Divine Shield, Avenging Wrath and Forebearance (3rd try)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Proudfoot » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:33 am

side tracking a little bit here but can someone confirm whether or not Blizz nerfed Sanctified Wrath? I've heard that the 50% damage reduction ignore was removed...

anyone confirm?
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Katamai » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:35 am

It was... check MMOchampion's blue tracker.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Proudfoot » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:49 am

Katamai wrote:It was... check MMOchampion's blue tracker.

Thanks, I wish I could get to MMOchamp at work :(

Also does our Righteous Vengeance DoT roll like Warrior's Deep wounds?
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby elfjorc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:54 am

Proudfoot wrote:

It does yes.
elfjorc

Postby Katamai » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:55 am

Proudfoot wrote:

It's rolling like Ignite. Can't link the threads cause i'm getting "server is buy" when i try to access the forums.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby aureon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:35 am

they said that it's like DW.
hopefully, if not now, it will be.
STILL, a end tier talent 5pt-er worst than a 2nd tier 3pt-er is... strange...
aureon

Postby Splug » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:02 am

Ok. The changes listed in that Ghostcrawler post are pretty much dead on what I and several others have said needed to be done. As expected, the hotfix to add existing debuffs is a temporary patch-job.

Given that they are changing the actual effect of divine shield (changing the slow to a "new damage reduction") and potentially divine protection, I can certainly see a reason for waiting until a full patch rather than hotfixing it. Anyone who has been on the beta has seen some of the more odd things that can happen on quickly-implemented untested changes. (Unholy Blight rank 2 -> server crash, Typhoon rank 5 = Doomkin, Two-handed weapon spec -> damage increased by 9999%, etc.) I think they've made the right call on not trying to push an actual spell change live with a hot fix, and their long-term plan is sound.

It does suck that it screwed things up for a while on live, but... raid content is also a complete joke right now.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Zironic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:11 am

Splug wrote:Ok. The changes listed in that Ghostcrawler post are pretty much dead on what I and several others have said needed to be done. As expected, the hotfix to add existing debuffs is a temporary patch-job.

Given that they are changing the actual effect of divine shield (changing the slow to a "new damage reduction") and potentially divine protection, I can certainly see a reason for waiting until a full patch rather than hotfixing it. Anyone who has been on the beta has seen some of the more odd things that can happen on quickly-implemented untested changes. (Unholy Blight rank 2 -> server crash, Typhoon rank 5 = Doomkin, Two-handed weapon spec -> damage increased by 9999%, etc.) I think they've made the right call on not trying to push an actual spell change live with a hot fix, and their long-term plan is sound.

It does suck that it screwed things up for a while on live, but... raid content is also a complete joke right now.

-Splug

They've also said they really dislike making tooltips inaccurate and since the tooltip is client side it can't be hotfixed. So they stick to hotfixing things that don't show up on tooltips ^^
Zironic

Postby Jobah » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:41 am

30 second forbearance.... Im thinking they should add a reduced cooldown to our talent tree. Its not like we pvp or anything... Make it so we cant pop both at the same time, thats it.

Example comes to mind... Dragon hawk, 2nd hatchling side. I bubble out of the debuffs and i wanna pop my wings, but i cant cuz ret pallies our fucking up our class. Right now it pretty much comes down to "well do i want my wings for this fight, or my bubble." I guess i would be able to use both at lvl 80 in a longer fight... but meh, kind of annoying atm :D
Jobah

Postby uke » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:25 am

Jobah wrote:30 second forbearance.... Im thinking they should add a reduced cooldown to our talent tree. Its not like we pvp or anything... Make it so we cant pop both at the same time, thats it.

Example comes to mind... Dragon hawk, 2nd hatchling side. I bubble out of the debuffs and i wanna pop my wings, but i cant cuz ret pallies our fucking up our class. Right now it pretty much comes down to "well do i want my wings for this fight, or my bubble." I guess i would be able to use both at lvl 80 in a longer fight... but meh, kind of annoying atm :D

FYI, Prot PVE is not the end all priority of the paladin class. I'm sorry if another spec of your class is messing things up.

By your logic, Ret PVP'ers could complain about the Prot PVE'ers complaining about how sad they are about being affected when their own spec still isn't working right.

Goes both ways, your favorite spec doesn't take priority over the others.
Last edited by uke on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby Splug » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:34 am

It's being moved to a system very similar to recklessness / retaliation / shield wall. The shared cooldown on the warrior abilities is shorter, but reck/retal are also significantly weaker than avenging wrath and require jumping through hoops with stance changes, not to mention the damage intake increase from recklessness. All in all, that looks like a very fair way to do things.

They'd also mentioned there would be "something else" on sacred duty, it's possible that's a shared cooldown reduction or the like.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:38 am

It really should be something as simple as AW = cannot be used while DS is active + DS dispels AW
Or maybe just change DS penalty from attack speed to damage. Problem solved. You can still bubblewrath, it just won't help.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby uke » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:03 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:It really should be something as simple as AW = cannot be used while DS is active + DS dispels AW
Or maybe just change DS penalty from attack speed to damage. Problem solved. You can still bubblewrath, it just won't help.

That does make the most sense. I can't figure out why they still want to have a 30 sec cooldown b/w the two instead :?
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:43 pm

I did.

Ghostcrawler wrote:Can someone explain this “Sanctified Wrath stealth nerf” you all keep referencing? Unless I am misunderstanding the issue, we actually didn’t make any changes to it.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:45 pm

Also note: Ghostcrawler's post (referenced on the first page) explains that they are going to put DS and AW on a 30 second shared CD.

It says absolutely nothing about Divine Protection being given the same treatment.

Prot will be fine.
Lore
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK