Remove Advertisements

How long does T6 last

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:11 am

maurok wrote:so...
In my case for example, I´m geared with some nice badges (100 badges chest and legs), some ZA (shoulders, boots, ring), some T4 (Helm and Gloves), and the rest are kara/gruuls/mag epics... my guild is around the same place as I am. But it´s been really hard making 25-man since ppl lost the interest in raiding. they are all "waiting for WoTLK".
Do you think once the expansion hits, it would worth making tries on MH/BT or even SWP when we get around 72~73?

for what I read, by this time we would all be at least with T5 equivalent gear from the expansion, and we could get some items that would last for a good time. would those instances be much easier with the extra HP/Mana/Skills/Talents from these 2~3 lvls?

If you want to go MH-BT, you should go there for the sake of seeing the place, not for items you will replace at ~75.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby towelliee » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:49 am

So what about weapons? When does Brut get replaced? And or ToC? Or Dragon Encrusted Blade.
towelliee

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:53 am

Around 75 when you get one of these quest rewards.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:59 am

Best in slot weapons and shields are replaced by 75/77 blues, so no matter what you have now you won't be using it long.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Dianora » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:04 am

Worldie wrote:
Majiben wrote:Sadly many will be forced to use These pants simply because they provide a huge amount of defense, twice as much as Sunwell pants.

Though regemming them might make te sunwell gear usable

SHAME I HAD ALREADY GEMMED ALL FOR DEFENSE

Yea i foresaw the future.

As a JC, I'm not bothering with regemming my gears until next Thursday or Friday. Northrend uncommon gem simply outclass the BT epic gem.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Dianora » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:05 am

towelliee wrote:So what about weapons? When does Brut get replaced? And or ToC? Or Dragon Encrusted Blade.

At level 74, in Zul'Drak in a very simple quest, you replace Brutalizer. It's really painful for me to part with that sweet sweet axe, but progress is progress.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Senador » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:11 am

Are trinkets better itemized and placed around this time?

I know in early and even into mid (T5 content) for TBC some trinkets were in use from old world (Neph Tear, Rejuv Gem, etc.) will that still be the case now? (Commendation/Shadowmoon Insignia/Naaru Slivers/etc) Or are there enough quality trinkets around in the earlier content that we won't have to rely on old ones.
Senador

Postby Karador » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 am

Senador wrote:Are trinkets better itemized and placed around this time?

I know in early and even into mid (T5 content) for TBC some trinkets were in use from old world (Neph Tear, Rejuv Gem, etc.) will that still be the case now? (Commendation/Shadowmoon Insignia/Naaru Slivers/etc) Or are there enough quality trinkets around in the earlier content that we won't have to rely on old ones.

I used Scarab at 80 because of the Def on it >.> Trinkets are easy to come by if you are DPS but tanking ones are kinda few and far between in wrath it seems. ( while leveling to 80 and in heroics i mean )
Karador

Postby daemonym » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Karador wrote:
Senador wrote:Are trinkets better itemized and placed around this time?

I used Scarab at 80 because of the Def on it >.> Trinkets are easy to come by if you are DPS but tanking ones are kinda few and far between in wrath it seems. ( while leveling to 80 and in heroics i mean )

unless you go JC, then you get some big time sexiness there. 63stam with 2 gem spots (with uber dodge on use), adamantite figurine 2.0 and pocket watch 2.0 and several others i can't think of.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Kellann » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:39 pm

My only problem with the new items is:

There's no purple tanking mace which makes the swap to give dwarves the mace racial pretty...lame. I guess 'broken promise' should have been a mace.

Tanking Weapons, sort by iLvL for a decent snapshot
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:47 pm

I guess I should add that I'm going to be using the Titansteel Guardian at 80 until Last Laugh. So if you're not a BS but choose to use a defense weapon you can make similar gear choices. But then I'm also going for a Titansteel Shield Wall which is a very high defense shield.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lieris » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:28 pm

This sword is the only dungeon drop I see that is worth farming for. Everything else can be replaced by epic craftables (shield, goggles, boots, neck, ring etc.) and a bit of re-geming. The badge belt and this cloak are very easy to get too.

If you don't want to replace everything with blues and can't be bothered to farm instances for drops or use mats on craftable blues (that will just be short lived stopgaps) then I don't think you don't have to. Just steamroller a bunch of heroics with friends for achievements, badges and Frozen Orbs instead. :)

Oh and being a blacksmith will yield a bunch of extra sockets too.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby voitstarr » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Just a quick trinket note, this time around blizzard have set up more trinket quest rewards, most of the trinkets i have seen WONT replace what you have . this isnt a bad thing, and as we all know some trinkets will last longer depending on what you are using for tanking etc.

but most likely you will take an AP trinket just for extra dmg ><

just my 2cents
voitstarr

Postby Senador » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't see it as a bad thing (I thought it was rather poor design when old trinkets still stacked as well as they had) and was curious if the past mistake had been repeated.
Senador

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:40 pm

Honors,

Perhaps you could answer your own question, and help us all the the process, by adding a bunch of the dungeon drops to your spreadsheet. I think that is what will really answer the question. Some slots will likely fair much better than others...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK