A few random Q's about WotLK

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

A few random Q's about WotLK

Postby Big Mushy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:03 pm

First up last night I had pure Irony last night in BT after months of killing mother I got the libram (yay!) RoS dropped the neck (meh I know it will be replaced soon) and Illy was kind enough to give me a shield.

My questions are related to the shield mainly, I know that it will last me quite a while but I was wondering how many people on beta actually used it until 80, or if it would be replaced around the time I get shield slap?

Also just for something random I've been hearing many different things about the new mounts in wrath, (more specifically the grand mammoth or multi person mounts) does anyone have an idea of how much they cost? I've read that some are 20k then they dropped to 10 or 5 then they went back up, anyone remember what the prices were like?

thanks for your time everyone and I hope to see people in wrath!
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:13 pm

The shield from Illidan will probably last you until level 77 when you can craft a Saronite Bulwark. Although it's probably not worth the effort of even getting that and enchanting it as it's not a big upgrade. You might as well just wait til 80 and get the Titansteel Shieldwall crafted.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Eender » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:34 pm

On beta you are "best" off in my opinion to keep your bulwark till 80 and run heroic Strath for the dropped shield in there. Save your mats for other things like the caster mace or the 2H. At least this is what I did on beta and it worked out perfectly.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby knaughty » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:46 pm

Fridmarr wrote: wait til 80 and get the Titansteel Shieldwall crafted

QFT.

7530 Armor
211 Block
+36 Strength
+69 Stamina
Equip: Increases defense rating by 64

Highest defence rating in game of any shield, and getting & maintaining 540 is difficult.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Zumor » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:37 am

Knaughty wrote:
Fridmarr wrote: wait til 80 and get the Titansteel Shieldwall crafted

QFT.

7530 Armor
211 Block
+36 Strength
+69 Stamina
Equip: Increases defense rating by 64

Highest defence rating in game of any shield, and getting &
maintaining
540 is difficult.

maintaining is the most problematic part.
You can keep that shield until lvl80, in heroics drop some blue shields on the same niveau as the BTshield.
Zumor

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Plus, the Bulwark looks quite badass.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Karador » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Worldie wrote:Plus, the Bulwark looks quite badass.

^^ This
Karador

Return to WotLK