Sinister Reflections

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby inthedrops » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:21 pm

I've never been clipped (that I noticed)...ever. We killed him pre patch but not pre "when they took out improved wing clip." I'm not saying it doesn't happen to others.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:09 am

Cakes wrote:
fafhrd wrote:
Worldie wrote:Well, anything you wrote about pots is now inapplicable :)

Melee damage from all reflections was quite nerfed, they hardly pose any issue to heal through, only ones that can actually kill a tank are mages.
Also i don't know why, hunters haven't ever used Wing Clip on me yet.

They took the wing clip out pretty early on iirc

They took improved wing clip out early, they'll still wing clip if it hits.

I'd still recommend a free action potion for the paladins, but that's just me.

Ah, right. It won't root you now though, which is what the big quoted post appears to be warning of.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Markoh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:49 am

Well if anything the wing clip will help you now. The only hard part about hunters is you have to move slowly with them or they will start shooting you, if by some chance you got wing clipped this would actually make it easier to move them.
Markoh

Postby Eender » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:58 am

I posted that quote to show that the info was posted a long time ago (look @ the original post which there is a link for in this thread). The only things that have changed are the nurfs which everyone is aware of and the removal of imp wingclip which is just second hand knowledge for me so I didn't think about. I "thought" it was self explanatory but I stand corrected =D.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby inthedrops » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:51 pm

Eender wrote:I posted that quote to show that the info was posted a long time ago (look @ the original post which there is a link for in this thread). The only things that have changed are the nurfs which everyone is aware of and the removal of imp wingclip which is just second hand knowledge for me so I didn't think about. I "thought" it was self explanatory but I stand corrected =D.

I understand where you're coming from. I thought this thread had to do with one tank handling both the reflections and KJ but it ended up as a discussion of handling reflections.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:37 pm

Well i had started the topic just to get infos about reflections :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby towelliee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:01 am

It depends on the Reflection for me..

/target sinister reflection
/cast Avengers Shield

This helps me in 2 ways

#1 - It gets me initial aggro with AS with Templar talent
#2 - Easier to find the reflections since I can follow whereever my shield threw

The minute I get to the shields...if its warrior...I pop Divine Protection for reduced dmg. If its casters or Paladins, I take free action potion.
towelliee

Postby Jellypop » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:55 am

melee gotta help out on priests for single target if raid lacks

kitties hurt...

a lot of KJ is dependant on luck also... like when he refuse to cast Darkness for a minute in p5 ....
Jellypop

Re: Sinister Reflections

Postby Consecrate » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:29 am

Knaughty wrote:
Worldie wrote:I've read through the KJ topic but couldn't find this info, maybe i missed it...

I'm looking for the notable abilities of every kind of reflection, and eventually the "strategy" to deal with them.
We will be running with 2 prot paladins (me tanking both KJ and reflections) and maybe a feral, wtb info kkthx.

• Mages can burst you down.
• Hunters are hard to move.
• Priests need massive single-target DPS or they just heal
• Pallies stun. TPS will be low. Not really an issue.

Rest are easy enough I haven't bothered to work out what their abilities are, they just die.

Get someone else to tank KJ - mage or warlock. You don't want to do it, you won't have the TPS, even with JoL, once you hit the first set of reflections. And there are a couple of reflection types that pump out enough damage to make it sketchy without soaking flays on top.

Spec DG, pop bubble for the 25% collapse if you haven't used it prior. Only bubble off Fire bloom if there's reflections coming up.

After 25 % you want to go get a 2nd dragon (which is another good reason not to be "tanking").

Hmm, we use 2 and a half tanks (I say half, one is the raid leader who admits he does fuck all, 24 manning KJ ftl :<), I tank the boss in semi ret gear, semi prot gear and I help pick stuff up with my little bumchum warrior, I don't see that threat is an issue, as every kill since the patch I have been over a MILLION threat ahead of the next person.
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby Markoh » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:37 pm

towelliee wrote:It depends on the Reflection for me..

/target sinister reflection
/cast Avengers Shield

This helps me in 2 ways

#1 - It gets me initial aggro with AS with Templar talent
#2 - Easier to find the reflections since I can follow whereever my shield threw

The minute I get to the shields...if its warrior...I pop Divine Protection for reduced dmg. If its casters or Paladins, I take free action potion.

There was a macro on the original kj thread that was probally the best one I've seen for this fight (thanks to grims from the original thread for this)

/cleartarget
/targetexact Sinister Reflection
/stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
/cast Avenger's Shield(Rank 3)

It's nice b/c you can spam it and not have to worry about it going off when you don't want it.
Markoh

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau