Remove Advertisements

11 point talent "Maybe" Info

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby knaughty » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Majiben wrote:
Lore wrote:I love the idea of using the Charger.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Avias » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:02 pm

I love the charger idea, and making it trample things in route would be awesome lol.

10/10!
Avias

Postby Sharlos » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:48 pm

As long as you can use it indoors I'd like that idea, it would esentially be a paladin's version of sprint but awesomer.

I'd like a charge but I don't want one because warriors and bears already have one. I like how they did DKs, they are viable but completely different to the other tanks.

I already don't like the idea of us getting a carbon copy of shield wall.

But I really like the idea of summoning a charger for a few seconds and chasing bad guys, really paladinish.
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby Jtree » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:53 pm

Sharlos wrote:As long as you can use it indoors I'd like that idea, it would esentially be a paladin's version of sprint but awesomer.

Oh yeah, that'd be manditory.

To make it even more convoluted, it needs a 225 skill rank as well. How about leaving behind a trail of consecration?
Jtree

Postby Repartee » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:38 pm

Jtree wrote:To make it even more convoluted, it needs a 225 skill rank as well. How about leaving behind a trail of consecration?

Oddly enough, I suggested to a friend a couple days ago that it should leave a holy light trail behind to heal friendlies. A trail of consecration could work as well, but harder to control. Whereas friendlies can see your trail and opt to move inside of it for heals.

Using the charger graphic is nothing but win for either version.
Repartee

Postby MonkH » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:25 am

has it been said when they aim to implement an 11 point talent cus think they missed 3.0.3. seems summit that shoulda been implemented b4 wotlk release >.<
Daeden Prot Pala of EU-Frostmane.

Classes also played:
Druid, Warlock, Priest, Warrior, and now Paladin
MonkH

Re: 11 point talent "Maybe" Info

Postby Wakeman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:35 am

What would you like to see that would both benefit us and help Ret paladin in pvp?

Something similar to "Charge" is ok for me. We can have Jump: jump to the target directly. :P

Maybe a talent that adds interrupt effect to our judgement? Hmm, I guess this will be too powerful.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Candiru » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:40 am

This is is pure win!

I love the idea of a charger-mounted sprint, very paladinesque.

I would have it so its an untargetted sprint, rather than a charge. You hit the button, your mount appears in a flash of light and you can then ride around until it expires. You are able to use all your spells/abilities since its a "sprint" rather than a "mount"

Also, if the paladin is affected by righteous fury then any targets hit by the mount will be taunted.

I would give the charger knockback if the paladin has riding 225 skill, so you can plow straight into a group of mobs/players and they take holy damage equal to level*10 and get knockbacked a few yards.

This would also work as a minor PvP interrupt, since knockback effects cancel spellcasting, but don't prevent new spellcasting.
Candiru

Postby Andryana » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:14 am

I would love something that would help mitigate damage against casters and at the same time would give us an active ability, something like:

*Insert Corny Shield'ess name
1 min CD

The Paladin absorbs all the magic damage up to 20% of his health, when the shield is consumed, his next Shield Of Righteousness will deal as bonus the damage absorbed.
Andryana

Postby Playdoh » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:19 am

I say the charger idea is the best idea I have seen.

The graphics on this could be stellar.

I didn't become a paladin tank because I wanted to tank, I fell in love with tanking after I had the 41 talent avenger shield talent point. I figured if I wanted to keep that talent I needed to learn how to tank.

I had some good help from a couple of warriors and these boards fleshed out the rest.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby Falibard » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:54 am

TL;DR (Yay AotM)

Reflected Light

Next spell cast against the player will be reflected back to the enemy and converted to Holy damaged. Cannot be cast while under the effects of Divine Shield/Holy Wrath.

30 second cooldown.

I like the concept, and it has a Paladin flavor to it.
Falibard

Previous

Return to General