Remove Advertisements

ZA

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kaelie » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:43 pm

ehly wrote:If noone hasn't yet I do suggest going to ZA and looking at the entrance. I find it very pretty with the double waterfalls on both sides of the road riding into ZA. Can't wait.

Now Sunwell...I have no idea how that is going to work. You will have to go deep into our guarded territory. If you count those poor bored guards at the great lift as horde terrority (which I don't)..then we have +2 zones over alliance. I wish we had twice as many Instances :D ..but sadly we do not.


The problem with it not being neutral isn't guards or anything, it's that Horde can get there without any danger, while Alliance are going to be camped at the gates the same as happens with Karazhan. It annoys me with SM, and it's really going to annoy me with a raid. WTB [Raid instance in Elwynn Forest].
Image
User avatar
Kaelie
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 am
Location: Lightninghoof

Postby SmurfZG » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:05 pm

Kaelie wrote:
ehly wrote:If noone hasn't yet I do suggest going to ZA and looking at the entrance. I find it very pretty with the double waterfalls on both sides of the road riding into ZA. Can't wait.

Now Sunwell...I have no idea how that is going to work. You will have to go deep into our guarded territory. If you count those poor bored guards at the great lift as horde terrority (which I don't)..then we have +2 zones over alliance. I wish we had twice as many Instances :D ..but sadly we do not.


The problem with it not being neutral isn't guards or anything, it's that Horde can get there without any danger, while Alliance are going to be camped at the gates the same as happens with Karazhan. It annoys me with SM, and it's really going to annoy me with a raid. WTB [Raid instance in Elwynn Forest].


I'm sorry.. are you saying that you think karazhan is in horde territory? even though darkshire is closer to kara than stonard and it is labeled contested territory? yellow text in the name? etc?
SmurfZG
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:51 am

Postby corc » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Kaelie wrote:...the same as happens with Karazhan.


you do know they have a town in the swamp right? it's not THAT much farther than Duskwood.

This will be much more like ZG than Kara or SM anyway--Horde town (read FP) close to a raid instance. I never had a problem with ZG, and for that part, problems with SSC/TK aren't that bad either.
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Postby Kaelie » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:13 pm

My problem is horde can walk in with no problems, Alliance have to get lucky and not have half a guild get bored and camp them. Like happens to both sides at Karazhan. Horde get to skip it, because we can't hit them unless they start it. :p
Image
User avatar
Kaelie
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 am
Location: Lightninghoof

Postby Chevalier » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:56 pm

I think it being not contested will actually lead to less battle because raid leaders wont want their groups to flag.
User avatar
Chevalier
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:29 am

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:59 pm

Kaelie wrote:The problem with it not being neutral isn't guards or anything, it's that Horde can get there without any danger, while Alliance are going to be camped at the gates the same as happens with Karazhan. It annoys me with SM, and it's really going to annoy me with a raid. WTB [Raid instance in Elwynn Forest].

If hordes will "camp" they will have to flag and then can be killed as well.

Even half-brained horde raid leaders will want their raid to not flag, since having half raid flagged and half not fucks up buffs and auras.


Anyway, Light's Hope Chapel isnt *that* far from Zul Aman, maybe its even nearer than the Ghostland FP.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13303
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Mellithe » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:27 am

my server is 80% horde so I will be expecting to get camped there. As it stands now even Kara there is often horde groups just waiting there to snag folks. Yesterday got lucky and we got there and organized first before 2 horde groups came (killed them all 10 vs 20 woot). Still typically on the "new" servers (post BC), there is a monster imbalance of horde to alliance. I fully expect this to be troublesome.
Winter is Coming
Image
Mellithe
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:54 am
Location: Florida

Postby Tats » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:41 am

you need to send some my way. on most non-pvp servers, the ally/horde ratio is like 7-1

as far as za goes, lets hope its not as strict on group composure as karazhan was.
User avatar
Tats
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:59 am

Postby Kaelie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:34 am

Tats wrote:you need to send some my way. on most non-pvp servers, the ally/horde ratio is like 7-1

as far as za goes, lets hope its not as strict on group composure as karazhan was.


Kara was strict on group composure? O_o Illhoof is the closest thing to needing a certain group for that I can think of. Just bring two or three healers, a tank, and six or seven dps. If you're just starting, have some cc and an offtank.
Image
User avatar
Kaelie
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 am
Location: Lightninghoof

Postby ehly » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:53 am

Enjoys playing on a PvE server, and am now reminded why ^^
User avatar
ehly
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: Kael'thas- US

Postby Vanifae » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:04 am

ehly wrote:Enjoys playing on a PvE server, and am now reminded why ^^

Wuss.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:27 am

Kaelie wrote:
Tats wrote:you need to send some my way. on most non-pvp servers, the ally/horde ratio is like 7-1

as far as za goes, lets hope its not as strict on group composure as karazhan was.


Kara was strict on group composure? O_o Illhoof is the closest thing to needing a certain group for that I can think of. Just bring two or three healers, a tank, and six or seven dps. If you're just starting, have some cc and an offtank.


Well the current version of Karazhan is pretty nerfed from what was released, not to mention the gear is now a lot better. When we were first hitting kara, we found that warlocks were a near necessity for Aran and Illhoof, well actually Illhoof was easy, then hard, and now easy again.

Beyond that I wouldn't say it was really strict but unless you are going to be swapping folks in or out, that was enough to be a pain.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9665
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby iliya » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:27 am

Vanifae wrote:
ehly wrote:Enjoys playing on a PvE server, and am now reminded why ^^

Wuss.


You say that now.
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
Image
iliya
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:38 am

Postby ehly » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:16 pm

I started on a PvP server. So not a complete wuss. I just am more of casual player, and our PvE server fill that niche nicely :) At times I miss the PvP fights in front of instances...just not that often :)
User avatar
ehly
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: Kael'thas- US

Postby Kaelie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:13 pm

As a mage, I tend to really hate the "We need a warlock, we need warlock!" people in the guild. Maybe if warlocks had their damage nerfed I'd be cool with it, but it sucks being passed up for someone with more utility who does just as much damage a lot of the time. Shade's Elementals die pretty damn fast with two fire mages shooting them in the face.

Main thing I'm hoping for in ZA, besides the loot holes being filled, is that it's more friendly for melee. Everything in Kara other than Shade seems to really prefer ranged.
Image
User avatar
Kaelie
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 am
Location: Lightninghoof

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest