetherons and Azgalors adds. Usually I'm healing (don't kill me, I like it) but got geared up since it is quite a good offer if you are told "we'll pay, just make it work".

So I was asking myself how to improve the addtanking in this fight, too. We have already looted him, but perhaps there are still little tweaks possible.

My suggestion was to have a Warrior/Feral to do the main tanking as long as possible and let me do the aggro grabbing. He will taunt targets off me if possible and I'm able to fully concentrate on the next doom.
The reason was, that having the stun effect and sometimes, if the add is too far away before i could get him (being stunned in the wrong moment), the silence effect, it was quite impossible to ensure that these adds stay where we wanted them to.
In the end, of course, we got more and more Adds although they were DPSed a little (four Doomguards I think) so that I had to tell the Dooms to die in a position where the Doomguards are forced to walk right through my Consecration, just in case I'm stunned again not being able to do exorcism or - which is quite tricky sometimes - to target the new one fast enough.

We are using some NPCs (the trolls at the..what is it..southeastern? corner) and had quite bad experiences with other solutions so I'd be pleased if you could concentrate on improving what we got ;)

Any thoughts?
Gerilith

Postby Lore » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:46 am

I haven't had any trouble picking them up. Most of the time the people who get doom are able to run over to where I'm tanking the adds (by where Thrall stands) and I just grab them there. However if someone says they're not going to make it over there (having everyone vocal on vent helps a lot), I start moving towards Azgalor. I haven't ever been unable to pick up a doomguard due to it being out of range.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Gerilith » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:48 am

How do you handle the stuns, especially if they plop up just when the Doom dies? Because this was the point I started to think about what I wrote.
Gerilith

Postby Lore » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:49 am

We have melee DPS on the doomguards full time, 9 times out of 10 the first doomguard is dying as the second is coming up.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:50 am

I made a video of the Azgalor encounter, it's pretty long and sped up but if you want to take a look here it is: http://stage6.divx.com/user/devomorph/v ... ---Azgalor
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Gerilith » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:58 am

Thanks a lot, looking at this there seems to be a problem with DPS regarding the split between Doomguards an Azgalor. I'll work this through an perhaps on thursday I can say if it helped or not.

*bow*
Gerilith

Postby PsiVen » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:19 pm

We do not use our melee DPS on the Doomguards -- we have 1 DPS warrior and the rest of the melee including Taurens are on the boss. Thrall's DPS with his buddies and the warrior is enough to make sure we don't have more than two, but it does get hectic sometimes when the NPC's decide to run off.

Basically what I do that works with any number of doomguards is this:
When Doom is cast, find the person right away and run towards them. I try to position between the person and Azgalor within about 15m of them.
AS, then exorcism as soon as the demon pops out. This way if both resist, I can Judge and melee the guy in passing, with consecrate in case the stars align to screw me over. If I get silenced, I just back up toward Azgalor until it wears off, and do the pickup then.
I kite him to our other add tank, who taunts it off when it's time to pick up the next one.

If our NPC's leave and DPS falls behind on the guards, once the other guy has 3 doomguards I start keeping them while picking up new ones. With the proper method it's nearly failsafe, and I can always DS/cancel out of stuns. Once we both have 3 doomguards the boss should certainly be dead, but at this point the other guy would taunt one off so I can actually move to pick up a 7th. We look for a second healer before the 5th doomguard pops.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby fiorina » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:57 pm

- Thrall + 1 hunter are enough for killing Doomguards
- silence has 100 yards range, stay away
- let person with debuff run to you and just exorcism
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:18 am

Yeah, we were having problems originally with NPC's running off, so we just let them get into combat before misdirecting and have melee DPS stay on doomguards. Less surprises that way.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Ossuary » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:14 pm

Last night we changed up our strat since they fixed the silence to be zone wide instead of just 100 yard range. Normally, we had a warrior/druid with me healing him 100 yards off away from Azgalor. Just tanked em till he died. Silence really screwed with this so we moved the doom camp to the taurens and i never saw more than 1 doom up any point in time.
Ossuary

Postby Afraithe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:07 am

We downed him before the reset.

We use the NPCs around Thrall do DPS the adds, if all are up, we never get more than 3-4 Doomguards in the end. In our strat, we try to keep as many NPCs alive as possible during the waves, especially those around Thrall.

Azgalors silence has been extended to 50000 yards, but he only doom ppl within 100 yards, so keep your offtank healers and offtanks outside of 100 yards.

Position the raid so that ppl that have speed enhancements are on the far side of the boss, seen from the offtanks, so if they get doom, they can make it to the offtanks within 20 seconds, this means Mages (Blink), Hunters, Druids etc should be on the far side of the boss.

Our healers are decked out with Shadow resistance to resist some of the silence, I usually use a bit of resistance myself while tanking, I get around 160 shadow ress buffed, still uncrittable/crushable (to the adds).

Azgalor hits like a truck, and the silence can be a huge problem if you do not have many hots and get some resists.
Afraithe

Postby Csheidi » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:05 am

Tach Gerilith^^

da mein englisch noch weitaus bescheidener ist als deines will ich dir mal auf deutsch antworten^^.
habs jez auch nur überflogen, was lore, psiven etc. dir schon geschrieben haben...

wir machen es folgend... wenn der boss kommt ist man in der regel out of combat was dir die möglichkeit gibt gear zu switchen. was empfehlenswert ist zumindest die BT-Halskette anzulegen. mit shadowbuff der priester hast eigentlich schon mal ne sehr gute resistchance geben den silence was durchaus ein hinderniss sein könnte.

desweiteren versuchen wir thrall und die um ihn herumstehenden npc´s gar nicht in den kampf zu verwickeln bei den trashwellen um diese uns für den bossfight zu erhalten. wir nutzen lediglich die tauren zusätzlich. warlock oder offtank (feral, krieger) bei den wellen mit den großen viechern bei thrall abstellen um diese frühzeitig abfangen zu können um keine npc´s zu verlieren.

steht beim bossfight thrall +3-4npc´s reicht uns lediglich ein feral bei thrall aus um doomadds zu nuken. so hatt man meistens lediglich maximal 2 adds zu tanken.

zur positionierung...

der boss wird bei uns oben bei den tauren getankt während meinereiner + einem heiler ca. 10-20m vor der rampe bei thrall stehen zwischen raid und offtankposi. bei doom laufen dann entsprechende raidmember einfach an mir dann vorbei auf die rampe wo thrall normalerweise davor steht. das hat den vorteil, daß ersten:
ich zwischen add und raid stehe und somit mit laufender weihe das add auch agro´e wenn ich gestunnt bin, bzw. den aktionsradius für exorzismus, schild oder richturteil verdopple für den fall eines stuns beim addspawn.

die adds tanke ich in der regel komplett durch bis sie down sind. der feral der in der regel der einzige dd´ler bei mir ist, ist auch noch aus folgendem grund bei mir, weil für den fall, daß ich selbst doom kassiere ein adäquater tankersatz vorhanden ist.

falls ihr es nicht schaffen solltet genügend npc´s bei thrall am leben zu halten auch kein großes problem. man hat relativ schnell ein gefühl dafür, ob der dmg für die adds reicht. ansonsten einfach noch nen dd´ler vom raid abziehen.

Als Heiler steht bei mir meistens ein Schamane. Hat den vorteil, daß er alleine mich und den feral relativ easy und vorallem manaeffizient per kettenheilung heilen kann.

tjo, so machen wir es in der regel und funktioniert tadellos. dank exorzismus, evtl. schildwurf und weihe finde ich uns sehr effizient dort als offtank, da uns am meisten abilitys zur verfügung stehen um entwichene adds notfalls noch auf range zu erwischen etc.

hoffe dir ebenfalls ein wenig geholfen zu haben

so far

Heidi
Csheidi

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:36 am

What about using translators tbh? :p

Tach Gerilith^^

since my English is still by far more modest than yours wants I you times on German antworten^^.
habs jez also only flew over, which truck, etc. you psiven already wrote…

we make it following… if boss come are one usually out OF combat which you the possibility give gear to switchen. which recommendable is to be put on at least the BT-Halskette. with shadowbuff the priest has actually already times ne very good resist chance to give silence which quite prevent-eats be could.

furthermore we try to entangle thrall and around him the standing npc´s not at all into the fight with trashwellen around these us for to keep bossfight. we use only the tauren additionally. being LOCK or off tank (feral, krieger) with waves with the large viechern with thrall turns off around these promptly to intercept to be able around none npc´s to lose.

stands with bossfight thrall the +3-4npc´s is enough for us feral with thrall out over doomadds to only nuken. thus one hatt mostly only maximally 2 ADDs to refuel.

to the positioning…

boss with us with the tauren refuelled during my mine + a sound approx. 10-20m before the ramp with thrall to stand above between raid and offtankposi. with doom then appropriate run more raidmember simply at me on the ramp where thrall before it then past normally stand. that has the advantage that first:
I between ADDs and raid stand and thus with the more constantly weihe ADD also agro´e if I am gestunnt, and/or the radius of action for exorzismus, to sign or arranging judgement double for the case one stuns with addspawn.

I refuel the ADDs usually completely through to it down am. feral that the only one with me is more dd´ler usually, also still is for the following reason with me, because if I take the money doom an adequate tank replacement am present.

if their it to create should not sufficient npc´s with thrall alive hold also no large problem. one has relatively fast a feeling for whether dmg for the ADDs is enough. take otherwise simply still nen off more dd´ler from raid.

As sound one a Schamane mostly stands with me. It has the advantage that he can heal alone me and feral relatively easy and before all manaeffizient by chaining healing.

tjo, then we usually make it and function perfectly. owing to exorzismus, to sign throw and weihe I find us as off tank, there us at most abilitys for the order stand around escaped ADDs if necessary still on rank to get for etc. very efficiently there.

hope you little to have likewise helped

so far

Heidi

It's nearly comprehensible :O
Google wins o.o
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Mt. Hyjal