Remove Advertisements

Experiance in WotLK

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Experiance in WotLK

Postby Vires » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:13 pm

I tried searching for this but only found outdated information...

Ive heard 2 different rumors -

Rumor 1 - Experiance is greatly increased in Wrath. Getting to level 71 is CONSIDERABLY further than it was from 69-70. This was designed to prolongue the time up to 70 - and give people more time to "see the world"

Rumor 2 - Experiance was greatly increased ONLY for beta, to allow the maximum level of testing from level to level. Once Wrath comes out, this experiance level is going to be lowered considerably, but will still remain in line with gradual increases per level of experiance needed

Anyone around who can clear this up? Im shooting for around 73 - 74 in the first weekend; just curious if this is a realistic goal.

Thanks guys!
Vires

Postby ulushnar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 pm

The jump from 70-71 is higher than 69-70. The reason for this is so that people don't load up on quests and then turn em in on launch day and get all the way to level 71.

They did the same thing with the XP in Outland compared to Azeroth.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Vires » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:27 pm

Ya i figured that much, but i had heard some rediculous increase - that the experiance needed from 70-71 was more than 2.5 million xp needed. I shouldve clarified more, sorry about that.

Anyone have a experiance number from 70-71?
Vires

Postby Splug » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:32 pm

There was a period of time where Blizzard was experimenting with leveling paces in wrath, and for a while it was significantly inflated. When they finished playing with it and settled on xp values, here's what happened:

XP per level in the Outlands range (60-69) were shortened by about 50%.
XP per quest in Outlands was unchanged.
XP per level in the Northrend range (70-79) is about 50% higher than the old Outlands level range values.
XP per quest in Northrend is about 50% higher than the old Outlands level range values.

Conclusions: 60->70 is now considerably shorter, on par with levels in the old world. 70->80 should take about as long as 60->70 did at TBC launch.

EDIT: If memory serves correctly, the final values were in the 2 million ballpark for 79->80 and slightly shorter leading up to that. The number really doesn't matter though - just plan on things taking about as long as they did for TBC.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Last I heard was that saving up quests to turn in for 71 does work, but a full log of quests is going to get you maybe a quarter of the level. The verdict was "effective, but scarcely worth the effort".
Arcand

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:44 pm

Splug wrote:
EDIT: If memory serves correctly, the final values were in the 2 million ballpark for 79->80 and slightly shorter leading up to that. The number really doesn't matter though - just plan on things taking about as long as they did for TBC.

-Splug

I'm quite sure it ended up being around 1.8kk for 80, and 1.3kk for lvl 71
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Taragor » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:37 pm

Is it true that the daily quest will yield exp (such as Isle and Shat quests)? If so 15-20 of those will fill someones log very quick. Maybe not worth it, but a bit of a head start to jump out at...at least the turn in's are all in the same spot for the most part.
Taragor

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:40 pm

They give exp, very little but they do.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Radience » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:05 am

Did anyone in beta try how's xp from lv 70 instances, like aoeing Shattered Halls?
Radience

Postby Macha » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:20 am

Radience wrote:Did anyone in beta try how's xp from lv 70 instances, like aoeing Shattered Halls?

I honestly don't know why you want to do this. At least do it to nexus, it has enough trash and is *new*
Macha

Postby Karador » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:09 am

Not sure how it is going to be at release but on Beta it was roughly 1.6 million XP Per level from 70-80 Going up a little each level to get to the next one.
Karador

Postby mirkodeluxe » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:34 am

Macha wrote:
Radience wrote:Did anyone in beta try how's xp from lv 70 instances, like aoeing Shattered Halls?

I honestly don't know why you want to do this. At least do it to nexus, it has enough trash and is *new*

There is absolutely no point in doing old instances for XP.
You dont do old quests instead of new ones, do you?
mirkodeluxe

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:54 am

mirkodeluxe wrote:
Macha wrote:

There is absolutely no point in doing old instances for XP.
You dont do old quests instead of new ones, do you?
The way they found to make it undesirable to stay in old places is
Pick the 60-70 leveling curve, and triple it. Then clone the 60-70 exp income and triple it.

There you go. Equal speed leveling, but totally failsauce if you don't go to northrend.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby EvilNuff » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:28 am

Yes, it was horrible. Heck quest xp in Northrend instances is horrible compared to questing in Northrend.

The XP needed has changed several times in beta. For example, at one point you needed 1.741M xp to ding 71, later this was changed to 1,532,380 xp needed (I don't recall if they have changed it since then). At any rate, its approximately 10% more xp needed every level up to 80. I don't have the current xp #s needed but I have the numbers from about 2 or 3 months ago, heh.
EvilNuff

Return to WotLK