Venting thread

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:47 pm

uke wrote:
crabcrouton wrote:Why would you stroke your ego this way?

There are legitimate issues raised that you obviously didn't read. If you didn't read the thread, why comment on it? Massaging your ego over how you're resilient to changes is actually not a counterpoint to what the thread is about at all.

At the very least we should try to read and understand what others are saying rather than group every post up into a us vs. them paradigm.


Look around. I'm not the only person getting beyond fed up with the endless string of selfpity bawling. It's gotten progressively worse over the last few months.

I'm all for discussing legitimate issues. However:

"I think I've just given up on my class. It's clear that Blizzard has no idea what to do with us and we're going to be worthless for all of WotLK. Maybe I should just reroll or cancel my account"

...is NOT legitimate discussion. And it's infectiously spread to annoying quantities all over this forum, usually from the same group of offenders. Not to mention that fact that a good 50% of the posts in this section are nothing BUT that.

You want to discuss issues we have, with maybe a plan for posting to beta forums to try to get devs to look at it, I'm all for that.

You want someone to give you a hug because you're so despondent that your life sucks, and you want to reroll a new guy or cancel your account, given that stuff changes for better and worse every single week? Spare me the crying. Here's a bottle and a diaper for you.


Then pick out a legitimate issue and discuss it. Ignoring them so you can simply bash those that aren't won't make the legitimate issues go away, and only detracts from the being discussed.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby uke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Fridmarr wrote:

Then pick out a legitimate issue and discuss it. Ignoring them so you can simply bash those that aren't won't make the legitimate issues go away, and only detracts from the being discussed.


To be honest, the constant amount of pure garbage with good points interlaced starts clouding together after a while, and I end up missing the few actual good posts.

I think I'm just going to start avoiding this section alltogether, as I start getting the Ulushnar-cynical twitch the more I read.
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:54 pm

uke wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

Then pick out a legitimate issue and discuss it. Ignoring them so you can simply bash those that aren't won't make the legitimate issues go away, and only detracts from the being discussed.


To be honest, the constant amount of pure garbage with good points interlaced starts clouding together after a while, and I end up missing the few actual good posts.

I think I'm just going to start avoiding this section alltogether, as I start getting the Ulushnar-cynical twitch the more I read.


You can read, they aren't hard to find, in fact you have to dig more to find the crap you are posting about, so that's no excuse. Start posting better or stop posting.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby uke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Fridmarr wrote: Start posting better or stop posting.


If that rule were enforced, we wouldn't even have these pointless QQ topics (or most of these threads, for that matter), and more than a few cryers wouldn't be here anymore.

Regardless, I understand your frustration (as long as you understand mine). I've said my piece and won't bring it up anymore.
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:08 pm

There's a Dorvan joke here somewhere, but Uke, I think you missed Fridmarr's point. Your last post still references a vague "endless sea of cryfest" posts, without specifying any one post or even poster in particular.

Now here's a question: how long before someone starts griefing Fridmarr for his, ugh, what do we call it? "Anti-anti-QQ QQ?" And then what do we call that? "The QQ against anti-anti-QQ QQ'ing?" Christ people, where does the cycle end? Can't we just let the thread devolve into mindless Splug avatar worship and then lock it for being derailed into cult activity?

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:10 pm

Splug wrote:There's a Dorvan joke here somewhere, but Uke, I think you missed Fridmarr's point. Your last post still references a vague "endless sea of cryfest" posts, without specifying any one post or even poster in particular.

Now here's a question: how long before someone starts griefing Fridmarr for his, ugh, what do we call it? "Anti-anti-QQ QQ?" And then what do we call that? "The QQ against anti-anti-QQ QQ'ing?" Christ people, where does the cycle end? Can't we just let the thread devolve into mindless Splug avatar worship and then lock it for being derailed into cult activity?

-Splug


Did I mention that I like your avatar?
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Chunes » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:11 pm

Splug wrote:There's a Dorvan joke here somewhere, but Uke, I think you missed Fridmarr's point. Your last post still references a vague "endless sea of cryfest" posts, without specifying any one post or even poster in particular.

Now here's a question: how long before someone starts griefing Fridmarr for his, ugh, what do we call it? "Anti-anti-QQ QQ?" And then what do we call that? "The QQ against anti-anti-QQ QQ'ing?" Christ people, where does the cycle end? Can't we just let the thread devolve into mindless Splug avatar worship and then lock it for being derailed into cult activity?

-Splug


it would be a lot easier to devolve in that direction if it were animated splug. Even if it winked at me or something.

edit* goddamn you modus, you beat me to the punch.
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Postby uke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Splug wrote:There's a Dorvan joke here somewhere, but Uke, I think you missed Fridmarr's point. Your last post still references a vague "endless sea of cryfest" posts, without specifying any one post or even poster in particular.

Now here's a question: how long before someone starts griefing Fridmarr for his, ugh, what do we call it? "Anti-anti-QQ QQ?" And then what do we call that? "The QQ against anti-anti-QQ QQ'ing?" Christ people, where does the cycle end? Can't we just let the thread devolve into mindless Splug avatar worship and then lock it for being derailed into cult activity?

-Splug


What the heck are you talking abou--

ALL HAIL THE HYPNO-SPLUG!
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Chunes wrote:it would be a lot easier to devolve in that direction if it were animated splug. Even if it winked at me or something.
It does, you just aren't watching it long enough.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Daho » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:15 pm

This is a venting thread and I want to vent,
I'm Really dissappointed in the sloppy way that Blizzard has handled
dealing with fixing one spec in our tree, thus far.
Vent over, Thank you, I just wanted to get that off my chest.
Daho
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:47 am

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:25 pm

Technically we do have a frustrations thread for just straight up venting. This thread started with potential to be something other than that, if not just a bit more specific and readable. Nonetheless, it seems to have served its purpose to bring us the enjoyment of Splug's avatar. I'm locking this now, future venting should be made in the frustrations thread.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Previous

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests